Fourteen

The Only Words Left to Say Are "I Love You"

 

It had been 2 weeks since Minji had seen any of the Mblaq guys. She hid herself away after the incident with Mir, afraid of hurting more of her loved ones. She turned her phone off, made quick entrances and exits, and kept to herself.

Needless to say, when Minji finally plucked up the nerve to turn on her phone, it was filled with worried texts from the guys.

Her eyes filled with tears of gratitude and guilt as she read each text.

Noona, are you okay? Haven’t seen you in a while…

Minji! The fanfic updated again! Haha, have you read it? Go read!

Minji-ah, what’s up lately? We’re going bowling again, if you’d like to join! 5:00 Saturday :D

Minjiiiiii why aren’t you answering my calls? Are you okay??

Jung. Min. Ji. If you do not pick up the phone RIGHT NOW, I won’t speak to you ever again.

Okay, okay, I’m kidding…please pick up the phone...

Noona~I baked cookies today…Can I come over to deliver some to you? Miss you~

 

Zing!Another text popped up on her screen as she was reading. She opened up Seungho’s text, a wave of guilt hitting her.

Minji-ah, I hope you’re doing well. Don’t be mad, okay? I’m guesting on [Some Nice Radio Show ><] tonight at 7…tune in?

She checked the time. 6:40.

Minji ran into her kitchen and the radio, tuning in to the channel.

“And that was just missA~~ Don’t go away, MBLAQ’s Seungho will be joining us at 7.”

More music.

Minji carried the radio into her room, and settled on her bed.

Soon, Seungho was on.

“Let’s welcome…MBLAQ’s Seungho!”

“Hello everyone, I’m MBLAQ’s Leader Seungho.” That was his voice.

“Now tonight, Seungho-sshi will be singing us a special song!”

“Yes, thank you. I first want to thank all of our fans for their continual support and love. We’re working hard, so please look for us in the future.This song I prepared, I saved for a very special person. I hope you’ll hear this song, and think of me.”

“I’m sure that special someone will, Seungho-sshi. And now, let’s listen to the song!”

She heard him take a deep breath, and the soft piano introduction start.

“Your smile warms my heart

And gives me new strength

So I gather up my courage

And decide to love you wholeheartedly

The love I have for you cannot wait

Reminds me of me and you

 

“The only words left to say are “I love you.”

I just haven’t told you yet

I want to care for you well, treasure you well

The only words missing are your reply, saying you love me too

And want to be with me, hand in hand, holding you tightly.

I think back to the past, and I only remember the memories of you…”

 

Minji picked up the ring from her bedside table, where it sat next to Mir’s necklace. She slowly ran her fingers over the design.

 

Chundoong knocked lightly on the recording room door. G.O. looked up from the keyboard, visibly surprised to see his dongsaeng. He took off his headphones and storde to the door, turning the lock with a click! Chundoong dug his hands into his pockets and walked uneasily into the recording room.

G.O. motioned for him so sit down, so Chundoong nervously took a seat on the sagging couch. He tapped his toes together and fiddled with a loose thread on the cushion.

“So, DoongDoong, what do you need?” G.O. asked, not sure why Chundoong had come.

Chundoong responded by chewing the inside of his cheek.

Feeling awkward in the slience, G.O. said, “I’m writing this song, wanna hear?”

With no response again, G.O. simply started playing a tune.

                There were three bears, living together:

                Daddy Bear, Mommy Bear, Baby Bear.

                Daddy Bear is really fattttt,

                Mommy Bear is very skinny,

                Baby Bear is super-duper cute~~

                Woo-Oo-Woo-Oo~Isn’t it great!

“Hyung, that’s a children’s song,” Chundoong said.

“So?”

Chundoong shrugged. “It’s nice.”

He swallowed, then said, “Hyung, about what you said about liking me…”

“Don’t worry,” G.O. interrupted. “I’ll forget about my feelings, so don’t let them burden you, okay?” He smiled and reached out to pat Chundoong’s head. “I’ll go back to being just your hyung again.”

Chundoong nodded dejectedly, pulled out some water from his bag, and handed it to G.O.

“Here, don’t strain your voice too much, Hyung,” Chundoong said. “I’m going now. See you back at the dorm…”

He lifted himself off the couch, made to the door, and let it swing shut.

He walked civily down the hallway, swiftly turned into the restroom, and locked himself in a stall.

Chundoong let out a big sigh of rejection.

Hyung…That wasn’t what I meant to say…But now…I…you…

 

Seungho stumbled home, tired out of his mind. Upon arriving in the darkened dorm, he assumed the members were already asleep. He quickly washed off the mkeup on his face, brushed his teeth, and changed into pajamas before tiptoeing into his bedroom.

Seungho, Joon, and Mir now shared a room once again, since the manager wanted to convert Seungho’s room into storage to keep the dorm clean.

Seungho heard the light snores coming from Mir’s bed, and Joon wrestling with the blankets on his. He climbed up to the top bunk over Joon’s, and let all his muscles relax.

The bed creaked with Joon’s turning, but Seungho didn’t mind.

Although Chundoong and G.O.’s “relationship” (for lack of a better term) was unknown to the other members, the sleeping arrangements in the dorm had unconsciously evolved into the “Rejected-By-Minji-Room” and the “Two-Guys-Who-Are-In-Love-With-Each-Other-But-Are-Both-Afraid-To-Admit-It-Room.”

Honestly, it was comforting, in a twisted way, to have your roomers experiencing the same heartbreak you were. Sure, the three guys had competed for Minji’s heart, but now that she began avoiding them all together, they not only felt guilty for driving her away, but also pained to not have her.

Seungho threw his blankets over himself, and let Mir’s soft snores and the distant sounds of cars in the night lull him to sleep.

 

Early the next morning, Seungho woke at a buzzing sensation under his pillow. He groggily retrieved his phone and read the name on the screen.

His eyes shot wide open at the realization that Minji, yes Minji, sent him a text after 2 weeks of silence. His heart beat faster as he clicked open the message in anticipation.

Seungho had never realized the power of two words. He clutched his phone to his chest, as a dorky grin spread on his face. He suppressed a giggle, and rolled around a bit on his matress.

So she heard my song.

He took another look at the screen, pinching himself, as if confirming that her text was a reality. The white background shone brightly contrasting the black letters.

Thank you.