Sixteen FINAL

The Only Words Left to Say Are "I Love You"

Well, it's finally here! The last chapter...It's been a good run, thanks you all for reading and supporting^^


“Noona, let’s go explore!” Mir said excitedly. He grabbed her hand and pulled her to another corridor. Minji helplessly waved goodbye to Chundoong and G.O. as they watched amusedly.

 

They walked down hallway after hallway, greeting the people they met on the way, including reporters, producers, and other important people.

As they finally reached the entrance of the building, where they started, Mir got another brilliant idea.

“Noona,” Mir nearly shouted. “Let’s look inside the auditorium!”

Minji stood nervously. “Are you sure we’re allowed in there?”

Mir nodded vigorously. “Yeah! I really want to see the stage.”

He led her over to one of the many doors leading in. He propped open the heavy door for her, and she cautiously stepped into the dark venue.

“Oh…” Mir said bashfully, “Noona, I’m going to the bathroom real fast. You go ahead.” He motioned to the wall, “The light switch is there! Bye!”

Before Minji could protest, Mir let go of the door, and it swung shut with a dull thud, leaving Minji in utter darkness.

Minji blindly felt her way to the wall Mir had indicated, and felt around for a switch. Finding it with her fingers, Minji flicked it on, flooding the hall with light.

She blinked madly, letting her eyes adjust to the bright lights.

And that’s when she realized she wasn’t alone. There was another figure, occupying the stage.

 

Mir dashed off, meeting his hyungs who were hiding behind the corner.

“Is she in there?” G.O. asked.

Mir nodded.

“Oh, this is so cute,” Chundoong gushed.

They conferred in hushed voices, when Joon sliently approached them

“What are you all smirking at?”

The three of them jumped, then turned to find the tall, ominous Lee Joon.

“Minji Noona just went in,” Mir whispered scandalously.

Catching on, Joon broke into a grin. “I supporttttttt.”

“All the way,” Chundoong agreed.

 

“How can you just think that?! I wasn’t pretending! I tried to be amiable, but why are you ignoring what I’ve said before? I said I’d like to try dating for real! It wasn’t a burden! How can you think so lowly of me?! You’ve misunderstood.”

Seungho sneaked a peek at her. Minji had crossed her arms over her heaving chest.

She’s beautiful, he thought. He gathered up his thoughts and plucked up whatever courage he had left, and broke the silence.

“Minji-ah,” he said quietly. She didn’t flinch, so Seungho spoke louder. “Minji-ah!”

“I’m not deaf,” she snapped.

Seungho swallowed. “I…genuinely like you. Can’t you…say the same for me?”

She sighed in exasperation and turned towards him. “Yeah. I like you too. So what?”

“If you like me too…then what’s the problem?” he asked cautiously.

She nearly shouted (if it weren’t for the ajummas who were indiscreetly eavesdropping). “There shouldn’t be a problem! I genuinely liked you too! You just misunderstood!”

“How could I not misunderstand?” Seungho shot back. “He said he wanted to steal you away from me!”

Minji stopped. “What?”

“He…he said he’d steal you away from me. How could I let you be with him? I was worried,” he admitted.

Minji gave him a small smile. “You could have trusted me when I said I wanted to try the dating thing.”

Seungho hung his head. “I thought…”

Minji walked up to him and grabbed his hands.”Seungho-ah, I’ve never felt this way about anyone…not even Joon.”

He raised his head hopefully. “Me neither.”

 

Minji was still blinking to adjust to the bright lighting when she finally focused on the figure on the stage.

Only then, did she realize it was Seungho sitting at the piano bench.

They locked eyes, and he smiled at her before turning back to the piano. He closed his eyes and heard her step into the isle.

Seungho started to sing:

 

Your smile warms my heart

And gives me new strength

So I gather up my courage

And decide to love you wholeheartedly

The love I have for you cannot wait

Reminds me of me and you

 

Minji walked up the stage and stopped next to the piano, placing a ring-clad hand on the piano. The ring caught the light, glinting on her finger. Seungho smiled, satisfied, and continued playing.

 

The only words left to say are “I love you”

But I haven’t told you yet

I want to care for you well, treasure you well

The only words missing are your reply, saying you love me too

And want to be with me, hand in hand, holding you tightly.

I think back to the past, and I only remember the memories of you

 

He reached the end of the song, finished off with a flourish, and lifted his fingers gracefully off the keys.

Seungho lightly tapped his lips, so Minji took the cue, and leaned in gently, feeling the warmth of his lips on hers.

 

At the end of the concert, Seungho led Minji up to the balcony of the now empty concert house. They overlooked the giant theatre, a giant stage bordered by thousands of velvet chairs. The lights were dimmed, and Minji could barely make out the features of Seungho’s face.

Seungho slid an arm around Minji’s waist, and she leaned into his chest. He kissed the top of her head, and Minji (still) couldn’t help but grin like an idiot.

She leaned over the railing and looked over the theatre.

“Echo!” she shouted. “Echo! Echo! Echo. Echo..Echo…echo…echo…..” came the echo.

Seungho smiled at her childishness, but Minji was unphased.

“Seungho!!” she yelled. “Seungho! Seungho! Seungho. Seungho..Seungho…seungho…seungho…”

Seungho rose from his seat and stood next to Minji.

“Really!!” he shouted. “Really! Really! Really…”

“Likes!”

“Likes! Likes! Likes…”

Minji laughed as she finished, “Minji!!!!!”

“Minji!! Minji! Minji! Minji. Minji..minji…minji…”

The echo died away, and Minji stepped behind Seungho to give him a hug. She stood on her tiptoes and rested her chin on his shoulder. He turned his head sideways to look at her, and gave her a peck on the cheek.

He brushed a stray hair out of her eyes. “Wanna know a secret?”

Minji loosed her grip on his waist. “What?”

“Come here and I’ll tell you,” he beckoned.

“Just tell me,” Minji said. “There’s no one here.”

Seungho shook his head. “Come here!” He turned her to face him.

She stared up at him with wide eyes. “Tell me!”

“You have to lean in closer,” he said, smirking.

Minji took a small step forward and leaned in slightly.

Closer,” he said.

Minji sighed, exasperated, and complied.

Seungho leaned into her ear and held her hands.

“I love you.”