Chapter 4

How to love.. a fool like me


                                         http://data3.whicdn.com/images/75414662/original.jpg

You and ChanYeol stood awkwardly in the elevator and waited patiently as it traveled slowly downstairs. You notice him clench his fist a few times before he turned and looked at you. You looked away when you caught glance at his shiny wedding ring. Your heart thumped hard against your chest and you knew your face lit up like a freaking Christmas tree. “MinAh…”

 

You tried to steady your breathing. “Hmm?”

 

“How are you?” He looked away and looked down, it wasn’t what he wanted to say and you knew it.

 

“I’m doing okay.”

 

“That’s good…” You saw him press his lips together like he always does. *Maybe I should say something.* suddenly he pressed a button and the elevator stopped. *Here it comes*

 

“I missed you” He blurted. Your eyes widened.

 

“I-I…”

 

“You don’t have to go to dinner with me if you don’t want to...”

 

“So why didn’t you stop the host from insisting?”

 

“I needed to know something.”

 

“...?” You shrugged and crossed your arms, the front you put on was weak but what else could you do with the feels that was cramped inside like the elevator you were in.

 

“I just… you... I got married already but…” ChanYeol struggled with his words and his ears burned red like your face. So you smirked and relaxed your posture, showing him the friendly side of you he knew.

 

“… I haven’t forgotten you… Do you still think of me?”

 

“Yah… you can’t come back a year later and ask me that...” you murmured quietly.

 

“I guess you’re right.” He scratched the back of his neck and looked away from you... You felt bad so you coughed awkwardly as if it would help.

 

“I thought about you sometimes…” You admitted poorly.

 

“Yeah? That’s kind of relieving.”

 

“How is your wife?” You changed the subject quickly and he walked to the other end of the elevator.

 

“To be honest… I don’t know.”

 

“What?”

 

“Let’s get something to eat. I’ll tell you about it then”

 

“Sure I have nothing else to do.”

 

You and ChanYeol left the hotel and pulled your hoods over your heads. It was unusually cold out tonight. *Will it snow? It’s only November.* ChanYeol looked like he had the same thoughts. He looked up at the sky and rubbed his hands together. Walking with him wasn’t as awkward as you thought. In fact you saw ChanYeol hide his smile when he looked at you.

 

“Are you still with SuHo?”

 

“Yeah.” You answered without looking at him.

 

“Wow it’s been a year already. I hope he is serious.”

 

“We are. But what about you? How come you don’t know how your wife is doing?”

 

“We’ve met only three times. Once at the arrangement of my marriage, at the wedding, and once 3 months ago at a business meeting.”

 

“What?”

 

“She’s older than me by 3 years and she’s the heir to her father’s company so she’s really busy. Unlike me who just does presentations and manages a group of my father’s workers.”

 

“Did you even spend your honeymoon together?”

 

“I requested that we didn’t.” He said quietly. Then he looked at you, “Let’s keep that a secret… If anyone asks.” You nodded and smiled.

 

“So who was that guy you were with?”

 

“On that’s one of my best friends. His name is Kris.”

 

“I think Ae-Cha is really fond of him now.”

 

“I thought that was her. I was surprised to see you dressed up. That’s why I didn’t recognize you.”

 

“Yeah besides it’s been a year. I didn’t have a picture of you.”

 

You blushed at the thought. You and ChanYeol were good friends for a while then you just stopped talking. But the last meeting you two had wasn’t really a good one, you separated after he confessed and you rejected him.

 

“Let’s eat here.” ChanYeol nudged your arm and politely opened the door to the small noodle restaurant. “I haven’t eaten here in ages!” He clapped happily. You took off your jacket and laughed at his warm mood. Seeing ChanYeol smile made you feel funny but it was good to see him again. Well like this, not heartbroken and crying.

 

 

“She’s bossy from what I know. She pointed out a lot of my flaws the first day. ‘At least he’s cute. I guess there is room for improvement.’ She said.”

 

“That .”

 

“You’ve been asking me all the questions; now let me ask you some.”

 

“Okay…” you stretched out the words nervously and grabbed the noodles in your chopsticks.

 

“Did you get the package I sent you?”

 

“…!” You coughed up your noodles and glared at him. “I almost forgot about that!” ChanYeol handed you a napkin and covered his smile.

 

“I got it, and I swore to punch you in the face when I saw you.”

 

“Muh!?”

 

“Not really. But I wanted to!”

 

“I’m sorry. I wanted to give it to you right away but then I accidently read some of it. You have an interesting background.”

 

“Whatever. I’m just glad you didn’t show anybody or tell everyone what was in it.”

 

“Why would I do that?”

 

“Because you were a jerk!”

 

“Oh… Yeah I guess I was kind of an .” He smiled and blushed scratching his head. You looked at this new ChanYeol. There was a lot of the old one there but this one was mature. “I’m not as bad anymore. I have responsibilities.”

 

“Nice to know. Can’t say I’ve changed much.”

 

“You’re wrong about that.” Suddenly he was serious, it moved you. His stare was stabbing you in your chest. It was almost as if he was lusting for you but you could feel the love he still had a year ago. “MinAh you are so beautiful. I almost couldn’t recognize you. And sitting here with you now… I feel like I need to touch you to make sure you’re really there.”

 

Your eyes wandered to your hands and ChanYeol got out of his seat to sit next to you. “I took too long to confess to you before and I regret that. Now we are both in a position that we cannot escape from.”

 

“ChanYeol I still love SuHo.”

 

“Do you still love me?”

 

“ChanYeol…”

 

“If you tell me not to bother you I will leave and never come back. It will be easier for you to forget me.”

 

“I can never forget you ChanYeol.”

 

“I told you the same thing… So… tell me you still love me too.”

 

The words got stuck in your chest and you found it hard to breath. *Why are so near? Do I still love you? My hesitation must mean I do… but…*

 

“Coming up with an excuse?” ChanYeol looked at his bowl that was across the table. He wandered if his pushing was too much but he really wanted to know.

 

“ChanYeol I don’t know if I still love you. A part of me says yes but another says it’s wrong. I can’t pretend that I do even if I wanted to. If I could change the way I feel about you it wouldn’t be love. It would only make things more complicated.”

 

“You’re right… so… you’re truly happy with SuHo?”

 

“I…” You thought about SuHo for a second. He was always there for you. He always comforted you when you felt troubled. You were very cozy living with him in your shared loft at the apartments but were you happy really? For the past couple of months it was the same thing over and over. The both of you were studying in college and SuHo worked most of the time. You were on break for the winter and if it snowed, another week or two would be added.

 

“I guess I am.” You regretted those words. *I guess? You are so stupid MinAh.*you left a light of hope for ChanYeol. But what could he do? He was married and at his position an affair would ruin his whole life.

 

“What if I can change your mind?” He said.

 

“What?”

 

“I don’t care about my marriage, and your commitment to SuHo doesn’t look like it’s going to hold on that long.”

 

“What about your dad’s company?”

 

“I’d give it up for you.”

 

“I can’t let you do this. Let me out.” You tried to push him out of the booth you shared but he didn’t budge. Nor did his face. *Is he just going to force me?* you didn’t know how to feel about this. “I’m a fool.” He admitted. “But you are the only one I want.”

 

“You said the same thing about Hana.”

 

“Hana didn’t love me. But you do.”

 

“It’s not the same as before!” Suddenly he grabbed the back of your neck and pulled you into his face. ChanYeol held your shaking hand and forced his tongue into your mouth. “Cha-”

 

“Shut up.” Before you could catch your breath he kissed you again but without thinking you were kissing him back. His hand went from yours to your legs and then between them. “Ngh! No…” you resisted. You didn’t want him to feel what your body conjured up from his rough kiss.

 

“Not here?” He whispered. “I’ll touch you where ever you want me to.” 

 

This sudden burst of lust was unexpected, and you couldn’t stop yourself from getting hot. You had the urge to flee. *Why can’t I run away? ChanYeol has me pinned in this seat but... do I want him this way?* He looked around cautiously. You two were pretty secluded so he could pretty much do whatever he wanted, but he wasn’t like that. “Has he had you yet?” ChanYeol asked quietly. He wasn’t sure if he wanted to know… but you lived with SuHo, everything but nothing could have happened.

 

“What?” You blushed at his question. You and SuHo did things… but never all the way… you wanted to. “N-no…”

 

ChanYeol smirked and looked at your legs that you tried to cover. “ChanYeol this isn’t like you.”

 

“We are older now… why wouldn’t we do things like this?”

 

“You’re m-”

 

“Shhh! don’t say it.” He covered your mouth and poked your side. You tried not to laugh and he nuzzled into your neck. “Let’s pretend that I’m not married… let’s pretend… I’m your boyfriend for tonight.”

 

 

 

__________________________________________________________________________

 

DUN DUN DUUUUN~

So what do you think? hehe ^3^ im so excited!

It might be a little while before you get the next chapter so instead of making you wait i'll work really hard to make more than one chapter and post more often.

 

I'm still without a computer so bare with me v~v

 

I'll post an image later...

Please like subscribe and comment and I'll love you forever <3

Anything I could improve on inbox me (Im human, I make mistakes... a lot of mistakes) 

anyways thanks for reading chapter four and keep a look out for more!

 

Annyeong ♥

 

Author-nim