Papers - Intro (Phoenix)

"Just say what you wanna say, I'm not listening anyway"

Story number: 14 

Title: Papers

Pairings: junyoung- Dongjun

Song:  Intro (Phoenix)

 
 

----

Junyoung thought that day, first day of classes would be like every other day. Same boring classmates whom you have to be kind with. Annoying.

He sat at the same spot he did on the previous years. Second line next to the window. He likes to look through it when he gets bores of the lesson.

All his classmates were excitedly talking about what they did on their holidays but he did not care about that, not like he had done anything interesting to tell anyway.

Teacher of this year appeared in the classroom holding some papers, and Junyoung blinked submerged in boredom. After she made her introduction she looked at the door, letting know someone else was to enter the room. A short dark haired boy appeared with a slight smile on his face. Junyoung did not bother to listen to the boy’s introduction and laid on his desk closing his eyes.

When he woke up from his short nap he noticed someone’s stare on his right side. The boy had sat on the desk next to him and he was looking at him wide smiling. Junyoung frowned and returned the smile in courtesy but he still felt weird about the look that boy was giving to him. He turned his head to the front.

After some hours that he did not turned his head to his side he felt something hitting his cheek. A paper that flew to his cheek and fell onto his desk. He took it and opened the paper with curiosity, it was written in pencil. ‘Name?’ it said. He decided to turn to his side again just to find those eyes demanding an answer.  He knew where that paper came from.  The boy kept looking intensively, so he felt like he should answer just to stop it. ‘Moon Junyoung’ he answered. The other boy just nodded.

----------

As the days of that first week were normally passing, those papers still kept on hitting Junyoung’s face. He started to get used to this scheme. Even though Dongjun didn’t talk that much, more than a ‘hello’ or ‘goodbye’, Junyoung seemed to like the boy, because every time he answered one of his questions he would smile, and that made him strangely happy. 

---------

‘Favorite color?’ ‘Sports?’ ‘Math homework?’ were some of the question that he asked.  He wanted to know. Being the new kid is not easy, and making friends neither. Dongjun was glad his method didn’t scared Junyoung. He preferred their relationship on that way. 

‘Wanna be friends?’ Was the paper that made Junyoung’s head spun to the right with determination. ‘Let’s hang out after school, Dongjun.’ Junyoung said bluntly. Dongjun widened his eyes and nodded rapidly.

----------

-Why is so hard to talk to you? – Junyoung asked as they walked together breaking the silence.

-Di-din’t you hear my introcuc-ction the first day?

-No.

-I can’t spe-eak well, hyung.

-That’s the reason of the papers. –Junyoung muttered to himself.

-Pe-people tends to make fun of me for this, I th-thought you would too.

-How could I? I’m not a jerk like our classmates- Junyoung said between teeth and Dongjun just chuckled making Junyoun’s heart grow big inside his chest.

-Now I kno-now that, hyung.

-If anyone dares to make fun of you just tell me, ok?

-Ok. – Dongjun nodded smiling as they continued walking.

------

-Why do you talk to him? –One of his classmates asked with an obnoxious tone.

-Why wouldn’t I?

-He is a weirdo.  Can’t even pronounce an entire sentence. You seemed cool, Junyoung, but hanging out with him makes you look low.

-Never as low as you are. – Junyoung patted hard the shoulder of the guy and smirked going out the classroom.

Dongjun panicked watching the situation. He was used to being called like that, it was ok with him. People made fun of him since he was born. Why Junyoung had to answer like that? That will be troublesome for him. Junyoung glared at him from the door, making signs to come with him. Dongjun nodded rapidly and ran to the door with his head down.

-Hy-hyung! Why would you-you do th-that? You did-didn’t had to.

-Tsch, I’m sick of those bastards. They think they are the best just because they have money and fancy clothes. I’ll break his face in two if I could. How could he say that things about you?

-No! Ca-calm down. It’s ok. I’m u-sed to i-it.

-No. The day when the first of your papers hit my face was the day you choose me as your friend. None of my friends will be humiliated in front of my face, especially you..that…especially you. – Junyoung stopped himself before blurting his feelings but his red cheeks gave him away.

-Ok, hy-hyung. If you sa-say so- Dongjun smiled confused.

-I’m glad you understand. Now let’s go out of here. – Junyoung took Dongjun’s hand and walked him out the school.

Dongjun stared at him, and the smiled brightly.

-O-ok, Hyung.