Ghost of Wind - (헤어지던 날 (The Day We Broke Up)

"Just say what you wanna say, I'm not listening anyway"

Story number: 8 

Title: Ghost of Wind. 

Pairings: Minwoo - Kevin. 

Song:  헤어지던 날 (The Day We Broke Up)

 

 

That dark night the wind was blowing lightly but the day snow made the weather colder than ever. Kevin and his dad were both sited next to the fireplace, both of them trying to catch some heat. It’s been just two months after her mother passed away and he and his father decided to start a new life in the deepness of the woods far from the city and thier memories. His father wanted to go back to get in touch with nature, that’s what he said and Kevin had no other choice to follow his idea.

-Kevin, go outside and look for some firewood.

-Dad, it’s so cold and it’s dark. I’m scared.

-Go, I’m ordering you. Just walk some meters, there’s no need to enter the forest.

-O-ok.

A bit frightened by the deep obscurity, Kevin walked down the ladder of their house to the beginning of the path of trees. He looked around as he listened the noises of the night with attention. There was an owl staring at him, he looked peaceful but still those frozen eyes made Kevin wanted to hurry up and get the wood as fast as possible.

When he had picked enough branches he hurried up to go back to the house. He noticed that unconfidently he had entered the woods, but luckily he could still see the light coming from the house. He sighed and decided to start his way back when he felt a crunch behind him. He looked down to see if he had stepped into something but he saw just grass and ground.

Now a bit more nervous he looked at his surroundings, he didn’t know why but the trees suddenly felt leafier. He felt a cold wind coming from his back, and he dared to turn around. He almost paralyzed when he saw a skinny blonde boy standing there with a big smile on his face.

-Do you live at that house? – The boy asked.

-Em..I..yes. I just moved.

-My name is Minwoo.

-Kevin…

-It’s cold Kevin, go back with your dad.

Kevin just nodded a bit confused at how that boy knew he lived with his dad. He just grabbed the branches stronger and walked back. He took three steps and decided to say goodbye to his neighbor but when he turned around the boy had disappeared.

-Kevin, you took long.

-I met our neighbor.

-Mmm, weird. I didn’t know we had neighbors, I should stop by to say hello tomorrow.

That night Kevin slept feeling the air colder than ever. He just couldn’t forget the face and the smile of that boy. And how did he know? That was just too weird to find and explanation.

--

Next day when his father was at work, he decided to go explore the woods by himself. The forest looked less scary with the sunlight, but still never-ending and big. He collected some good herbs and pretty flowers.

-Those are nice. –Kevin jumped at hearing a voice on his side.

-Ah, it's you- Kevin said sighing hard-  I was scared yesterday, I’m sorry if I treat you bad I’m just new in this place…

-It’s ok, Kevin.

-My dad is going to say hello to your family today, where do you live? – Minwoo again smiled at Kevin making him feel someking weird inside. 

-I don’t live here.

-Do you mean near here? – Minwoo laughed.

-Actually I don’t live... –He said smiling .

-What do you mean…? – Kevin said sitting on the ground grabbing the flowers strongly with his both hands.

-I mean I’m not alive, Kevin.

-What? Do you mean you are a ghost?

-Ajam.

-And Am I supposed you believe that? –Kevin smirked a little.

-Nop, I’m just telling you. You can do what you want.

-Ok, let’s say I believe you. Who sent you, God? – Kevin said rolling his eyes in disbelief.

-No, actually someone else….your mom.

-WHAT? – Kevin stood up rapidly. Now he was scared. Really how does he know that?? – YAH! YOU. WHO TOLD YOU? ARE YOU STALKING US? I’M CALLING THE POLICE.

-The police don’t even come to this woods, Kevin. Just me. 

-I….you… really… are…that?  -Kevin said stuttering.

-Ajam.

-And…how I…I mean..she.. How is she?

-I can’t tell… I'm just a messenger, she knew I’m familiar with this place so she asked me to give you this.

Minwoo stood up and grabbed Kevin’s paralyzed face to plant a kiss on his cheek. Kevin just stay still feeling the warm of the kiss, the warm of his mother kissing him. His lips felt just like hers. At that moment he felt he could believe what that boy was saying. Minwoo smiled and bend down to pick the flowers Kevin had dropped on the ground.

- Done my job, I have to go. I’ll take this to her. I’m sure she‘ll like them. You have the same taste in flowers anyway. – Minwoo gave his back to Kevin and walked into the woods Kevin shocked his head off the trance and screamed.

-I love you, mom!

Minwoo turned around and smiled at him as the shacking legs of Kevin gave up and made him fell scattered to the ground. He stayed like that for some time, till all his tears dried up and decided to go back to his house. When he opened the door his father was sit next to the fireplace.

-Kevin! Where were you at? I have something interest to tell you. I talked with some guys in town and they told me there’s no houses around here, just ours. But they told me that a family used to live here. They were a couple with one son almost of your age. The kid one day escaped to the woods and got lost, they found his body some time later and the parents just moved. I don’t know who you saw yesterday, but we had no neighbors. Maybe he was just a woodcutter.

Kevin sighed and sit next to him, placing his head on his shoulders.

-I love you, daddy. 

 

----------------------------

Hi! I'm back from my holidays n _n Ready to update!!! About this...idek Just something that crossed my mind. Not really that good but whatever, hope you like it anyway. n _n  Nothing to do with this, but I'm really heartbroken about Eunji and Lee Sem leaving Nine Muses. Lee Sem is my bias and I just can't get used to the idea she won't be there anymore, it's just... no. And I also love Eunji. But, I'll keep supporting my girls no matter what♥ Sorry for this blabblering but you know SE FAMILY lol n -n need to say this ~ u.u