[쇼콜라] Melanie's Crush

Vision of the Soul [Collection]

I'm pretty sure I wrote this during my rp time when my friends (who played Melanie) had a crush on the Ricky roleplayer. Fun fact: Melanie is actually married. I wrote things for Lindsay (who played Mel) and published them, but erased them. Wherever you are in the world, old friend, hope you are well~

Comeback was getting near; new plans, new schedules they’d look forward to and not to mention the various hair colors they’d been going through. None of them were tired of it though. They anticipated their return more than anything and were putting more than 110% effort into it; even though at points they were scolded for missing a step or singing a note wrong.

But they had finally reached a free day. A quiet, relaxing free day. Tia had plans, of course. What with her being the face of Lioele, wanted for other things, and her own fanbase constantly wanting new pictures, updates and the latter. She was off working or just trying to please her fans (and ignore the haters).

The four had finally gotten back into a dorm together; Soa was happy to be back with her fellow members. Since she lived across town and was rarely near them - with the exception of practice and random performances that had been thrown in here and there – she was just downright happy to be back.

As for Juliane, she was just content with the atmosphere of the day. She sat in the floor, reading some article over relaxation and meditation. She had to go back to that after Soa ignored her wanting to read her horoscope. Soa was a Gemini and it said that today she would have a decision to make, but it’d be easy for her. But the interesting thing was that her choice was for another person, not her own choice. Juliane looked at Melanie and then thought of Tia. Maybe Soa’s horoscope was directed towards one of them. She shrugged it off.

As for the maknae, Melanie, she sat on the couch, watching Juliane. It was boring. Maybe she’d do a fanchat. Maybe she’d stalk her tag on Tumblr. Maybe she’d hack Tia’s Twitter. Tia and her knew each other’s information like they knew the backs of their hands. All the possibilities she could attempt to do. But she didn’t. She just decided to grab her laptop, log onto Skype and see if any of her friends of family was on; seeing their faces right now would be nice.

“Melanie, want to hear your horoscope?” Juliane asked, turning to her and grinning. Melanie ignored her. “Yah! Pinkie!” Melanie looked at her. Juliane turned back to her magazine and started reading; “You’re going to enter a risky situation that will give you anxiety-“

That’s great,” Melanie said, scrunching up her nose. She, of course, was being sarcastic. Soa looked at the two before going back to what she was doing.

As I was saying,” Juliane continued on, “If you have an air of confidence around you, you’ll have greater success. Be happy and you’ll be successful!” Juliane gave a bright smile and looked at the maknae, who just raised an eyebrow and went back to her laptop, scrolling through the list.

“They’re probably all in school,” Soa told Melanie. Soa had prepared a snack for herself and sat down by the younger girl as she began eating. “Don’t you still have school?”

“Online. But that’s not important right now,” Melanie told her. “Oh look!”

“Hmm?” Soa asked, looking at the screen. Her eyes scanned the names and found three green dots there. “Who are they?”

“CAP-sshi, Ricky-sshi, and my old friend from school!” Melanie told her cheerfully, turning to look at Soa before looking back at her screen. “At least some people are online. Who should I-“ Juliane had reached up and clicked Ricky’s name, calling on video. “Unnie!” Melanie screeched, moving away from the laptop. “I didn’t mean-“

“Melanie?” a familiar voice asked. Soa’s face was in front of the camera and he was confused. “Annyeonghaseyo Soa-sshi!” Ricky greeted the familiar face, smiling wide.

“Ah.. annyeong haseyo!” Soa bowed her head before glancing at Melanie.

“Why did you call?”

“I... didn’t,” Soa said, looking down at Juliane and frowning. “One of the girls did, but... ah, nevermind. How are you?”

Ricky’s confused face had reappeared briefly before he smiled again; “I’m great actually! We just came back to the dorm from a performance. Do you want to say ‘hi’ to the others?”

Soa’s eyes widened and she shook her hands in front of her, shaking her head as well, “Ah, no, no, no, Ricky! It’s fine. Do you want to talk to one of the girls though? They called, I didn’t. And I have to go call our manager about tomorrow’s schedule.” She gave a gentle smile, the lie slipping through her lips so easily. The two girls looked at each other. Juliane got up and walked to the bedroom, carrying her magazine and phone. She wasn’t going to talk. Melanie would have to.

“Who’s there?” Ricky asked, curious and still smiling.

“Melanie.”

“I’ll talk to Melanie! She’s fun to talk to!”

Neh,” Soa agreed, looking down at Melanie, who’s eyes were as wide as EXO’s D.O’s eyes; his were usually abnormally large. “She’s always a bunch of fun. Melanie~” Melanie shook her head. “Ricky wants to speak with you! You did call him after all!” Ricky waited patiently; Changjo appeared behind him, seeing what he was doing. “Hi noona!” Changjo greeted Soa, she greeted him back as Melanie appeared in the camera.

“Wah!” Ricky said, aweing at Melanie’s now pink hair. “Is that for your comeback?”

“It’s like L.Joe hyung’s used to be!” Changjo commented.

“Pretty, right?” Soa asked, petting Melanie’s hair. Melanie looked at her, pouting.

“Kyeowo~” Ricky told Melanie. She looked back at him, squinting her eyes at him. Changjo wiggled his fingers in front of the camera, grinning at her. Her hair looked exactly like their member, L.Joe’s, used to look like! And it suited her!

“How are all of you?” Melanie asked finally, wanting to change the subject. He answered they were fine. The conversation really didn’t last long since their manager appeared and needed to speak with the boys. The four of them had talked actually. Soa had to stay to keep Melanie from exiting Skype. Changjo hung around because he was bored.

Melanie was relieved when the chat ended however. She liked Teen Top. She was friends with them. She had been since CAP featured on their song One More Day. So, in the end, she liked them but she was really glad the call ended.

“When are you going to tell him you like him?” Juliane asked, appearing in front of the two. She was grinning widely, hoping Melanie would finally give in and just say she would soon. But knowing the maknae, that was impossible!

“Why did you do that, unnie?” Melanie whined to Juliane, shutting her laptop.

“If you really want the pure truth, you will need to go to the source. There is no other way to get a clear message across,” Juliane quoted her horoscope, grinning. Melanie pouted and Soa held back a grin. “Your day will come. Just tell him.” With that, she walked back to her room, shutting the door behind her. Melanie sat there staring at her closed laptop. She’d never reveal her crush. Ever.

“Don’t worry,” Soa told Melanie, patting the girl. “Everything will be okay. At least he thinks you’re fun and cute.”

Melanie gave a halfhearted smile to her leader. But honestly, Soa’s words had no effect on her and didn’t help. At all. Her crush would remain a secret from here on out. Just like every other secret crush- well.. almost every other one.

 

06.22.13