Light. ~ Watch Out (Japanese ver.)

"Just say what you wanna say, I'm not listening anyway"

Story number: 9 

Title: Light.

Pairings: Minwoo - Kevin 

Song:  Watch Out (japanes version) 

 

--------------

Home-work; work-home. Nothing else. No one else, just me.

Sometimes I look at people’s face wondering what they do. You know, what they do for living? Do they work? Are they married? Is that man cheating on his wife with that girl? Yeah, my life is too boring so I think about other’s lives.

Every night same road, with the same dump full of garbage. I put my headphones on to escape to music fantasy. It’s common for me to step in dog poop, I never pay attention on the floor when I’m walking. But I don’t care. Nobody is at home to scold me for that. I’ll just leave my trainers outside hanging on my room window and clean it next morning.

I cross this bridge every morning, and every night. I could take a bus, but that would be add more boredom to my already boring life, so I always prefer to walk. There’s a river here, pretty big. I don’t know its name, I never bother to learn it. For me is just the river near to my house. So yeah…

Why is so dark tonight? Maybe the lights of the bridge are not working. Agh, or maybe because at this late hour nobody walks around. Just the boring persons like me who want to take the longest way home.

What’s that light over there? Weird. Is that a person? Well I’m not the only one, at least. Hummmmm hummmm ♪  this song on my playlist relaxes me.
Wait! What-what is he doing? Crossing the fence… I should walk slower…

Yes. I’m right the person is on the other side of the fence. What is he planning to do there? Oh no, I know... Should I get close… or just keep walking…

I’m a cold person, but no so cold to let someone jump out of a bridge in front of my eyes. I-I-will approach.

-Ex-excuse me.

-What!?

-I…I just..what are you doing?                                                                                                                        

-What do you think I’m doing?

-I…I..know, but.. Do you need to do that?

-Who the hell are you!?

-Ca-calm down… I’m just passing by.

-Well, continue your way, get out of here.

-I can’t do that, I’m sorry..

-Are you some kind of freak who likes to watch gore things?

-Not..really….

-Well, then go. Let me die in peace.

What’s with this guy? Does he really need to die?...I don’t know him...but is this that necessary? Life , ah, don’t even tell me that. I know it too well, but this point…is too much.

-Sorry, but do you really need to do this?

-Yah! Are you still here? I told you to go away!

-I can’t do that.

-Don’t you have someone waiting for you at home? Go!

-I don’t.

-Whatever, go with your girlfriend or friends… Just go, ok?

-I don’t have any of that.

-Well, I don’t care. Just go.

-I don’t want to.

-Ok, whatever. Just don’t talk to me. I want my last moments in silence.

-Ok.

What do I do? What do I do? First I’m going to sit here at the floor. Then I need to think. What to do? Should I call the police? 911… Yes, that would be a good idea….yeah.

-I know what are you thinking, If you call them I jump right away.

-Ok, ok. I won’t. Calm down.

, how did he know? Now I’m doomed.  This will take all night. The guy is shacking. Maybe he doesn’t want to die really. He seems confused and hopeless. But we’re all been there. I’ve been there too many times, but this…never really crossed my mind…. But thinking it over...no! What I am thinking? I need to stop this or else I’ll be jumping too.

-Life , doesn’t it?

-Whatever.

-If you don’t agree, why do you want to end it?

-I didn’t tell I don’t agree.

-Ah, yeah…I’m Kevin by the way. I work near here, and my house is on the other side of the bridge.

-I don’t care.

-Damn, you’re though. What’s your name?

-You don’t need to know, tomorrow I’ll be nothing.

-But you still are something now. So you should have a name.

-….Minwoo.

-Minwoo, nice. Hello.

-…

-Is there something that you like, Minwoo? I mean something worthy in this life for you.

-Nothing.

-There’re must be something. I like music, for instant. I like to sing, though I’m not that good.

-….dance.

-Oh…there is.

-…I’ll not dance anymore. Never again.

-Is that the reason of this?

-maybe….what do you care? I’m done. I won’t talk anymore.

-Should I sing for you? Wanna listen?

-….

Who would have thought that I’ll be in the middle of a dark night, trying to save a life? Ja, something interest, finally! I haven’t sang for someone in a long time, what if my horrible voice makes him want to jump right away?...but what If it don’t? …I have to take the chance.

-Mmm  mmmma hmmmm my love  kudenma,  hmmm jeolguoni saranghae  always be with you…

I sang. I sang with all my forces. I wanted my voice to reach him. I don’t know if he is even listening, but I’ve tried. I don’t have any other as. Just that, If this doesn’t work, he can jump. I don’t care anymore.

He turned around. Finally can see his face better, he has one black eye. Swollen dehydrated lips, tears all over his face. Shiny eyes, full of life. Why is he planning to do this? Why….?

-I at singing I know, I’ll be going now. It was nice to meet you, Minwoo.

-Kevin…

-Hum.

-T-thank you.

-Erhm, am yeah, so..good bye.

That night I got home with my heart beating so fast. What was all that? A dream? He was a ghost? No. It happened.

I can’t sleep, maybe I should go back. Maybe he is still there. Maybe he jumped. What if he did? Would anyone found his body on this dessert town? What do I do? No, it’s none of my business, I need to stop thinking about others’ lives. Kevin, you have to work tomorrow, just sleep, can’t you?

---------

It’s been a week and the local news didn’t say anything. Maybe they didn’t find his body yet. Such a pity, beneath all that crappy look he was cute. Maybe we could have been friends or who knows…Agh! What am I thinking? He’s dead.

The bridge is still with no lights. God, when are they going to fix this? Maybe I should make a claim? Nah, too lazy to do that. And it’s just me, they won’t do it just for me. I’m nothing, but a crappy worker.  

Hummm… hummmm. I can’t stop mumbling this song. Maybe because I sang it for him…that was the last thing he heard….poor him. I feel bad now, I should have sang it better. But it’s too late now.

I feel cold…HOLY CRAP! AGHHHAGHJASFVG… WHY IS THERE A HAND ON MY SHOULDERS! AYHGSSDDSF!!

-Kevin, take your headphones off.                                                      

-Yah! Yah! You…you’re a ghost! Take your hands away for me!!!

-I’m not a ghost.

-You…you are dead.

-Did you assume that I jumped?

-…you didn’t jump?

-No.

-So you are alive.

-Yah! I’m not a ghost, I didn’t jump.

-Why?. Why??...I mean..why are you here?

-I wanted to meet you again.

-Whatfor? Do you want me to jump with you…? No way, get away from me.

-Yah! Forget the jump already. I wanted to hear your voice again.

-W-what?

-It’s a shame, but every time I was about to jump your voice kept coming to my mind. I couldn’t help it. I needed to hear it one more time.

-Re..really?

-Yes, please.

-Here?

-What? You did it yesterday..

-But It was different, you were about to….

-Ok, so I’m gonna jump if you don’t sing.

-NO! ok, ok, I’ll do it.

He smiled. Oh..what is this? I know this crazy kid is playing with me… Why can’t I refuse? He makes me want to sing. This feeling, I haven’t had this feeling in a long time….what is this situation? Maybe this kid will bring the light that this bridge needs…that my life needs. I don’t know, but at least I’m sure that as long as I keep singing, he won’t jump.

-uhhhhhh, my love kutenmba…

-------------------

This is weird I know D: ; _; Hope you like it anyway <33