Four

The Only Words Left to Say Are "I Love You"

 

Seungho pulled up to Minji’s building, then quickly stepped out to open her door for her. She smiled widely and took his hand.

“Seungho-ah,” Minji said. “Thanks, I had a lot of fun, even if it was just coffee.”

Seungho laughed. “The baristas there probably think we’re pretty stupid.”

Minji laughed along as well, “I didn’t mean to drop the coffee. It was really hot. So it just…fell.”

Seungho nudged her arm playfully.

She gave him a quick hug, and as she started to pull away, he planted a light kiss to her forehead. Minji blushed, but muttered a fast “Good night,” and shuffled into the building. Seungho waited till she disappeared behind the doors, and then made his way back to his car. In a couple minutes, his phone buzzed.

I’ve made it safely! Go to sleep now, Seungho-ahhhhhhhhhh. Good night. Rest your eyes or you’ll soon become a panda. ;)

Seungho laughed at her ad-lib, then the engine.

 

Minji settled into bed with her laptop and a bowl of cherries, just as Seungho arrived at the Mblaq dorm, greeted by the guys who wanted to hear about the coffee date, which really "wasn't a date, but just two friends meeting," as Seungho described it.

 

The next day, the Mblaq guys had a long day of dance practice for their new album. The choreographer planned a series of well synchronized acrobatic flips and jumps, and the guys were also eager to try them out.

Half way into the practice, however, Mir attempted to imitate Seungho’s flip, but instead landed horrifically on top of Seungho.

A loud crack! echoed around the room, followed by a pained sigh.

G.O. was the first to respond, throwing Mir off Seungho’s limp body. He could see without doubt that Seungho’s leg was broken.

The choreographer quickly ran out of the room, followed by Chundoong, promising to call for an ambulance.

“Joon! Help me!” G.O. roared. Joon immediately jumped to action, supporting Seungho’s head on his knees, while lightly patting his cheeks.

“Oh gosh…don’t be dead. Please don’t be dead,” Joon chanted.

“He’s not dead,” G.O. said matter-of-factly. “But his leg IS broken.”

 

Seungho woke up, finding himself in a white hospital room, lying on a white hospital bed, wearing a white hospital gown. His head hurt, and he suddenly remembered Mir falling on top of him.

He patted his body down, searching for a bruise, then winced when he smacked his cast-covered leg.

Oh yeah. Mir’s falling on me broke my leg. Right. This. .

And then the guys burst into his room, arms filled with flowers and cards wishing him a fast recovery.

Then, Minji entered.

“Oppa!” she screamed. “Oh. My. Gosh. Oppa are you okay?!” She rushed to his bedside, and took his hand in hers.

Seungho flung her hand off and crossed his arms. Minji did not waver.

“I made you porridge! Eat it well!”

She placed a well wrapped package on his bedside table, before the group was ushered out by an annoyed nurse.

 

Weeks later, Seungho was finally well enough to leave the hospital. Minji declared that the two must go on a celebratory date, and Seungho reluctantly agreed. Dinner was stuffy, with Minji jabbering away at how great the food was, how nice it was that Seungho wasn’t in the hospital, how they could finally start working on the new album again, and oh, doesn’t her hair look nice today? Seungho just gave short mumbles and shoveled his food.

As they made their way out of the restaurant, Minji paused to retrieve her cellphone, which she realized she left inside. Seungho sighed heavily, shook his head, and kept going to the car. By the time he made it to the crosswalk, he was fuming.

Aish. That Minji. Why does she have to talk so much? It’s not like I actually like her. The stupid press just makes stuff up! Jeez! And why hasn’t she caught up yet? It doesn’t take THAT long to get your cell phone. She’s so forgetful. And slow. Why do I have to—

 

He didn’t even see the car coming.

 

And once again, Seungho was back in the hospital. He groggily woke up after being passed out for three days, to the fresh face of Joon.

“Wah!!” Joon squealed. “He’s awake!!”

The rest of the Mblaq boys and Minji excitedly rushed into the hospital room and crowded around his bed.

“Um…” Seungho said, confused. “Who ARE you people?”

 

“He has trauma-related amnesia,” the doctor diagnosed. “He’ll have his memory back in no time.”

The gang sighed in disappointment. Seungho…has amnesia?

“I thought that stuff only happened in dramas,” Mir cried.

G.O. palmed his face with his hands.

Chundoong slid down the wall and brought his knees to his chin, defeated.

Only Joon and Minji headed back into the room. Seungho had propped himself up on some pillows and was reading a magazine. He put his reading material down, however, when the two walked in.

“Oh, you guys again.”

“You really don’t remember us?” Minji asked.

Seungho scrunched up his face, trying to remember. He looked at Joon.

“You look familiar…”

Joon’s face lit up. “Really? I’m Lee Joon! Don’t you remember me, hyung? We’re best friends!”

Seungho thought hard, then sat up straight.

“Of course!” he smacked his head. “Joonie! Right. You’re my boyfriend! How could I forget you?”

Joon mentally smaked his face on a wall. “Hyung…MINJI is your GIRLFRIEND. Don’t you know? You like girls.”

Minji nodded eagerly. Seungho studied her.

“Wha? Minji? Oh yeah. You’re that crazy girl. Try staying away from me.”

Minji suppressed a sob and grabbed his hand.

“Oppa. Don’t you know me? We’ve been dating for a while.”

Seungho frowned. “Psh. That’s impossible. I’m gay.”

 

 

 

“Wah…so Seungho was gay this whole time? No wonder he didn’t like me,” Minji pondered as she closed out of the fanfic and shut down her laptop. “But that doesn’t make sense…But at least Seungho and Joon can be together now.” Minji chuckled as she placed her laptop on the bedside table.

Zing! You have one new message.

Minji picked up her phone.

Gah!! Seungho-hyung finally declared that he’s gay with Joonie-hyung! I wonder what’ll happen to you now…

Minji smirked. She and Chundoong were reading the fanfic together, unknown to the other guys. Minji quickly typed a response.

Will Joon accept Seungho? It’s too good to be true!! ahhhh…they need to update. T.T I must know.

The reply came only a few seconds later.

Hahahhaha. I know right? Seungho-hyung is nagging me to sleep. You should come by tomorrow at 10…we’re recording new songs. Chyeah~~and Yang Seungho says sweet dreams. He’s so cheesy. I want to puke. Gahhhh. Dongsaengie annyeong! <3

Minji smiled, turned off the lights, and settled in for the night.