Chapter 7

How to love.. a fool like me

 

*It’s been almost three weeks and I’ve still been seeing ChanYeol secretly. I don’t know how long I can continue this game. SuHo’s gonna find out soon.*

________________________________________________________________________

 

 

You hadn’t really thought about your consequences. But seeing ChanYeol gave you feelings that SuHo couldn’t. How would you know that? You haven’t had with SuHo, so you thought if you had tried with him maybe you’d feel the same way. *No… he’ll find out that I’m not a … maybe I can fake It.* you were walking down the street thinking to yourself. People have been calling you all morning; no doubt most of the calls were from ChanYeol, so you turned off your phone and left the apartment to take a walk. The cold air relaxed you and watching people mingle and flutter around for the holidays comforted you. *How long have I been walking?* you stopped at a street you didn’t recognize. “Aigoo… which way is home?” You turned around and looked at signs. “Hmm… wait a second… this looks like.” You walked up the block and saw the tall hotel ChanYeol took you to. You thought maybe you could talk to him, without it leading to something else.

 

You walked into the hotel without anyone questioning you, so you quickly hopped into the elevator. “Hold that elevator!” You heard a woman’s voice. You pressed the button so it wouldn’t close and she strode in. She was a mean looking woman, but she was also kind of pretty. She had on a business suit and held a small silver briefcase. Her lips were stained red with expensive lipstick and her heels gave her a height advantage. “Level 32 please.” She huffed. You quickly pressed the button but realized that was the same floor you were traveling to.

 

The elevator door opened and the lady stormed out mumbling to herself. You started to walk forward but she slowed down and looked at the room doors. When she found the one she was looking for she banged on the door and door flew open.

 

“What the hell? What are you doing here?”

 

“I heard a rumor you hooked up with some girl here. Is that true??”

 

“It’s my personal business. Why do you care?”

 

“We are married! You can’t just DO whatever you want!” You back into the elevator door and tried to stay out of sight.

 

“That’s not what you told me. So now you have some feelings because I’m actually with the person I want to be with?”

 

“You silly child. Let me in ChanYeol, we are not talking about this out here.”

 

“Why not? I’m not letting you in here so you can scream at me.”

 

“Is she in there now?!”

 

“Huh?”

 

She shoved him to get inside the suite and he stumbled into the hallway. He was fully dressed, all fancy like too. He was wearing a fashionable grey sweater and black skinny jeans. His hair was even fixed neatly. “Look all you want no ones in… there…” ChanYeol had turned and saw you standing there wide eyed. “MinAh?” You pressed the button on the elevator and it slowly opened. “Wait!” You murdered the close button but ChanYeol had already jumped into the elevator with you. The woman ran out of ChanYeol’s suite but didn’t get to see your face as the door closed.

 

“MinAh…”

 

“I don’t even know what I’m doing here.”

 

“Are you okay?”

 

“I’m fine… just hit with reality.” ChanYeol turned to you and you avoided looking in his eyes and the elevator slowly traveled down.

 

“Why did you come to see me?”

 

“I just happened to be in the neighborhood. I wanted to ask you something.”

 

“What was the question?”

 

“It doesn’t matter anymore.” You told him and crossed your arms. ChanYeol stood in front of you and softly grabbed your shoulders. You looked up in his eyes and was almost taken back. His eyes were gentle… almost like was going to cry. “I’m not losing you am I?”

 

“You never had me.” You answered.

 

The door finally opened.  “Wait…” Before you could get out the elevator he grabbed your hand. “Don’t go yet. I want to talk to you.”

 

“We just talked.” You pulled your hand away and quickly walked to the front door of the hotel. *Holy crap that was intense… I really need get my life together.*

 

You hurried down the street and back the way you came. Ae-cha’s place was close by so you thought to stop by to see if she was home. Fortunately she was just walking out of her house. *I think I’ll surprise her.* You hid behind her gate and waited for her to come out but she stopped when her phone rang. “Hello? … Oh hey SuHo! How’s it going? … No I haven’t seen MinAh… Hmm she’s probably with ChanYeol…”

 

*Wait what? Is she selling me out?*

 

“I can come over and cook you something if you’re hungry. Knowing MinAh she’ll stay out all day with that guy… I’m not taking no for an answer. I’ll be over in a bit!” She hung up her phone and started calling someone else. You stepped back some and hid behind some bushes. *I can’t believe this, why would she tell SuHo I was with ChanYeol?* “Hey it’s me… no no listen I’m going over SuHo’s place, I need you to hold on to MinAh for a few hours… what do you mean she just left?... Pretty please go get her. You just need to distract her for a while. You know like last time... yeah… text me when you do.” He hung up her phone and pulled out the keys to her car which was on the other side of the street. You quickly ran the other way avoiding Ae-Cha’s sight.

 

*Who was she talking to just then? Is she trying to get with SuHo?*

 

“I’ve been played the whole time.” You mumbled to yourself. You held your jacket and walked the opposite direction from your house and ChanYeol’s Hotel. You didn’t even care your path led you; you just walked… and walked.

 

It was getting dark now and Christmas lights where hanging from houses and stores... *me and SuHo were supposed to decorate the apartment today.* you rubbed your arms and looked around. You were close to your old high school and your mom’s house. *Eomma? Yeah I think I’ll just spend the night there…*

 

___________________________________________

 

You stood at the porch of your old home; it almost brought tears to your eyes. You hadn’t gone to visit her in a long time so you were ashamed to even be there. *Maybe she’s not home. She could have gone to grandma’s.* you almost turned around but then you remembered your phone. You had turned it back on when you left ChanYeol but it was silenced. 12 missed calls and two messages. The calls were from SuHo, Ae-Cha, and ChanYeol. The two messages where from SuHo and ChanYeol which said, “Where are you?”

 

You sighed and turned off your phone again. You didn’t have the strength to continue like this. *I can’t keep lying to him… and whatever Ae-Cha’s planning…*

 

“MinAh?” You looked up and saw your mom standing in the doorway.

 

“Umma!” You hugged her and breathed in deeply.

 

“Minnie what’s wrong? Are you okay?”

 

“I’m just… stuck.” You admitted. She patted your back and brought you inside. Once inside you felt everything that was bothering you disappeared.

 

 

_____________________________________________________________

Authors note:

I've taken apart this chapter and made it into two... cause it was too long lol so if you've read this chapter and look at the next one you'll notice it's the same as the last.