Chapter 9

How to love.. a fool like me

 

"You're the girl in the elevator weren't you?" She asked coldly. You stay still while she crossed her arms. "It's fine, you don't have to answer right away. I'm simply here to give you your options."

"options?"

"First you need to know the consequences. I know about your pregnancy. And the fact that it's ChanYeol's doesn't make the situation any better. So in order to save ChanYeol's reputation and possibly your life... seeing as it hasn't started... I'm willing to provide an abortion."

"Abortion?! You can't be serious."

"I'm willing to do anything to save my career. I mean mine and ChanYeol's. That includes my marriage with that sorry excuse of a man."

"Don't talk about him like that." You said under your breath.

"Huh? What was that?"

"ChanYeol is a good person, it's not his fault that he got stuck with a cruel selfish person like you!" The woman was taken back, no one dared to speak to you like that. "I would never consider abortion! I have to take this responsibility... this punishment for all the sins I've committed. I'll go to hell before I even think about giving up this life inside me."

"Please," she scoffed, "You're only a couple weeks. There's not enough to even call it a life. So don't waste my time with forced willpower." Your heart rate monitor started to beep uncontrollably. "Before the doctor comes again I'll just let you know, your other option is to disappear."

"Are you threatening my life?"

"You could take it that way..."

"I'll have you arrested!"

"You can try That's if you have proof. And if anyone can believe you. You have till new years eve to decide which path you want to take. Oh, I almost forgot. Tell anybody about this conversation and I'll make sure your baby doesn't have a father."

"...!"

The doctors rushed in and checked your condition behind them ChanYeol and the rest. You looked at the woman and she secretly pointed to a camera on the ceiling. *So. This is what it comes to... I have to find a way...* "Miss Oh you really need to calm down, your blood pressure is rising." The nurse gently pushed me down and fixed my pillows. "Everyone needs to leave. She really needs time to heal!"

"Wait... ChanYeol." He quickly came to your side. "Can I talk to you alone?"

"Yeah, sure..."

Everyone hesitantly left the room so you could talk to ChanYeol. SuHo was a little nervous but he knew if you hadn't trusted ChanYeol you wouldn't allow him to be in the same room with you... alone. Even still the look of fear and despair in your eyes shook SuHo so he waited patiently outside in case you needed him.

"ChanYeol... " You began. This wasn't easy for you but you had to find a way to save his life and the new life starting inside of you. 

"They said you'll be able to get out of here on new years." ChanYeol said cheerfully. "And tomorrow is Christmas."

"I'm sorry you had to spend Christmas eve at a hospital. If I had been a little bit more careful." 

"I would have come to see you Christmas eve anyway."

"Really?"

"Yeah, I cant let SuHo hog you all Christmas. Besides , my dads guys will probably come for me soon."

"0h... ChanYeol..."

"I was thinking I should buy a house near here. You know this town ain't so bad."

"ChanYeol stop avoiding what I'm trying to tell you."

"Is it about your legs?"

"No."

"Oh... the doctor said l shattered one of your knee caps and fractured your bones in both legs."

"I'll be fine ChanYeol but what I'm trying to tell you is move important."

"What is it MinAh?" For a second you wondered if you really wanted to tell ChanYeol, well what you should say first. *Should I tell him his life is in danger? Should I tell him about the baby first? Either way I can't keep something like this to myself. ChanYeol ...please believe what I tell you.*

"ChanYeol... do you believe in me?"

"Of course I do."

"Then..." You took a deep breath. "Take me away from here. Now."

"But the doctors."

"Its not safe to stay here. If we can get as far as possible..."

"What's this all about MinAh?"

"I can't tell you here. Just please trust me. I need you now, and more than anything we need to stay together." ChanYeol kissed your hand and kneeled by your bedside. "Alright..."

"How well can you protect yourself?"

"Don't worry. I'm not big and tall for no reason." *Still cocky as ever..* "I'll get a helicopter ready."

"Tell SuHo and Ae-cha to come in too please?"

ChanYeol nodded then stared at you for a moment. It stung to know he was the center to all that caused you so much pain and now looking at you like this... he felt he needed to make up a great deal of time. So he left the room and seconds later SuHo and Ae-cha slid in. "Hey..." was all you replied. They stood in front of you nervously and you sat up a little. "I need a tiny favor."

"So you are okay? Everything's good?" Ae-cha said quietly.

"You think after all you put me through I'm just going to layback and say everything is ok?! No! Everything is not 'ok'!"

She put her head down and you tried to compose yourself. "I'm not sure how I can trust you. . . I don't think I ever will again. But l need your help. So I need you to create a way where l can get out of this hospital. Don't ask why just... just know it I don't leave a life will be 
taken."

"Okay... I'll see what I can do." Ae-cha left the room in a hurry to escape your site. Then you looked at SuHo.

"I know it's kinda late for this but. SuHo I cheated on you.. with ChanYeol."

"I know."

"I wanted to tell you that earlier but I was afraid. I didn't want to hurt you." He stood silently so you kept going, "You deserve a lot better than me so if you want to go with Ae-Cha.."

"I'm not going anywhere! I want to stay with you."

"Even after what I did? I can't even come to forgive myself."

"I thought about that. And I realized no matter how much you blame yourself it's not your fault." He walked over to you and sat on the side of the bed. "Bad things have happened for a while but I'm not saying it's easily forgiven... I can't be forgiven neither." He took a deep breath and looked into your eyes.   "MinAh I cheated too."

"What?"

"A couple days after the party I got pictures in the mail. They were you and ChanYeol. I was so heartbroken I couldn't take it. So when Ae-cha came in she comforted me. One thing led to another and then... l ended up sleeping with her. I thought of it as revenge but the days went and you kept seeing ChanYeol. I wandered if you'd tell me the truth, and to be honest I caught the little moments when you tried. I could tell how much it stressed you out, no wonder you kept seeing him like that. He made you feel calm. Just like what Ae-cha was doing to me."

"Why me you telling me all this now?"

"I don't know... I just thought it was the best time. Also I wanted to tell you that even though we both cheated I think we should-"

"forgive each other? Even if we did.. we can't be together anymore."

"Why?"

"Because... I'm pregnant with his child."