Chapter 8

How to love.. a fool like me

 

“You still haven’t told him?” Your mom poured some warm tea and handed it to you. When you went inside the house she had wrapped you up in a blanket. After that she sat with you and you told her everything that happened, from the party from overhearing Ae-Cha’s phone conversation.

 

“Every time I try to something comes up or I get too scared.”

 

“What does your heart tell you?” She always told you that when you were indecisive. It worked most of the time but for this… it felt like your heart was telling you the wrong stuff.

 

“I want to tell SuHo, but I feel like because I betrayed him I don’t deserve to be with him.”

 

“It wasn’t your fault.” She told you but you looked at her with pleading eyes.

 

“No it is. I don’t have an excuse for my actions umma.”

 

“Then why did you stay with ChanYeol.”

 

“Because… I wanted to. I love him just as much as I do SuHo. But ChanYeol is married.”

 

“That didn’t stop you from sleeping with him. Maybe SuHo deserves better but he also deserves to know the truth.”

 

“What about ChanYeol?”

 

“I can’t give you all the answers Minnie. He’s for you to decide. The way I see it, some doors are left open for you to close but you can’t stand in the doorway forever.”

 

You leaned your head on her lap and sighed, “What about Ae-Cha? I don’t know how she did it but I think she has a part in all of this.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“She was on the phone with someone… I think she’s using ChanYeol so she can get to SuHo.”

 

“Have you talked to SuHo at all today?” You shook your head but suddenly she smacked you in it. “Pabo you’re just going to let her take him like that? Get out of here!”

 

“Muh?!”

 

“If she hasn’t taken him already it could be your chance to straighten things out. Call me too.”

 

Your own mother had pushed you out of her house but she had a point, even if you told SuHo and he didn’t forgive you; you weren’t going to let Ae-Cha just walk in on SuHo while he has no idea what’s going on.

 

So you ran…

_____________________________________________________________

 

The more you thought about Ae-Cha taking advantage of SuHo the faster you ran without thinking to be careful. You crossed the streets when you thought it was clear and when you did stop, it was to catch your breath. People watched you run and wondered if they should stop you before you got hurt… but no one could catch you.

 

You stopped at a crosswalk and waited for the sign to turn green. “Come on! I’m almost there.” You looked up at the window to your apartment and saw one of the lights turn off. You heart dropped.

 

“There weren’t many cars.” *I can go now right?* you jogged in place to anxious to stand still. *I…I think its safe…* your vision was blurred from the cold tears that lay under your eyes. You tried to wipe them away but more just fell so you gave up. You bent over and took a deep breath then you looked one way. *Safe enough* you ran across but then heard a car blow its horn followed by a loud shriek.

 

The car hit your legs enough to knock you to your feet. “Oh my god did you see that!”

 

“That poor girl!”

 

“Why didn’t she wait for the light?”

 

You saw people stop their cars and people started to crowd you. “I’m okay! I’m okay!” You raised your hand and tried to get up. “Oww…” You could barely stand. “I’m sor- MinAh!! What the hell!” you looked up at ChanYeol who got out the black car. “Leave me alone I have to get to SuHo… ah... ouch.” You limped forward. Pain shot up your leg and almost made you fall.  ChanYeol grabbed your arm before you leaned over and you shot a look at him. He immediately let go when he saw your red eyes. “I have to tell SuHo…” You limped to the building while everyone’s eyes stared at the miracle that was you.

You made it to your floor by taking the elevator. But when you arrived to your floor your heart sank. All of a sudden all of your feelings were caught in your throat and your body felt heavier. *What will I see?* You went to your door and noticed it was cracked open so you slowly crept inside. *Why is it so dark in here? Why was the door open?* you limped to the bedroom and looked through the crack in the door.