Nine

The Only Words Left to Say Are "I Love You"

 

Minji stirred awake, finding herself in the arms of Lee Joon. She raised her head to look at his face, only to find him staring down at her. Minji jumped up off the couch, tripped over her feet, and landed with a dull thud! on the thick carpet.

“Ow,” she grimaced.

Joon grinned and went over to help her up. Minji stood awkwardly next to Joon, and mumbled a “good morning.” She then stumbled into her kitchen, pouring herself some water.

“How’d you sleep?” Joon asked, stretching.

“Um…good,” Minji stuttered.

Joon wrapped his arms around her, and Minji quickly slid them off her shoulders, and backed away about a hundred meters.

“Um…I think…I’ll go change…yeah…” she said hastily. “You can…um…wait here…”

Joon snickered as she staggered to her room and shut the door quietly.

He decided not to be a and bust into her room. Instead, he made himself useful, digging around her fridge for eggs and other breakfast staples.

Minji poked her head out her bedroom, made sure Joon was looking away, and darted into the bathroom.

Gah. I’m so out of it. Why are you so jumpy, Minji? Jeez. It’s fine. Besides, you’ve slept with Joon tons of times. Well…not slept withbut slept next to…it’s not a big deal so stop being so…icky. I feel so guilty though…

Get it together. Jung Minji! There’s nothing to be guilty about! That’s right. So just go out there. And be normal! You got this!!

Minji cautiously took one step out of the bathroom, which is exactly when Joon turned around to grab a spatula. They made eye contact and he waved eagerly at her.

Minji her heel, and fell back into the bathroom

Crap. I can’t do this. It’s too embarrassing!

Psh. You guys didn’t even do anything. You’re so retarded. You’re making a big deal out of nothing.

But…I’m afraid.

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. If you don’t like him, then just tell him to leave. Jeez.

Okay okay…I’ll just tell him that. I’ll ask nicely for him to leave…and it’ll work out. Yeah…

Minji took a deep breath, and marched out of the bathroom, accidentally bumping into Joon’s back.

Shoot. I miscalculated the number of steps it’d take for me to reach him. Now he’s gonna think I want to be all skinshippy. Not good. Back away! Back away!

Joon smiled down at her, as Minji quickly wrapped her arms around herself and sped into the living room.

She plopped on the couch, pulled her knees up to her chin, and began rocking back and forth anxiously.

“What’s up with you?”

“Huh? Oh…nothing really…what makes you say that?” Minji laughed nervously.

“You only do that when you’re worried or scared about something,” Joon pointed to her posture. “You forget how well I know you.”

Minji hurridly straightened out her legs. “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

Joon just turned back to his cooking.

 

At the MBLAQ dorm, Seungho was fuming. He paced across their living room restlessly.

Aish. That Lee Joon When he gets home, I SWEAR I’ll—

“Seungho, you’re thinking out loud again,” G.O. commented.

Seungho looked up sheepishly. “Oh. Thanks.” He blushed a deep shade of red, then retreated to the kitchen.

Mir was just making pancakes.

“Hyung! Wanna try some?” he offered a half burnt-half uncooked pancake to Seungho.

Seungho stared at it with a deep look of dislike, then opened his mouth reluctantly. Mir happily shoved it into his mouth then turned back to “cooking.”

Seungho quickly sped out of the kitchen, looking for a place to spit out the pancake. Really, how was it that half was burnt and half was uncooked? How is that even possible??

Chundoong was just leaving the bathroom, and was shoved softly (if that was even possible), to the side, as Seungho bolted for the sink.

Rinsing his mouth, he warned to an amused Chundoong, “Don’t eat the pancakes. What ever you do. Don’t eat them.”

 

After an hour of building up courage to tell Joon to leave while avoiding his skinships, Minji finally succeeded. Collapsing on the couch, Minji was jerked upright again by a buzzing in her back pocket. She quickly answered.

“Chundoongie??”

“Hey you,” Chundong said happily. “What’s up?”

“Haha, I just woke up. Kind of.”

“Joonie-Hyung was over at your place last night, wasn’t he?”

Minji chewed her cheek nervously. “Why do you ask?”

“Because he didn’t come home, and now Yang Seungho’s pissed.”

Minji felt her heart sink a little. “Oh, that’s too bad then.”

“Anyways. Enough about them. Wanna come see a movie with me?”

“Oppa, now? It’s only ten in the morning.”

“But I really really want to!” Chundoong said, in his cutest voice possible. “Really really want to.

Minji giggled. “Okay, but how are we going to get to the movies? You can’t drive.”

“I’ll ride my bike over! See you!!!”

He hung up before Minji could object, and chuckled to himself. Jung Minji, I’ve got you now!

G.O. and Seungho watched as Chundoong glided happily out of his room, tugged on his shoes, and sang, “I’ll be back in a few hours~” before prancing out the door.

“What’s up with him?” G.O. laughed. “He looks so in love.

Then he made a sudden realization. “He’s probably going to see Minji.”

Seungho stood up, alarmed. “What?!”

G.O. shrugged. “I think he’s going to see Minji,” he repeated.

“Why, does he like her too?” Seungho asked sarcastically.

G.O. nodded. “Yup!”

Seungho’s face fell. “Let’s follow him.”

He grabbed G.O.’s arm and dragged him out of the dorm, despite G.O.’s protests.

 

“Quick! Behind the bush!” Seungho pulled G.O. down with him, just before Chundoong turned their way.

G.O. let out a long sigh. “Is this really necessary? Just call him and tell him to come home if you want.”

“It doesn’t work that way! You don’t understand!!” G.O. just smiled to himself and took this opportunity to stare at Chundoong—Er, not. Haha. Why would he stare at his dongsaeng? His very cute dongsaeng…eh.

G.O. sat down, his back to Chundoong. “Seungho-ah,” he said quietly.

“Hold on, I think I can hear them from here…what are they saying??” Seungho said.

“Seungho-ah,” G.O. said again, a little louder.

Seungho plopped down next to him. “What is it?”

G.O. took a deep breath. “I think….I might…be…gay.”

Seungho turned to look at G.O., who haad the most serious look in his eyes. Seungho’s darted around G.O.’s face.

And he burst into laughter.

“You’re funny, G.O.,” Seungho breathed in between his laughs. “You almost had me there.”

“I—“ G.O. sighed, disappointed. “Haha, I fooled you, right?”

Seungho got on his hands and knees, then did a stupid dog-style crawl to a closer bush.

G.O.  looked longingly at Chundoong again, laughing happily with Minji.

That’s right, Jung G.O. It’s just a joke. Why would you like Chundoong anyways? You like girls! Pretty, beautiful, bodacious (?) girls.

G.O. got up, walked over to Seungho’s bush, and pulled him up forcefully.

“Yah! They’ll see us!” Seungho whisper-yelled. Just then, Minji began turning around, so Seungho dragged G.O. behind a tree to avoid being caught.

However, some passerby must have mistaken their compromising postion…

“Kids these days. I get that they’re trying to be all ‘modern’ with this ‘try new things’, but really? I don’t mind gay people, but please don’t do this in public! Think of the children!”

G.O. turned around to face them, “Ah, Ajumma, please don’t misunderstand! You see, we’re just friends!”

The ajummas looked at him indigenously, continue to murmur to each other, and walked away quickly.

“Noooooooooooooooo.”

G.O. whipped his head around to see Seungho collapsed on his knees. “Whyyyyyyy???”

“What? What’s wrong? What hurts? Are you okay? Seungho!!” G.O. tried not to yell.

“Gaaaaaaah. Everything’s wrong!! And though my limbs may not be hurting, but my heart does! I can’t be okay now! Not like thisssss! Aaaaaah!!”

“Wow.” G.O. looked down at his pitiful friend. “Drama queen much?”

“You don’t understand!! They’re goneeeeeeeeeee.”

 

Chundoong mumbled to Minji, “I think my hyungs are following us. Let’s run away as soon as possible.”

Minji smiled. “Okay. When they turn the other way, let’s hide behind that bus stop.”

They exchanged mischievious looks, as they both bolted for the bus stop the instant Seungho and G.O. turned their backs.

They smiled at each other, backs pressed to the bus stop, grinning like there was no tomorrow. “So, how about that movie?”

Seungho and G.O. headed back to the dorm, defeated.

Joon, who was lounging on the couch, looked up from his magazine. “Where have you two been?”

“Creepin’,” G.O. said as he face planted into the couch.

“Yah!” Joon screeched, pushing G.O. off him and leaping half way across the room. G.O.’s head had accidentally landed in Joon’s lap as he was tumbling to the couch...

 

Dinner time rolled around, and Chundoong still wasn’t back from his excursion with Minji. Seungho didn’t want to call it a “date,” but it’s not like they “hung out” often (at least, not to his knowledge, heh), so, for loss of a better term…

His phone rang. Seungho was holding it tightly for about the past hour and a half, and when the screen actually lit up (Chundoongie is calling!), Seungho fumbled and dropped it in his anxiety.

After cussing out his phone for being so difficult, he answered.

“Yah! Where have you been? Do you know how worried we were? You come home right this instant young man!” Seungho screamed into the phone.

“Oh…Seungho Oppa, it’s you,” said the light voice of Minji.

Seungho flushed a deep, deep shade of a mix of red, purple, and green.

Mir walked in just as Seungho was stuttering a reply.

“Woah, hyung! I didn’t know your skin could turn that color!” (Seungho: “…”)

“Um,” Minji said again. “Chundoong wants to tell you not to wait for us, and that he’ll feed himself.”

“Ah, I see,” Seungho said, anger dissipating from just hearing Minji’s voice. “But wait. Why are you telling me this? Where’s Chundoong?”

He could hear some murmuring on the other side, when Minji piped up, “He’s afraid you’ll yell at him, and he figured that you won’t get as mad if I tell you, so…here I am.”

Seungho chuckled to himself, and heard more shuffling and static.

“Hyung, sorry. Goodbye!” That was Chundoong…and the line went dead.

G.O. walked in as Seungho was standing in disbelief, clutching his phone.

“Considering that Chundoong’s paying for dinner, they’re probably at that cheap ramen place by Pyong Maeng Park.”

Seungho stared at G.O. “Since when have you been so smart?”

“Day one, baby,” G.O. laughed. “I’ll go get my keys.”

He headed to his room. Seungho just stood blankly for about a minute, gathered up his senses, then called out, “Kids, we’re going for ramen!”

Joon and Mir bounded happily out of Joon’s room, happy that they can take a break from eating Seungho’s “healthy” food.

 

Just like G.O. said, the happy couple Minji and Chundoong were enjoying their ramen in a small corner of the ramen shop. Joon tried very hard to tamp down his jealousy, and amiably greet the two. The slid in the booth Minji was occupying, pointedly draping his arm over her shoulders. Mir skipped happily over to the booth as well, pulling up a chair. G.O. signaled the waitress for some menus, and also went over to the table. Seungho, relieved that he found them, just stood stiffly at the door of the shop.

Chundoong noticed his hyung standing dumbfoundedly, so waved his arms around randomly, calling, “Seungho Hyung!!” Seungh snapped out of his daze and zombie-walked over to their table. G.O. expertly ordered four large bowls of beef ramen, as the other five were awkwardly making small talk.

As dinner progressed, Seungho just got more and more annoyed. Really. Do they ALL like Minji? Aish. I socalled her. But then stupid Joon had to interfere. She was starting to like me too. Now she probably thinks I’mthe stupid one. i must look pretty retarded. I’m just sitting here. I’m not even eating. I’m too angry to do anything. I’ll just sit here and stew. Gah.

“Seungho Oppa,” Minji waved her hand in front of Seungho’s glazed-over eyes. Seungho blinked once, twice, then shook himself out of his reverie.

“Yes?”

“Um, we’re leaving, and you’re driving, so you know…” she trailed off then ducked behind Mir shyly.

“Oh.”

 

Seungho, once again, got increasingly angered at how all s, minus G.O., seemed to like Minji. He insisted she sit in the passenger seat, since they had to fit four people into the back seat, and it just wouldn’t’ be appropriate for her to sit back there. After brooding the whole ride, he decided he would do something about it.

Upon arriving, the four guys tumbled out the back seat and tipsily made their way back to the dorm. Minji made to follow, but Seungho grabbed her wrist, holding her back.

“Minji-ah, I’ll take you home now,” he said, in what he thought was a determined and dictating tone.

She looked at him confusedly, so he just called out to his bandmates, “Minji’s a bit tired, so I’ll just take her back home now.”

“Wait! Hyung! Don’t go yet, I need to give her a hug!” Joon called.

“Me too!” chimed Chundoong.

“Noona! Waaaait!” Mir squeaked.

G.O. just laughed and waved.

Seungho hurridly stuffed Minji back into the car, darted into the driver’s seat, and sped off before the three even took a step.

 Seungho tried speaking to her pleasantly three different times, each ending with “—aish.” He kept stealing glances too, but she just stared into her lap, playing with her fingers.

 

Minji felt the car stop and she looked out the window, preparing to leave for her dorm. Only to find that Seungho had taken her to Pyongmaeng Park.

“Um…I don’t…live here,” Minji said softly. She bit her lip as she looked at him awkwardly.

Seungho just got out of the car, walked to her side, and opened her door for her. She exited the vehicle, and Seungho just grabbed hold of her wrist again, and pulled her away.

He hauled her along for a good 3 minutes before she protested, wrestling her arm out of his grip. They had stopped in front of a spewing fountain.

“Yah! What do you want?” she demanded. “I thought you were taking me home.”

Seungho just looked at her with an anguished expression. “Who do you think you are?”

She didn’t reply, so he just continued.

“Fine, you can like Joon, but Chundoong too? And Mir? What are you trying to do?”

“I—what?!”

“I can ignore it if it’s just Joon, but you can’t have all of them, you know! Do you just like the attention? I bet you’re just stringling them along, and then you’ll just dispose of them when you feel like it!”

“Yah!” Minji yelled back. “I have no idea what you’re getting at, but honestly? You think I’m out to get them? You’re joking. I don’t’ even understand why you’re so angry with me!”

(At this point, the ajummas from earlier that day happened across them. “Look! It’s that gay kid!” one whispered to another. “But why is he here with a girl? Aah, it must be his girlfriend. I guess he’s confessing to her that he’s gay,” another gossiped. “At least he’s honest…” a third one offered.

Minji continued, “Is it because I didn’t meet you here last time? I’m sorry it didn’t work out, okay? Look. I’m sorry that when you were sick, they didn’t really take care of you. Is this about that then? Are you just hurt they ignored you when you were feeling ill? I didn’t ask them to do anything for me! There’s no reason for you to be angry at me! If anything, I should be angry at you! What have I done to deserve this from you?—“

At this point, something inside Seungho just snapped. He had started zoning out before, and instead just stared at her as she exploded at him, her hair swaying slightly, her cheeks becoming rosier.

She looked about ready to kill, so Seungho just reached out for her arm, and pulled her into a kiss.

Minji tried weakly to break away, so he simply wrapped his arms around her waist. Minji started backing into the fountain, and her knees buckled as they touched the rim of the fountain.

Seungho felt her waver for about half a second, stumble, then cling onto his neck in an attempt to steady herself.

Since Seungho wasn’t standing to firm in the first place, that motion just pushed them closer together, and they tumbled into the icy water.

(The ajummas giggled to themselves, “Aww, he just realized that a girlfriend is better than a boyfriend! Smart, that one!”)

 

The two sat on the edge of the fountain, shivering from cold. Minji turned her head to look at Seungho, and he in response looked at her as well.

Minji tried what she thought was a convincing glare, but as Seungho’s face broke into a smile, she couldn’t help but laugh along with him.

(The ajummas cheered indiscreetly, watching them as if they were a real life drama. “Such a cute couple!” one gushed. “It’s too bad they’re wet…” another lamented.)

Seungho called out to them, “Thank you very much. We’re glad to be of service to you.”

The ajummas exchanged looks of horror mixed with embarrassment, and scurried away (but not before one replied, “We’ll root for you!”).

 

Joon paced nervously around the living room.

“He’s not back yet. Why isn’t her back yet? He should be back by now,” he chanted.

“Aish. Settle down. You’re making me dizzy,” G.O. complained.

Chundoong too, was lying on the ground in anxiety. He groaned, pulling himself up to a sitting position.

“She likes himmmmm,” Joon moaned. “My life is overrrrr.”

“I thought she liked you, Hyung…” Mir said.

“Yeah, me too,” added Chundoong.

Joon’s face lit up. “Really? You think she does? I think she does too.”

G.O. laughed. “Has she ever said that she liked any of you?”

“Yeah! Many times!” Mir squealed.

“Shut up. You don’t count,” G.O. said. “She just thinks you’re cute. Besides, if you followed me around all day saying “I like you, Noona!” I’d tell you I like you too.”

Mir pouted. “I do not follow her around all day saying that…usually it’s at night after our schedules…but you should at least get your facts straight!”

Chundoong hung his head sadly. “I waited too long to tell her.”

G.O. got up to pat his back comfortingly. “Aww, don’t be sad. There are tons of fish in the sea!”

Chundoong nearly cried. “B-but…I just want one…

Joon scoffed. “Aish. You two never had a chance. While I…” he trailed off.

“You know, I never thought she liked you either,” G.O. said, matter-of-factly. “I always thought she’d go for Seungho, and look! I’m right.”

Mir piped up, “You don’t know that yet. I mean, they could just be stuck in traffic. Or Hyung got lost. There are tons of reasons why he’s a bit late…”

 

Actually, there were tons of reasons why they got held up. Firstly, they ran into the exact same pair of fangirls they saw at Hongdae.

“Omo! Seungji!! We knew you were real right from the start!” they fangirled (if that is even a verb).

The couple, if you could call them that, just did their best to shake them off, and quickly hid in a group of middle aged egg vendors.

This got Seungho’s stomach growling, since he hadn’t eaten very much for dinner. After eating his fill, the two got lost.

“Did you honestly forget where you parked the car?” Minji asked for the umpteenth time.

“Why weren’t you looking? The driver is most concerned with parking properly and getting his passengers off safely! What were you doing? Staring into your lap! You could’ve made yourself useful by noting where we were!” Seungho fired back.

They both pretended to be moody while simultaneously hiding smiles.

Seungho finally resolved to walk Minji back to her dorm, and come back the next day to search for his car.

He trudged back to his apartment nearing 1am. Upon stepping foot in the dorm, he was hounded by the four members.

“Where have you been?!”

“You could’ve at least called!”

“Did you have fun while we worried for your life?!”

“You better have a good explanation, mister!”

Seungho stared at s’ hurt faces, then burst into a wide smile, hugging them all closely.

“Aww, when have you all cared about me so much? I love you too!!”

He pranced into his room, changed, and fell asleep immediately.

The other four, a bit alarmed at his behavior, silently opened the door to leader’s room, peeking inside.

“What’s gotten into him?” Mir wondered.

“That kid. And to think I was actually worried,” Joon muttered.

“Do you think…he may be…high?” Chundoong mused.

G.O. grabbed the three and lightly closed Seungho’s door.

“He’s fine…He’s simply in love~”

 

To all my lovely readers: I love you all, so here's a very long update...and as a heads up, from now on, I'll be updating every Wednesday and Thursday, and the whole story will be around 16~20 chapters (like a real drama! Ho!) ~annyeong