AFTER STORY

The Only Words Left to Say Are "I Love You"

~Ten Years Later~

 

Minji pulled Junsu off her leg.

“Omma!!” the kiddy screamed.

“Child!!” she playfully screamed back, albeit in a softer voice.

“Omma!! Don’t go!” He wrapped his little kiddy hands around Minji’s arm.

“Yoonsu-ah,” Minji called. A seven year old girl appeared in the doorway. “Take your brother, won’t you?”

Yoonsu smiled and grabbed Junsu’s hand, leading him into the house.

“Have fun!” Minji said weakly.

Hyesung laughed.

“I’ll be back at 9-ish,” Minji said. “But, no guarantees. PD-Jeon is so uptight about the proper amount of ‘emotion,’ I swear, he was pickier than you!”

Hyesung chuckled, “Oh really!”

Minji waved as she left, pulling out of the driveway in her car.

“You’ve got da wrong numbaaaa, you’ve got da wrong numbaaaaa~”

 

 

Minji grabbed her phone from her purse and checked the name that lit up the screen, “Husband.”

Minji answered. “Speak now, I’m driving.”

“You don’t even say ‘Hello’ anymore,” the voice at the other end of the line laughed.

“Anything else?” Minji asked impatiently.

“Yeah, come by the agency.”

“Now? I’ve got stuff now!”

“Stuff can wait.”

Minji grinned. “Fine. I’ll be there in 2 minutes,” she said, already pulling into the agency parking lot.

 

Minji walked into the dark practice room. She felt around for the light switch, when her eye caught a warm light coming from the other side of the room. She squinted in the darkness and heard a sweet voice sing,

 “Happy Birthday to You,

Happy Birthday to You.

Happy Birthday dear Minji-ah~~

Happy Birthday to You!”

 

Seungho faced her, holding a small, round cake in front of her.

“Make a wish,” he smiled.

Minji closed her eyes, I wish…I wish…what should I wish for? Not to be cheesy…but life is pretty perfect now. She peeked at Seungho, and he was looking at her expectantly, so she made up her mind and wished for…good drama ratings!

Minji leaned forward and blew with all her might, but only managed to blow out two candles.

Seungho laughed, then motioned for her to try again. After realizing her candle-blowing skills weren’t exactly up to par, he helped her with the the rest.

They sat down against the wall looking at their reflections. Seungho reached for a bag, “Happy Birthday!” and he pulled out a cute, stuffed bunny.

“Wah!!! Cute!” Minji squealed. She squeezed his arm. “Thank you!”

Seungho looked at her reflection in the mirror staring back at him.

He kissed the bunny, then pressed the bunny’s stitched mouth to hers.

Minji turned her head to look up at him, then smirked.

She tugged the bunny out of his hand, then smacked his forehead with it.

“That’s for blowing out my candles.”

She smacked him again.

“And that’s for not giving me a real kiss.”

And so she reached up to pull his neck down, and brought their lips together.

 

A shiny white van pulled up to Pyongmaeng Park. A little girl jumped out car and climbed hastily up the steps to the slide. A laugh bubbled out as she hopped up and down on the tall tower.

“Daddy, look at me!” she called. “I’m so tall!!”

The grown man jogged over to the bottom of the slide. “Wow! I see you! Come down to Daddy now!” He clapped his hands and the little girl happily slid down the slide into her father’s arms.

“Minyoung-ah, come put on sunscreen,” her mother beckoned. Her dad took her delicate hand and led her over to her mother.

Hyuna gently applied some sunscreen on her daughter’s back and face. “Joonie, you put on some too.”

The couple watched their Minyoung skip back onto the playground. Joon pretended to yawn and stretched an arm around his wife.

“Nice weather we’re having…”

 

“Aaand that will be all for tonight. Goodnight to all you listeners out there!” Chundoong quickly wrapped it up, got the ‘okay’ signal from the PD, and took off his headphones.

“Good recording!” his colleagues congratulated, giving him high fives as he made his way to his car. Now that he had his own radio show, Chundoong barely spent anytime at his house.

At the wholesome age of 32, Chundoong had seen his share of the world. From taking over and rebuilding J. Tune to starting a family, Chundoong couldn’t feel any happier.

He pulled up to his large estate and exited his sleek, black Mustang. The front door opened silently, and Chundoong tiptoed upstairs to the master bedroom.

“Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz,” something growled from the bed.

Chundoong jumped and shuffled over to investigate, only to find a sleeping G.O.

“Jagiya,” he cooed. “Wake up, your Chundoongie is baaaack!”

G.O. stirred and cracked his eyes open. “I waited for you,” he gurgled.

Chundoong smiled. “Sorry I’m late,” he said.

G.O. yawned and lifted the edge of the blanket, inviting Chundoong to join him.

Needless to say, Chundoong always found G.O.’s habit of sleeping in his birthday suit quite amusing. He shed his jacket, jeans, socks, and finally shirt, revealing a well toned body. Chundoong combed his fingers through his hair, before climbing into bed with his beloved mate.

 

Seungho was shook out of his sleep by the loud blaring of his cell phone.

“Hullo?” he sighed into his phone.

“Hyung-nim! Nana is in the hospital!”

Seungho’e eyes shot open and he sat upright in his bed. Minji stirred and sat up as well, sleepily leaning her head on his shoulder.

“Really? Is she laboring now?!”

“We just checked her in,” Mir said excitedly. “They think the baby will come soon though!”

“I’ll be there in a sec,” Seungho said and hung up. He turned to Minji. “Let’s go.”

Minji rushed to find a decent shirt and matched it with her pajama pants and tank top. Seungho threw on a sweatshirt and the two staggered into the car still putting on their shoes.

 

They rushed into the hospital and found their way to the [where ever they deliver babies in a hospital ._.]. Gasping, they joined Mir, Chundoong, and G.O., huddling outside the delivery room.

“She’s already inside,” Mir mumbled, pressing his lips together.

Chundoong rubbed his back affectionately. “She’ll be okay.”

“It’s already the third time, and I’m still nervous as hell,” Mir cried.

The crew gathered around Mir, patting his back, squeezing his hand, offering comforting words.

They heard a clamor around the corner, finding Joon, who crashed his way through the hospital.

“Where’s Nana?” were the first words out of his mouth. G.O. jerked his head in the direction of the delivery room. Joon nodded silently and strode over to give Mir a hug.

“I can’t believe out magnae is having his third kid,” he smiled. “You know…today’s your birthday. Your kid’s gonna have the same birthday as you.”

 

At that moment, the delivery room doors opened, and a nurse rushed out carrying what the gang presumed was Mir’s new baby. They crowded around Nana.

She smiled weakly through her sweaty bangs that stuck to her head. “I think it’s a girl.”

Mir laughed. “What shall we name her then?”

After a pause, Nana replied, “Eunkyung. That way, we’ll have an Eunhyuk, an Eunjung, and an Eunkyung.”

The dream team of singers pulled together a horridly off-key, but heartwarming rendition of “Happy Birthday” to Mir’s newborn.

 

Seungho wrapped an arm around Minji, G.O. intertwined his fingers with Chundoong’s, Mir leaned in to give Nana a kiss, and Joon hugged himself. To say that they were “just friends” was, by far, an understatement.