Chapter 3

How to love.. a fool like me

P2teFFOEOExwW4T8mLYEGPO54VabUF10rZM-qhyh

 

After you got to Ae-Cha’s house she dolled you up nicely and even had dress out and ready for you. You didn’t speak the whole time, maybe because you were still paralyzed with the picture of SuHo only wrapped in a towel, or maybe you didn’t want to resist and ruin Ae-Cha’s unusually happy mood.

 

You and Ae-Cha arrived at the tall fancy hotel building and took an elevator up to the party room. While inside you patted down your red dress and looked at the small black heels. It wasn’t much of a party dress but it did fit you well. “Don’t worry MinAh you look amazing!”

 

“I wish SuHo could see this.”

 

“He’ll see when you get home.”

 

“I guess I'll just bring the dress back tomorrow.”

 

“Keep it. I bought that dress for you anyway.”

 

“Ae-Cha…” The elevator door opened and she linked arms with you.

 

“Don’t mention it.”

_________________________________________________________________

 

You could hear music pouring out of the room as you and Ae-Cha walked down the hall. “I heard ‘He’ was here…” A couple of girls gossiped outside the door.

 

“Is he with his wife?”

 

“No way! He wouldn’t be at a match-making party like this!”

 

“Match Making!! Ae-Cha!” You stopped and jerked her back.

 

“Too late to back out now! We are in this together!”

 

“I have a boyfriend!”

 

“You don’t have to talk to anyone.” She smacked your shoulder lightly and dragged you in. “Just tell the guy you have a boyfriend. He’ll understand... I hope.”

 

“How did you get me into this?”

 

“I’m your bestest best friend right? You were supposed to be single like me so we could enjoy things like this.”

 

“It’s SuHo’s fault for being so perfect.”

 

“Hmm funny I thought ChanYeol was perfect too.” Your face lit up.

 

“Were you in my head all through high school?”

 

“You give off something only I can read…”

 

You and Ae-Cha entered the room and you were greeted by the gracious host. “Welcome to the masquerade party! Do you have your tickets?”

 

“Yeah sure.” Ae-Cha dug in her red purse and pulled out the tickets so you stood there and looked around.

 

“Ah this party is great! Maybe you should talk to some people.” Ae-cha grinned. It looked like she spotted a potential victim. He was a tall black haired guy with a small smile and broad shoulders. He was talking with someone with a full faced mask but he looked really bored based on his stance. He leaned against the wall as a few girls surrounded them. They looked like Ae-Cha, anxious to know the face behind the mask. *What if some of these people aren’t as attractive as they expected? That would be disappointing.*

 

“Excuse me darling, I think I’m going to have a word with mister popularity over there.”

 

“Don’t leave me~” You cried but despite your powerful pout she scurried over and immediately caught the attention of the gentlemen.

 

“Great… now I’m bait.” You noticed a few guys looking at you on your way into the party. *Lustful pigs* you thought but you suddenly remembered almost- SuHo.

 

“...! Jesus that was close…” You almost dropped your cup at the thought of him so you put it down on the table and walked over to the door, waiting patiently for Ae-Cha to be finished hunting.

 

-almost an hour later-

 

You tried to wait patiently for Ae-Cha so instead of standing by the door you made two trips to the bathroom. You walked around from the food table and back around to the door. You sat and watched people dance and talk to everyone else. Surprisingly no one came over to you. *Do I look boring? Whatever I don’t even wanna be here.* You looked over to Ae-Cha and she was whispering to the guy with the full faced mask. You looked at his eyes which had glanced over to you. *Oh no Ae-Cha don’t send that guy over here…*

 

“We will all be taking off our party masks when the music stops so make sure you are around someone you haven’t talked to yet!” A guy announced. You managed to scurry out of sight but not for long; someone had bumped into you. “Oh um excuse me…” the deep voice said shyly.

 

“It... fine…” You looked closely at the guy. He was the one Ae-Cha was whispering to. Ae-Cha peeked over a group of people and looked at you and the guy. For a second she was worried. *What if I break up her and SuHo up? I’d be a really bad friend if i did… THIS IS SO TASTY.* Ae-Cha squirmed excitedly in the arm of the guy and he wondered if he should have talked to a different girl.

 

The music slowly came to a stop and you were still standing awkwardly next to the man. “Let’s take off our masks together.” He said cheerfully. You nodded and waited for the mark.

 

“This is so exciting! I hope the person you are with today becomes very special to you in the future! Now everyone turn to the person next to you and take off your masks!”

 

You turn to the guy and you blushed as you took off your half face mask. You were afraid to look at while he did his so you looked at the ground. “M-MinAh?”

 

“ChanYeol!!” Everyone turned to look at the scene, but the two of you didn’t notice. You were too busy glaring at the dark prince that stood in front of you. “Park ChanYeol? What are you doing here? Aren’t you married.” The host came up to him and you crossed your arms and looked away. All eyes were on you and ChanYeol. *This isn’t supposed to happen to me.* You thought, but it was.

 

“I came here in support of a good friend. Nothing else.”

 

The host grinned and nodded but then looked at you. “At least treat this beautiful young lady with dinner why don’t you? You spoiled her night.”

 

“I don’t think MinAh would agree to that.” You looked up at ChanYeol when he said that. Surprise and confusion no longer crossed his face. This look was kind of scary and depressing at the same time. You guess you both planned to avoid each other when he visited. “Take her out! Take her out! Take her out!” You heard someone chant in the back. Little did you know it was Ae-Cha pushing you and ChanYeol on. Soon everyone was chanting along with her and ChanYeol sighed with defeat. “Let’s get this over with.” He growled. The host grinned and pushed you two out of the party. “Go on now! Go have fun! But not too much fun because you know… he’s married! Hahaha.” He nudged and winked at you and your mouth gaped as you tried to make words come out. The host left and now you and ChanYeol were standing in the hallway… alone.