WTF Did I Write #1 "Breathe"

Vision of the Soul [Collection]

  

Breathe
5.20.13

 

 

Take a moment and slow your breathing. Let everything else in the world disappear and vanish into a nothingness. Let the words glide through your brain; triggering images and making your creativity spark. But do that all while letting the world fade to blackness.
The blackness now surrounds you; every nook and cranny of your life is black. It seems odd at first, but as time flies by you grow used to the scenery. The dull, seemingly scary scenery that now takes over your life.
Days pass and even though you see people, you only see right through them. They are invisible and not perceivable in your world now. Their comments slice through your flesh, leaving wound marks and gashes that can’t be healed. But, surprisingly, some do heal. The scar tissue left behind hurts just as bad though. It’s sensitive. And as the years pass and those invisible figures cut would into your skin more and more, the scar tissues grows until you are covered.
Your mind at this point is trying its best to avoid everything bad in life. No more mean people. No more self-harm to your mind or body. Your thoughts are terrible, shut them off. So you do. And then you don’t know what to do anymore. You walk around, lifeless, in this black and white world. You watch people grow. Some change. Some hurt others intentionally. And sooner or later you see right through them, noting their actions, their ways. It’s all too familiar. You’ve witnessed these crimes before.
And you stop at the ledge. Looking out onto the world, what do you see, dear? Your mind is dead. Your heart is like stone. Your body feels weak. Your thoughts for the past few days, maybe months, or years even; they have changed. You tell yourself you are tired. You are weak. Nothing can fix your hidden pains. Nothing can numb all the scar tissue and wounds that are on your body and left imprinted in your mind, no.
But look. Isn’t the scenery beautiful? Erase every human. Erase the bad things. The scenery is beautiful, the music you used to listen to is beautiful. You are beautiful. Everything else, those haters, rude people; erase them and their snide remarks. Because wasting your precious life and giving up only lets them win. And even if you are weak and tired, don’t let them win.
Live.

 

 

credit