Chapter 14

Secrets

"Sungjongie, I'll have to go now! Gyu hyung is calling for me again! Bye bye! See you later!" Dongwoo said cheerfully through the phone.

 

"Okay, hyung! I'll be back soon!" Sungjong said with a smile as the call ended.

 

It was almost noon as Sungjong returned from a trip to his previous school where he had visited his teachers. Still thinking about his meeting with his many proud and happy teachers, he smiled widely as he skipped back to the dorm. The school wasn't far from their dorm and thus, he decided to walk back. Sunggyu and Dongwoo had a schedule which was ending soon, while Myungsoo and Sungyeol had another somewhere else. Thus, with two vans used, Sungjong managed to persuade the managers that it was safe enough for him to walk back alone. Besides, it was the weekdays, and at a hour like that, hardly anyone was around.

 

As Sungjong walked on, on his lemon candy, he felt a strange presence following him. Turning around, he found nothing but an empty street. 

 

Weird...

 

Quickening his footsteps, Sungjong could hear slight rustling sounds behind him. Stopping, he whisked around, only to feel a sharp tingle run through him as he fell to the ground, unconscious. 

 

 

 

 

 

"Sungjongie... Sungjong ah... Wake up..." A mixture of voices filled Sungjong's ears as he woke up.

 

Opening his eyes, he found 4 pair of eyes staring back at him.

 

"Yay! He woke up, hyung!" Dongwoo shouted as he jumped up in excitement. 

 

Ignoring Dongwoo, Sunggyu asked with a worried tone, "Sungjong ah, are you feeling all right?" 

 

"What happened to you?" Hoya asked, his tone just as worried as Sunggyu was.

 

"I'm feeling okay, I guess. How did I get here?" Sungjong said as he sat up to face his hyungs.

 

"Woohyun found you in the streets, lying unconscious." Sunggyu replied as he helped Sungjong with the pillows to allow him to sit more comfortably.

 

"Yup I did. What happened?" Woohyun asked. 

 

"I... I don't really know. I was just walking and I felt someone following me and the next thing I know, I was sort of like electrocuted and then I fainted." Sungjong replied as he reached behind his back to feel the spot where he was touched.

 

"Electrocuted?" Hoya asked as he frowned. "Does that mean there are others out there like us? Having special abilities?" he continued.

 

"But if that's it, why did they attack Sungjongie?" Dongwoo asked.

 

That dream... Sunggyu thought as he heard their words.

 

"What dream, Gyu hyung?" Dongwoo immediately said as he heard the leader's thoughts during the short silence.

 

Giving himself another mental face palm, Sunggyu sighed before saying, "Why do you always hear my thoughts?"

 

Dongwoo gave a smile back before saying, "Well, I can't really help it, Gyu hyung. It's just that your thoughts are rather loud." Sneaking behind Sungjong, Dongwoo whispered into Sungjong's ears, "And strange too." With this, Sungjong smiled while nodding in agreement.

 

Deciding not to chase after Dongwoo this time, the leader let out another sigh before launching into his explanation.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's note: Thank you all so much for the subscribers, comments and upvotes! Aww... I'm really happy whenever I see new subscribers or comments! So here's a new update! I'm sorry if it isn't that interesting! I promise that it will get much much more interesting in the future! There's still lots to reveal! :D