[쇼콜라] Broken Hearts & Careless Smiles (JulGuk/BangJul)

Vision of the Soul [Collection]

I wrote this during my rp time also. I have many of these, mostly unfinished. I miss all those goobers in K&A and I always think of them. They were the family I didn't know I needed.
But yes, these pairing/interactions are weird. I took this from an actual conversation in that rp.
07.08.13

 

 

 

 

Juliane smiled down at the photobook she had received from a friend; it was small, black and had small, tan designs on the cover, all twirling and lining up in a beautiful design. The front photo – the one she and her fellow group members took on Christmas – was still there, worn and their smiles shining bright.

She ran her thumb over the rough surface and opened the book gently. This book held so many memories; so many things she kept locked inside; the thoughts, the emotions, the questions she wanted to ask.

 


 

Him? But people have... have said things, you know. And Soa unnie, I just... It’s just...” Juliane ran her hand through her long hair, puffing up her cheeks from frustration. “Jiyeon said someone in her group dated him! Dated! Jiyeon is technically my twin and her friends are like my family... She has-“

“You like him, don’t you?” Soa, her leader in the group, and the only one she could really turn to for these things, put her hands on the girl’s shoulders. She stared Juliane in the eyes and waited for the girl to relax. It was hard.

“I like... his... voice.”

“That’s a start. But I sense more than ‘fangirl feels’ or ‘attractiveness’ for this guy.”

“But what about-“

“Say his name and I’ll tell Manager-nim that you need punishment for destroying property, lying to an unnie, and threatening the maknaes!”

“But I-“

Soa grinned evilly and walked away. Juliane sighed inwardly and decided to head to her bedroom. She’d rethink the past week.

 

“Hey,” a familiar, deep voice said as he sat beside her in a waiting room on K-Pop Con. Juliane looked up from her phone and bowed in her seat.

“Hey,” she replied calmly, “What’s up?” She gave a small smile, trying to be as friendly as possible. At this point in time, she didn’t know Bang Yongguk or his past or his group all that well. Her groups members adored the B.A.P alien boys, but Juliane only knew bits about them and their songs, Warrior and Power.

“The sky,” he said after a pause. A big grin appeared on his face as she chuckled. “Get it? Right?” She nodded at the corniness of that choke. She didn’t like the joke, to be honest, but she did like the fact he was trying to lessen the tense, stressful atmosphere that lingered over them in the waiting room.

“I get it,” she told him. “What are you doing then?”

“Nothing much,” he told her as he leaned back against the tiny, leather couch and stretched his arms. “Just been listening to Jay’s music. You?” He looked over at Juliane, taking the chance to observe the girl. He hadn’t met Chocolat but once; it was brief and no one really remembered it. He had watched their debut music video and chuckled at the girlyness they displayed.

“Awesome,” she rubbed a spot over her eye and locked her phone. “I’m still just listening to whatever music comes on.” She tapped her nail on her phone. He noticed one earbud was in the opposite ear to him. What was she listening to?

“Oh really? What music is playing now?”

“SNSD’s Trick,” she said, holding up an earbud for him to listen,but he coolly declined, shaking his head. Juliane paid no mind to it. Why would some boy rapper listen to such a girly SNSD song anyways?

“You’re interested in sweet and cute music, I assume?” He had changed his tone from formal to informal. Juliane didn’t really mind. She preferred speaking in a friendlier manner anyways.

“I listen to anything really,” she explained; a new song came on. It was Younha’s voice, she recognized, but she didn’t know the song’s name. It was pretty though. “My interests vary and are of a wide range.” He nodded simply, taking the info in and mentally noting it. Juliane was curious. Interesting, really.

 

Days passed since then and the boys were obviously more busy than the girls. Juliane mentioned Bang Yongguk to her three fellow members. Melanie and Tia awed at the situation.

Bang Yongguk from B.A.P? The leader? Wah! Unnie, what was he like?” Melanie asked, anxious to know. Even though the girls were technically k-idols themselves (despite being rookies), they fangirled like girls all over the world.

Nice?” Juliane replied, chuckling a bit. “We discussed music. He likes my music style apparently.” She recalled other bits of hers and his conversation. He mentioned that – liking her style – but she pushed the thought away... until then.

Can we ship you two? I mean...you take Bang Yongguk, I take Daehyun and Melanie takes Zelo,” Tia said. “Soa unnie can-“

No, thank you,” Soa cut in, shaking her head.

Fine. Just us three.” Tia said, nodding. She looked back at Juliane and Juliane sighed, looking at her phone. Her members were crazy.

 

The girls had some spare time and eventually Juliane and Yongguk crossed paths again. It was at a small coffee shop on the edge of Seoul, where few residents came out and foreigners ruled the area. Juliane loved it. Yongguk loved Western things, so he loved it too. Why he felt the need to go there that day, he didn’t know. But he soon found out.

 

“The new white chocolate caramel toffee for you, Miss,” a young lady said as she sat the cup of coffee on the counter and handed Juliane her change. Juliane bowed slightly and took her coffee to an empty seat by a bookcase. She examined the books for a bit and grinned, recognizing some English ones.

“Hey.”

Juliane looked up, a bit startled from the deep voice, but instantly grinned and offered the man a seat. He took it and watched her momentarily. “Busy week?”

“Yeah, schedules, interviews, the like. How are you?”

“I’m fine,” she said casually, shutting the book and placing it down on the table between them. The time seemed to freeze as the two sat there. Nothing seemed to move and breathing seemed to stop. She didn’t know why, but time didn’t seem to matter and Yongguk became the focus in her eyes. He didn’t know why, but the heat in his cheeks wasn’t from the heater lying on the opposite side of the shop; it was from something inside. “How are you?”

Though it was a second or third encounter between the two, after they’d leave each other’s presence, they’d smile until the next day, wonder about the other, and so on. It was cute. Almost a small sense of puppy love lied there, beneath the surface that was so hidden by rubble, only the people who created the mess could clean it away to see.

“Glad to hear you’re doing good,” he told her, smiling his trademark gummy smile. She noticed it and her grin widened as she took her book and read the back cover – she never got passed the first word. “I’m doing fine. Thanks.”

“Yeah, no problem, Yongguk-sshi,” she responded in a casual tone. She glanced up from her book to see him staring at her. She chuckled and took some of the confidence buried within and let it shine as she put the book down and sat up straight. “What have you been up to besides work?”

“You... look cute when you chuckle,” he said breathily, smiling still. It took Juliane off guard and she had to blink and smile back and utter a “thank you” quickly. “U-Uh, yeah. What I meant was uhm,” he looked around, fiddling with the gray scarf around his neck. “Nevermind.” He reached up and messed his own, blonde hair up before he looked back at Juliane for a moment. “Just... nothing, really. You?”

“Seeing my girls, drinking new coffee, seeing you again... and talking to Hyeri.”

“You talk to that ahjumma?” His eyes widened and he leaned forward; though his voice had gotten louder, he was determined to whisper now. Juliane just sat there, blinking at him, curious.

“Don’t call her ‘ahjumma’,” Juliane said after a minute of his staring. She wanted to laugh, thinking of the younger girl as an ahjumma. She shook her head at the thought. That girl did act older than she was, but she wouldn’t call her ‘ahjumma’.

“Why can’t I?” Juliane just struggling, grinning and her eyes forming an eye smile. He sighed and looked down at his hands. Curious, she sat up straight, leaning forward a bit. She noticed his cheeks were a faint pink; this made Juliane's heart flutter.

“Are you... blushing?” she asked loudly, eyes wide and surprised. ‘Bang Yongguk is blushing? This is insane! This is unreal! Is this... a TV show? A dream? An alternate world?’ She pinched herself and only felt a tinge of pain. It’s real alright.

“N-No I’m not,” he reassured her, looking away again. "I've been a bit under the weather."

She laughed heartily, not believing his words or this scenario. “I’m kinda surprised to see you blush. Why are you blushing?” Without hesitation, she poked his forehead, waiting on the answer to the oh-so-curious question she had. During this time, the two had went from formal to informal once again without thinking. It just came natural, it seemed. And they didn’t mind.

“I... don’t know,” he replied. “Why are you poking me?”He looked at her once more and put his intense eyes on hers. She stared back.

“Because I can.”

 

“Sorry,” he spoke up as they walked down the slippery and chilly streets on the outer edge of Seoul, South Korea. The air was chilly, but not so much that you’d die from hypothermia.. although you’d think so with the way Tia and Melanie over-exaggerate it when they go outside. But it was chilly enough to huddle close and absorb one’s body heat; they did. “About calling Hyeri ‘ahjumma’.” Yongguk bowed his head, making sure his beanie and scarf stayed in place and that their huddling position wasn’t altered.

“No need to apologize,” she replied, shivering from the sudden wind. She loved winter, but she also hated it. The snow and the drinks and the love that was spread during this season just went into a death pit as soon as the chilling, horrible weather set in and nearly froze you like a popsicle. “It’s fine. No worries.”

“That’s a relief,” he said, sighing afterwards. He didn’t know why exactly, but he didn’t want to upset this Juliane girl. She seemed too nice and he really enjoyed her company. And it would be a lie to say he wasn’t attracted to her; he was. Any guy would be. But her personality attracted him more.

And what did Juliane think of all of this? She wasn’t sure. This guy – this handsome, rapper of B.A.P; now becoming more and more popular as the hours passed – what was he up to? She wanted to ask, but didn’t. She wanted to know, but also thought it was best to just let her mind get off of the topic. But she’d be lying to herself if she said she didn’t want to see him again after this. Because she did.

 

 

“He’s cute and he’s nice... but... the things,” Juliane tried again, but this time it was with another friend of hers; her best friend since she moved back to Korea. Let’s call her B. For Bestie.

B hugged Juliane tight and wiggled them around on the couch, the two of them laughing and Juliane’s mind thousands of miles away on the dimly lit, idiotically thought out Planet Matoki.

“Kyu doesn’t matter anymore. What’s done... is done! He hurt you, you made a mistake. U-Kwon set you on the right track. You need to see the new opportunities in your life and let them soar! Imagine the possibilities, Jules!” Juliane only half listened, hearing this speech a billion and one times before; her mother, her group mates, her other friends, her younger friends; the President of the USA. Well... maybe not him, but it seemed like it!

Juliane had been in love so hard with this one guy: Kyu. She fell head over heels and he rocked her world, but there were issues. He cheated – twice; as if once wasn’t enough – and then she kissed her best friend after they repatched themselves. So, to say, the two weren’t a match made in Heaven or the dream couple. They worked though. They were compatible and cute and loved being around each other.

Juliane wasn’t prude, so to say, and she began thinking that the reason Kyu cheated on her was because she wasn’t giving out. Truthfully, she was nervous beyond anyone’s belief. She loved her body, was confident in herself, but she didn’t feel... it with him! She loved him, yes. But giving herself to him... it was a no. So she rejected any advance from him, rejected his two proposals (yes, to get married!) and... they sunk eventually. It sent Kyu into depression and Juliane into a drowning sense of guilt and regret. She wanted him back. But she knew more than well that she didn’t need him.

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

“Juliane!” Yongguk chided, smiling wide at the familiar girl and catching up to her in the hall. They were recording their performances and Yongguk just so happened to spot Juliane; like fate. But he didn’t believe in fate.

“Hey,” she replied, grinning back. He adored her grin. But he hated how now he seemed so cheesy and felt so... gooey around her. He didn’t even know her that well! Aside from online accounts and asking around. “How are you?” he asked a bit too happily, the smile not faltering, nor fading from his face.

“Fine as always,” she told him, chuckling quietly. She didn’t know what to think of him at the moment. They stopped off stage and watched a group perform. Melanie watched Juliane and Yongguk secretly and Yongguk watched Juliane secretly. Melanie wished she had her phone, this was a picture worth taking! “How are you, Yongguk?” she asked finally.

“Glad to hear you’re fine. I’m fine... and a bit bored. Though we’re here..” He looked around, eyeing his group mates and Juliane’s. Chocolat. Four members, four bi-racial girls. How old was their maknae? Who was their maknae?

“I’m glad you’re fine as well,” she responded. “But the whole boredom thing... it must since you’re here. Huh?”

He nodded, a bit dramatically since now he looked sad and upset with the fact he was bored. She pouted slightly and patted his shoulder gently. Another group went out on to perform.

“Why are you so cute when you smile?” he whispered to her as she lowered her hand. She swallowed and gave a nervous smile. He thought she was cute a lot. Melanie had heard his compliment and snickered. This was easy prey and blackmail. But... Yongguk, really? Yongguk and Juliane?

“I... am?” she questioned. “I wish I could help with your boredom situation... but I’m not entertaining at all. I’m weird for the most part.” She shrugged and glanced back at the group on stage. Tia was dancing in front of her and Soa looked tired. And Melanie... Melanie turned away from her.

“You are,” he agreed, smiling once again. “Can I pinch your cheeks?” He reached his hands towards her cheeks. “And you’re not that weird.”