Lucky charms

What happens behind the stage...stays behind the stage

-Where is...Oh! T...Taemin, what are you doing here?

-I asked the photographer if I could come here because I....have forgotten something, didn't you see me leaving the studio?

-No, I was watching the pictures on the computer, I came here because I have forgotten something too.

-Have you?

He looked at the little stone with the golden glints.

-Could it be that stone? Taemin asked.

-That's it!! Where did you find it?

-Erm...on the floor, maybe it fell when you changed your clothes.

He gave the stone to Minho.

-Hm probably....I usually try to keep it near me but I was... distracted earlier...thanks Taemin.

-But what is the use of this stone?

-Oh...that's...a bit stupid but it's my lucky charm. I found it when I was 6. When my family was still a real family, when we were happy the three of us.

-You mean that your parents are divorced?

-I'm completely alone, my mother hates me because she thinks it's my fault if my dad left us.

-Really? I can't imagine a mother who hates her son!

-Of course, you can't, your mother must be as lovely and nice as you are.

-Yeah..so you lived alone until we meet you?

-No, I lived with my mother.

-But you said that she...

-She fed me, she gave me a roof, she paid for my studies because it was her duty as my mother, but I'm like a stranger to her.  

Minho didn't understand why he was babbling about his personal life to Taemin but he felt better every second that he did.

-Ooooh...but why does your mom think you are the reason why your father left your house?

-I don't know...maybe she was suffering so much that she put the reason for her pain on me to think that it was not her own fault. 

Taemin looked at him with a concentrated look.

-Why are you staring at me like that? Minho cautiously asked.

-You comforted me when I was crying because of my own sad family memory, now it's my turn.

And without a warning, he hugged Minho, surrounding his torso with his arms. Minho had a spasm of surprise but he didn't move. he felt safe and reassured, he hugged Taemin back who shivered when he felt Minho's cold fingers through the fabric of his t-shirt but he smiled. Minho often had cold fingers and a cold neutral expression on his face but he rarely let his emotions out. Taemin was happy he could make him crawl out of his shell of aloofness. 

 Minho released Taemin who made a step backward to properly face his friend.

-Thank you Taeminnie.

He grinned and left the room holding his lucky charm tight in his fist. Taemin was dumbfounded, he had often been called Taeminnie by Key or Onew but by Minho, it was the first time...and his hug... it had been so warm, he wished it would have last longer.

He collected himself and quickly found his own lucky charm; his mother's ring, and returned to the photo studio.

-Ah ! You're there Taemin! Please take place! The photographer said.

-You will start with Onew and Minho! Any questions?

-No, that's ok.

They posed for a while, Taemin but also Minho rejoiced in the fact they modeled together and the way they interacted was so warm and so natural that the photographer was very satisfied with their work. He praised their natural chemistry and even added that it was a pleasure to photograph them. When their session was over, Key and Jonghyun took their places, later, Minho joined them and the photoshoot ended in the blink of an eye.

-It's a wrap! The photographer said before congratulating his models.

They bowed, thanked him and were finally allowed to go back to the dressing room to put their casual clothes back on.

Onew was the first to come out. In the corridor, the stylist was checking her phone, looking busy with what she was reading on the screen.

-Miss Yuni, thanks a lot for your help!

-Oh, Mr Jinki. That's nothing, you've done a great job.

-Jinki is enough.

-Then Yuni is enough too!

-O..ok...so..hmmm....Yuni.....have you been working on photoshoots for a while?

-I have been doing this for 2 years... it's my dream job! I like to choose and put clothes together to create a great outfit, I like to add accessories and... well you get it, I'm sorry, I'm such a chatterbox!

-Oh not at all !! Sometimes, I'm so passionate about my job that I can't help but talk about it and I love listening to people who are as passionate as me!

-Hyu..! Taemin said before a hand hushed the end of the sentence and he was pulled backward. A little taken aback, he bumped against the person's body

-Ssshhhh! Leave them alone!

-Hyung...Taemin said behind the hand, looking up at the tall boy who was holding him.

-I release you if you don't bother Onew hyung..

He nodded and Minho let him go.

-Why are you doing this? Taemin whispered

-It's obvious that Onew hyung has a crush on her....Minho answered

-Oh...That's why he was so absent-minded today...

-Yeah....

-And Yuni noona looks to like him too.....a real fairy tale... Taemin said sadly

-Hey...you look sad, aren't you happy for Jinki?

-oh yes, he is so lucky...

-Lucky? Minho said.

-He loves a person who seems to love him too....but in my case...the person I lo..love probably doesn't love me and I can't tell them anything, they'd freak out for sure...

-R...really? Minho stuttered

"My God, what should I do? I hate this situation! Answer as if you didn't know anything about his feelings about you, think about a piece of friendly advice....."  

-I think that..... you should show your feelings properly to that person... it'll only hurt you to bottle up your feelings.

"I'm so stupid! I just advised him to tell me what he feels about ME! " 

And yet... didn't a little part of him want Taemin to tell the truth? He was just hiding the truth from himself and that needed to stop. He made a step closer to the younger boy, his body was silently encouraging Taemin to speak by showing he didn't fear intimacy between the two of them.

-You're right, say hyung...

-Y...yes? Minho asked while mentally cursing himself for stuttering again.

-Hyung.......I....I......I can't, I'm sorry, I can't!

He shook his head and hastily went away, unable to confess his true feelings.

-Hey! Taemin come back! Minho shouted

However Taemin didn't stop and he even started running, but unfortunately, Minho had long legs and he ran even faster than him, they both passed by the spot where inki and Yuni where chatting but they didn't care and left a very bewildered JJinki behind. It didn't take long for Minho to reach Taemin and grab the boy's arm. They stopped running and looked at each other. A weird mix of anger, hope and fear made their expression unreadable.

-What did you want to say? Why are you afraid to say it?

-You'll hate me if I say what I've been holding back...you won't talk to me, you won't comfort me, you won't support me anymore... you'll just think I'm a...

-Just *ng say you love me!

-What?

Taemin was looking so flabbergasted, Minho feared he had misinterpretated everything. Maybe it had been a one-sided feeling... could he have been that wrong in thinking Taemin had feelings for him? Because now that he had realized what he felt for the cute boy in front of him, it killed him to think that nothing would ever happen between them. Taemin opened his mouth to speak but, terrified that he would say he had never been in love with him, Minho talked again:

- I ....I'm not sure about what I feel too but I like the moments we share together, I want to talk to you, I want to comfort you, I want to support you... Minho answered, surprised by his own words

-So you love me?

-I... I guess. To be honest, I have never fallen in love with anybody before...

-Oh My God...oh My God... I feel the same as you... whenever we're apart, I'm always looking for you. When we're not together I feel like I'm wasting my time. I...love you too.

Minho didn't want to do it but he couldn't help it, he grinned like an idiot and ruffled his hair while looking down at his feet. Embarrassment rushed to his numb brain and he felt dizzy, overjoyed and helpless at the same time.

-We're leaving soon and I guess we won't have many occasions to be alone so... can I kiss you? Taemin asked shyly

 A surge of excitement and surprise made his heart skip a beat but he nodded. the offer was too tempting to be refused. 

Taemin kissed him. Nothing too crazy or too passionate, just a simple kiss, but that was enough. A second, a third one followed before Taemin softly restedhis head against Minho's chest and listened to the sound of his heart, his erratic heartbeats were almost hypnotizing. Minho wrapped his arms around his shoulders and rested his chin on the top of his head.

-I'm happy, I really am. I feel at peace with myself, Taemin muttered

-Hmm...

Minho was torn between being happy and being anxious...it was the first time in his life he had true feelings for someone, it felt new and a little scary. he wasn't sure of where that new road would take him but he promised himself he'd try to enjoy the trip.

~~~~~~ Author Time ~~~~~~

Hi everybody ! I'm so sorry to be late again ! But updating when I'm in high school is harder than I thought!  

The moment that you were waiting since the beginning is finally there lol! It's probably a bit cliché but fanfic without clichés is not good fanfic no? uhuh! But that kiss doesn't mean it's the last chapter ! uhuh!

(Tanks so much to my dear subscribers who give me courage to write that fanfic!)