Chapter 1

Secrets

Sunggyu took a deep breath as he stepped out of the dorm. They were just recently informed that they would have a break for a while, free of schedules. Smiling, the happy leader started his stroll towards the nearby convenience store to buy some ice cream for the hungry members.

 

My wallet is going to be empty someday...  He thought as he walked on.

 

Walking into the store, he took his time to choose and pick out the flavours of the ice cream. It wasn't like he loved to hang out with the members all day long. Being the oldest hyung and the leader was tiring, especially so when they often bullied him. 

 

Aish, I should have just woken Sungjongie up and asked him to come instead.

 

With a sigh, he walked towards the counter and paid for the items. Finishing the payment, Sunggyu walked out of the convenience store, but shivered slightly upon contact with the air outside. 

 

Has it gotten colder?

 

Rubbing himself with his one free hand, he walked briskly back to the dorm, afraid that the ice cream would melt. Just then, he passed by a small and dark alley. He never really noticed it before, but this time, he somehow had. Along with this, he discovered a figure lying on the ground. Immediately, Sunggyu went to his side.

 

"Are you alright? What are you doing here in this weather?" He asked worriedly.

 

The stranger turned his head slightly, and under the dim streetlight, Sunggyu saw a flash of crimson red across his forehead. Taking a closer look, he found that the stranger was bleeding all over. Shocked, he stared gaping, speechless by this sight.

 

For a few seconds, the stranger groaned, as if trying to speak. However, Sunggyu quickly came to his senses, and whisked out his handphone, calling for the ambulance. 

 

After calling, he turned back to the stranger and said, "The ambulance will be coming soon, and..." 

 

Before he could continue, the stranger suddenly grabbed his hand, the one with the ice cream, and in a weak voice, he cried out, "Go. You... you should not... have come. They... they are... Watching." 

 

Sunggyu trembled slightly at the touch of the stranger. He was freezing cold, as cold as ice itself, and with that touch, it felt like he himself was frozen too. Listening to the stranger's words, he felt a slight chill. 

 

Who are the ones watching? Who is this stranger? 

 

Upon saying this, the stranger collapsed, now unconscious. Just then, the ambulance arrived, and after seeing the stranger being taken to the hospital, Sunggyu walked home in a daze, unable to comprehend what just happened. 

 

When he got back to the dorm, the members all gathered around their hyung.

 

Poking into the bag of ice cream, Woohyun asked, "What took you so long? Did the ice cream melt?" 

 

Meanwhile, the other members took their own share, busy fighting over the flavours, not noticing their hyung's expression. 

 

Suddenly, Sungyeol shouted out, snapping Sunggyu out of his thoughts, "Gyu hyung! How do you expect us to eat a thoroughly frozen ice cream?" 

 

Sunggyu looked at the ice cream in Sungyeol's hand, and then looked back at the bag in his hand. 

 

 

 

They were both frozen in a thin sheet of ice. 

 

 

 

 

Author's note: So how was the first chapter? It's my first time writing so it may not be good, but I'll try my best to improve! Please comment what you think about it! I'm sorry that it's so short, but I'll update faster since each chapter is so short! I hope you will all enjoy the story as it progresses on! :)