03

My Idiot, Kim Taeyang

Everyone crowded around Taeyang. Sehyuk knelt down and shook his friend's body. "Taeyang, Taeyang. Are together alright?"

 

He was expecting Taeyang to respond but the latter was staying still, not moving a single muscle but he was sweating a lot not because of the training but the pain he was facing. Sehyuk did not waste any time and carried Taeyang to the nurse's room.

 

--FLASHBACK--

On the way to class, Taeyang was all of the sudden pushed away. His back hit the lockers and he let out a groan.

                       

"Looks like the idiot doesn't know self-defense," a guy's voice could be heard. Taeyang ignored them and walked away but he was grabbed by the collar and was pinned against the lockers. "Where do you think you're going?"

 

Taeyang was shivering in fear. "Oh hoooo~ you’re afraid huh. You’re really nothing without Sehyuk. What if you're also a burden to him? Hmmm?"

 

"L-let me g-go... I-I’ll be late for c-class" Taeyang tried his best to get out of their hold but he only got a push back against the lockers as a return.

 

"Taeyang ah, I heard you have a sensitive stomach." He snapped his fingers and was given a pill. "This will be very good for you. Take it and I will let you go."

 

Taeyang gritted his teeth and locked his lips tightly shut, refusing to take it in. A punch came flying toward his stomach which caused him to cough. At the same time, the bully stuffed that pill into his mouth. Unable to spit the pill out, Taeyang forcefully swallowed it in although he did not want to.

 

"You listen well, have fun during training~" they laughed and left him alone.

--END of FLASHBACK--

 

Sehyuk did not waste one second once he reached the room. The nurse checked Taeyang thoroughly and Sehyuk clenched both his fists when he saw a large bruise on Taeyang's stomach. Once the nurse finished with the checkup, she left the room and Sehyuk took over to take care of his friend. However, he saw the time and needed to go back to the field. As the captain, he could not just leave the team. "Taeyang ah, I'm sorry," he muttered and left the room.

 

Hana had seen the whole scene and followed Sehyuk to the nurse's room. When the door opened, she pretended to look elsewhere until Sehyuk's figure could not be seen. Once Sehyuk was out of sight, she entered the room and looked at Taeyang with guilt.

 

"Taeyang ah, I didn't mean what I said just now," she said as she sat down at the plastic chair.

 

"Why did you say you don't know me?" Taeyang spoke up and shocked Hana.

 

"Y-you're awake," Hana stuttered.

 

Taeyang nodded his head. "I'm not that hurt. I'm a guy so I'm strong," he said confidently.

 

Hana giggled and Taeyang shrugged. "What happened? Why did you faint all of the sudden?" Hana asked seriously.

 

"Err...I...I can't remember," Taeyang lied.

 

Hana could sense that Taeyang was lying but she did not want to force the truth out of Taeyang. She was in no position to do so. "If you say so..."

 

There was an awkward silence between them. Taeyang spoke up, "Were you embarrassed of me?"

 

"I-it’s not that-"

 

"If you were embarrassed, you should have told me. I kno-"

 

"Taeyang, stop. I was just not ready for it. I want you as a friend, I told you before didn’t I? I like you. I really do. It was my mistake for ignoring you. I’m just afraid... Of people... Judging me...” Hana did not have the courage to look at Taeyang. She felt like a coward.

 

Taeyang let out a heavy sigh and let his shoulders droop. "I understand... no one likes me. To them, I'm like a weirdo..."

 

Hana bit onto her lower lips. She did not only feel like a coward, she felt guilty too. She wished she could be like Sehyuk who did not care about other people's opinions. Hana wanted to protect Taeyang too.

 

"I'm really sorry Taeyang ah. I really do want to be friends with you but like I said, I'm afraid," Hana said with her head still down.

 

"It's alright. I don't want you to lose your friends," he said with a smile. "But it would make me happy if you at least greet me in the morning," said Taeyang who was practically staring at Hana although the latter was not looking at him.

 

Hana looked up and blushed at the sudden eye contact. She was lost at words all of the sudden.

 

"Oh, I don't know your name," said Taeyang.

 

Hana was still trying to process what Taeyang had just said. "H-Hana... Jung Hana".

 

Taeyang tilted his head and look at her with concern. "Hana ssi, are you afraid of me..? I always stutter when I'm afraid of someone..."

 

Hana chuckled at his theory. "Not all people stutter for the same reason~"

 

"Really..? Why did you stutter then?"

 

Hana look away, not wanting to answer that question. "Ahhh~ I think I’m going to get some drinks. You should rest Taeyang ah." She stood up and was about to go when Taeyang grabbed her hand. Hana turned slowly to look at him as her heart beat increases rapidly.

 

"D-do you mind if I ask you to get me one too?"

 

“Sure,” Hana smiled.

 

Taeyang laid back down onto the bed and stared at the ceiling. He was wondering why people were scared about being with him. He did not understand why people like him were called weirdoes. They were people too. Everyone had the rights to be friends with anyone. Why was he having hard time making friends then? A few minutes passed and Hana had not returned yet. Taeyang sighed as he thought that Hana had ditched him again. What he did not know was that Hana was in trouble.

 


 

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Im back!
Im so sorry for the late update.
I was really busy with my trainings and tournament.
I got really exhausted and I finally managed to get on the computer.
FORGIVE ME.
(laughing bcoz my sentences started off with all "I")
Hope you enjoy. I will be quite active on updating after this week ok!
Please anticipate. :DDD


-UnicornL