It's not a complete fairy tale

What happens behind the stage...stays behind the stage

Months passed. Their debut had been a success and SHINee was on the road to fame. Yet, becoming a famous singer was exhausting. The five young boys usually went to bed early when they hadn't TV show to record or rehearsals. Every day, they had to wake up early when it wasn't their manager who came to shake them up. Indeed between interviews, rehearsals, live, concerts, tv shows they hadn't got much time to relax or rest. Their boss and their manager were nice but very strict about their schedule and how they did their work, they always asked for perfection.

An evening, Minho was so tired he closed his eyes, lied down on his bed and fell asleep some seconds after. He had planned to rest just for a few minutes before showering and going to bed but he was worn out by a long day of work. 

- Minho... Hey... wake up...

As he didn't react, a hand shook his shoulder. Frustrated to be woken up he let out a moan of exhaustion before opening his eyes. Taemin was looking at him sheepishly, seeing that Minho wasn't happy, he promptly apologized and said:

- The bathroom is available, I'm done!

- Cool. Thanks. 

 

As he left the room, he didn't catch the younger boy's look lingering on him. When he was back from the bathroom, he noticed, everyone had gone to bed. Sharing one room, he had to be careful not to disturb the others' sleep. He nearly stepped on Onew who slept on a futon between two bunk beds. Minho and Jonghyun slept on the upper beds and Taemin and Key had the lower beds.

- Good night hyung. Taemin whispered from the bed below Minho's.

The tall teenager simply mumbled and drifted to sleep.

 

The next day Minho woke up with a stomachache and a headache and if he wanted to stay in bed, he had no other choice but to buckle up and swallow a painkiller to soothe his pain. He went to the small living room to eat a light breakfast with the other boys. They greeted him with tired voices, he just waved as he felt too tired to speak. He saw his mates eating and drinking, which only made him feel like puking. He was unable to eat anything and the four others noticed it.

-Hey are you alright? Jonghyun asked.

-No, I've got a stomachache.

-You'll be alright, it'll pass ! Onew smiled.

-It's maybe "just" a stomachache but I can't eat anything. I feel like throwing up. Minho grumbled.

-Don't focus on it and try to eat something, Onew said, or you will feel weak during rehearsal!

He forced himself to eat a bowl of plain rice but it didn't stay long in his stomach. He began trembling and sweating lightly, he just had time to run to the sink and throw up.

-OMO, you alright? his mates asked.

With his head in the sink, he just raised his thumb up and rinsed his mouth. He would have to go to work without having eaten anything.

After breakfast, they quickly returned to their room to get some clothes for rehearsals. Their manager drove them to SM entertainment's office since they lived in a flat in another district.

Minho was pale, he didn't feel well and the last thing he wanted to do was dancing but he couldn't complain about such a little thing. They warmed up and began to rehearse their new choreo. Soon, Minho was sweating, feeling nauseous, he tried to follow his mates but their choreographer stopped the music and yelled :

-Minho ! Minho! Minho !! Follow the tempo !! You're late! You must improve your dancing skill.

-Yes sir.

Saying he was sick wouldn't make the choreographer feel sorry for him. He had the luck to be an idol, he had no right to complain.

-Good. Let's resume boys!!

Minho finished with difficulty the choreo and quietly went to the changing room, took a quick shower, put on casual clothes and went away without a word for his bandmates.

That day, their schedule wasn't packed with things to do so Minho went directly to their bedroom, he felt so ridiculous. Why couldn't he dance like the others? Just because of a stupid stomachache. He had to master the choreo or he would look like a moron on stage.

-Hi Minho! Can I talk to you? Onew asked.

-Sure, come in. 

They sat face to face, Minho on Taemin's bed and Onew on his. The leader said :

-You can't solve your problem by sulking in the bedroom.

-What are you talking about?

-I'm talking about your problem to follow us during the dance lesson! 

Minho pouted and just said:

-Oh that.....I was just a little bit sick...

Onew nodded and added:

-That's why I want to help you! Join me in the laundry room after supper when you feel better.

-Will you?

-Of course, I will.

-Ok! I'll come!

-Great! See ya!

Onew left Minho's room and closed the door. Minho felt relieved to know he could count on his leader to help him. That way, he wouldn't have to bear with the dance teacher's remarks on him being a crappy dancer.

 ------------- Author Time ----------------

It's the end of the chapter 2 ! hope you liked it! 

PS: Choi Minho,one day if you read this fanfic (I don't think you will but ....) I'm so sorry to write that you're not talented in dance, that's not true! Forgive me, you're as talented as the others! Uhuhuh! That's just a fanfic after all! *end of my silly speech*