Chapter 20

Secrets

Silence engulfed the room once more, as no one said a word. Thoughts ran wild and the question of who Myungsoo really was and what he was talking about still lingered.

 

Suddenly, Sungyeol got up from his seat, moving to a corner of the room with wary eyes. 

 

"What's wrong, Yeollie?" Dongwoo asked, confused by Sungyeol's sudden move. 

 

"It's just that, since Myungsoo is part of that organization or something, and we didn't know it all this time, don't you think that anyone of us here could be another betrayer?" Sungyeol answered.

 

Betrayer... The word burnt the silence, causing a few other members to look around warily as they moved to the various corners of the room.

 

Thinking for a moment, Sungjong first spoke.

 

"But hyung, I think Sunggyu hyung isn't one of them, or he wouldn't have told us about his dream, nor would Myungsoo hyung try to..." Sungjong stopped, before continuing. "Kill him." 

 

"Then Sungjong, Sunggyu and Sungyeol are the most unlikely to be one of them." Hoya said, eyebrows furrowed as he tried to analyze the situation.

 

"But that doesn't mean that they aren't part of them, we can't rule them out just like that." Woohyun said. 

 

Silence followed again and slowly, Sungjong moved towards Sunggyu.

 

"Sunggyu hyung, I'm scared." Sungjong whispered, huddling up towards the leader. 

 

"Don't worry, I'm here." Sunggyu replied as he comforted the maknae.

 

"Myungsoo hyung died. Anyone can be next." Sungjong said as his tears started falling again.

 

"Shh... Don't cry, Sungjong. Don't cry." Sunggyu said as he held his own in. 

 

Sniffles could be heard as Dongwoo cried into a pillow he found, and Hoya's eyes were red. Sungyeol was sitting in the corner, staring at the wall. Woohyun had retreated into his room, and soft cries were heard. Everyone was grieving over the death of their friend, their member, Kim Myungsoo. 

 

 

 

 

 

"Why do you have to do that? Haven't you seen enough? They are all miserable right now, not knowing who to trust, or who to not." A man exclaimed with a pleading tone, begging their leader to stop. 

 

"Have you gone soft? Now that Myungsoo's gone, even though that wasn't how I wanted it, they are weak now. And didn't you say that the only way to win, is to strike when your enemies are weak?" The leader answered, before continuing.  "If you dare to reveal our secrets, I'll have no choice but to kill you, just like what I did to him."

 

Thinking back to the scene, the man shuddered and quietly, he walked off. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Days passed. The managers had been told that Myungsoo had went for a little vacation, and that he had informed the members beforehand. The managers had of course went a little crazy, reprimanding the other members for letting him go without permission. However, no one had really cared, all still in their own thoughts as they gave a half hearted apology. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"The end is near, Sunggyu. I'm prepared,  but are you?" 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's note: *cries* Oh my gosh... That was horrible. /rereads what I wrote/ I apologise, really. This chapter was nothing but griefing. *sobs* I'll update soon! Please do leave some comments for this horrible chapter! :)