The time stopped running out

What happens behind the stage...stays behind the stage

-Hi guys!

-Hi!! Five voices answered

-Let me guide you ! A young man said

The coordinator showed them the backstage, the stage.....but Minho wasn't really listening, he was thinking about Taemin. He felt angry with him and at the same time, he just wanted to hug him tightly. He also thought of Yun Mi's advice: give up or fight. He was still undecided. 

They arrived in a dressing room where there were outfits, the outfits that they had to wear for the performance. A little sofa stood against the wall along with some mirrors and seats to get their makeup done.

 The coordinator led them to the stage to explain to them the way they would come onto the stage and where they would exit. The young man was still talking and Minho tried to concentrate on what he was saying or he would be lost when they would perform on stage. They started to rehearse the dance steps and the song. They had no problem, they knew perfectly the lyrics and the choreography, everything would be fine.

They were having a break to rest a little when Taemin broke the silence.

-hey hyungs....

-hmmm, what the matter Taem' ? Onew asked 

-After the end of the performance, when we will back at home,I wanted to have a little party to celebrate the beginning of Romeo...

-Yes, that's a good idea. Jonghyun said

-We will be tired.....Minho muttered

-Woo, grumpy Minho is back! Hello Grumpy Minho, we have seen Cool Minho for a while, we thought you had disappeared. Key smirked

-M..Minho is right, we should do it another day... Taemin stuttered

-Hey don't worry about grumpy Minho, we will have that little party! Key said happily

Taemin smiled again and high fived Key.

-Guys! Time to resume!

-Yes! We're coming!

They were going to the stage when they met their SNSD seniors. They greeted each other and had a chat, teasing each other about their chances of winning Music Bank and about their current albums and activities. Minho had taken part in the filming of SNSD's MV for Gee and he had got more acquainted with the girls he usually only saw in SM office. They had chatted a bit on set, Sunny and Tae Yeon were really friendly and funny and he had felt at ease among them. It was rare that he had solo activities.

They wished good luck to the girls and went on the stage and began to repeat the song with the dancers and the background music. Soon after, the show began, other artists performed before them, they had 5 minutes before they had to come on stage.

Backstage, they met their other friends from SMent , Super Junior.

-Hey! hyungs! Onew waved nicely at them

-Hello! Leeteuk said

-How are you feeling? Onew said

-Like winners! Leeteuk smirked

-Tss.. we will win with "Juliette". Key hissed

-Woo Kibummie is angry! Eunhyuk and ruffled his hair

Key pouted and crossed his arms. Everybody laughed and Key combed his hair with his fingers.

-See you later! Good luck! Kyuhyun broke the little quarrel.

-See ya!

-Now let's welcome the most shining boys...SHINee !!!

Fangirls screamed and they began to sing. But even if he liked this song, even if he liked the choreography, Minho had a little part in his brain which was too busy to care about what he was doing, this little part of his brain was thinking about Taemin again. He was wondering if he should try to forgive Taemin for being so flaky and convince him to stay together or if he should forget him, see him as a friend only. Just ike an automaton, he sang, danced and stopped when the music background stopped. When their performance ended, he had the feeling to wake up from a dream, Onew discreetly nudged his arm to make him understand they had to leave the scene. Super Junior performed "It's You" and then the critical moment arrived. SNSD, SHINee and Super Junior were together on the stage, with the other artists. The presenter talked a little and the boards which counted points appeared. Numbers appeared too and results were displayed. At this moment, time stopped running out.

They had won.

Key opened his mouth in shock. Jonghyun started to cry, his shoulders were shaking softly at the same rhythm of his sobs, it was his song that had won... They hugged everybody especially their seniors from Super Junior and Snsd.... Taemin hugged Key, Onew and even Minho but the tall boy was so happy too, he hugged him back with no hesitation. Taemin didn't want to let go of him but he released him nonetheless. Onew had teary eyes and he looked on the verge of tears, he thanked their fans, SM Ent... Key and Jonghyun were really crying, trying to hold their tears back, each had their arm around the other's shoulders or waist. The MCs and the other groups left the stage and SHINee began to sing Juliette while thanking everybody. 

They left the stage at the end of the song still very touched by their victory. They returned to their fitting room when a loud shout surprised them.

-CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!

Their friends from SM Ent were all there: DBSK, Super Junior, SNSD, F(x)... everyone was smiling, laughing, congratulating them.

-Everyone...Taemin muttered

-Thank you everybody ! Onew said with his usual wide smile

-You've really impressed us today! Sooyoung said nicely

They talked together a moment and then everybody left. While the SHINee boys were changing their clothes, Onew received a message on his phone.

"Jinki, I've seen the broadcast, I'm really proud of you! You have been great! Continue to shine like this, with your incredible smile and endless enthusiasm!"

I love you, kiss kiss! ^^ See you soon, I know that with your new album you will be busy, but I will wait for the moment when I will be able to see you!!

love you, Yuni"

Onew smiled, happiness filled his heart. He did the job wanted, he had just won a tv show with their brand new song and he had found someone so dear to him, he couldn't ask for more.

Music Bank was over, it was quite late when they climbed into the van to go back home. After slipping in comfortable clothes, they started preparing to celebrate their victory. The atmosphere was light and joyful.

-I can't believe it! We won! Key said cheerfully while taking out food from the fridge.

-You were more confident when we talked with Super Junior! Onew smiled as he looked for a playlist on Spotify.

-That was all an act! I was so stressed! But we've won and now it's time to have fun!

Only Minho was silent, usually, he was not very talkative but that evening he was almost mute.

-Hey Grumpy Moon, Earth is talking, we are home! Key laughed lightly

-Leave him alone! He is still shocked by our victory Jonghyun said softly

Minho sent a grateful look to Jonghyun and Key pouted. Jonghyun laughed and they left Minho alone.

It was not as if he wasn't happy, as if he didn't want to celebrate their success. He felt strange... having fun with Jonghyun was normal, having fun with Onew seemed obvious but having fun with Taemin was awkward, he was not sure to be able to have fun with the guy who broke up with him some days ago. But he couldn't stay in the hall like a statue the whole night. He got out of his daydream and collapsed on the sofa. Taemin did the same some seconds later after he had grabbed a small bottle of fruit juice from the fridge. They exchanged a quick glance, Taemin smiled shyly and Minho couldn't help but smile back.

-Hey can we play some game? Taemin suggested once he was done with his drink.

-What kind of game? Jonghyun asked

-Which one? Minho asked back

-Hm..poker?

Everyone agreed on poker except Taemin who groaned that he didn't how to play poker. 

-Play with a partner in that case. Onew adviced

Taemin nodded and picked the little case containing the cards and the chips. They sat on the living room's carpet, and Taemin sat next to Minho.

-I wanna play with Minho. Taemin muttered

Minho didn't say a word, but his heart jolted when Taemin chose him.

-Are you okay with that hyung ? Taemin asked sheepishly

-Hmm...yeah, no problem.

They began the game. Minho got nice cards: 2 kings. He put 3 cards on the middle of their circle. 3 of heart, queen of spade and 7 of spade.

His pair was not that bad but the game was not at his advantage. Jonghyun bet and then Onew. Minho followed them and put another card next to the three others. 7 of club. Taemin checked the cards and rested his elbow on Minho's shoulder before whispering:

-Hyung that's not good for you. 

Being so close, Minho could smell the fragrance of Taemin's shampoo and feel his breath on his skin but he didn't let it get to his head so he just nodded calmly. He didn't feel comfortable playing with his ex-boyfriend but he paid attention to the game to forget this annoying feeling in his heart.

Jonghyun put more chips on the carpet, Onew did as well. Minho followed and tried to bluff. He put down another card. Bingo! It was a King! Now Minho had an interesting game.

-Yes, a King! it's the third one! Taemin giggled

-Taemin! Minho covered Taemin's mouth to prevent him from talking more but it was too late.

-I fold. Jonghyun said

-I fold. Onew added

-Nooo !! Minho whined and shot a death glare at Taemin.

-Sorry hyung.. Taemin said with a little voice

Minho breathed deeply but quietly to relax and said with an emotionless voice:

-Nevermind, we won that game.

They continued to play, Taemin finally understood the rules but stayed with Minho nonetheless.

Minho was pretty lucky that evening while Onew's fortune was decreasing with each game until he lost everything.

Jonghyun and Minho were betting high amounts when Taemin whispered in Minho's ear:

-Hyung, he is lying, I don't think he really has a good game, cause he looks stressed but keeps betting.

-Hmm. that's true, we will see that...Minho murmured

He bet more and when the last card appeared Jonghyun bet more again, Minho followed him, they showed their cards, Jonghyun's smile faded, he had only a pair of 10 while his opponents had a pair of jacks. Minho smirked and Taemin shouted out. Overjoyed, Minho jumped on Taemin and engulfed him into a tight hug. 

Jonghyun pouted, he had almost lost his whole fortune so he sent a bitter look at the two guys who had collapsed on the carpet, still hugging and laughing. 

-Thanks Taemin! You really helped me!! Minho smiled as he sat up and helped Taemin do the same by pulling on his arm.

Taemin felt his heart skipping a beat when he saw his smile. He still loved Minho a lot. Even if he broke up with him, he loved him, he was just scared to be exposed to a lack of understanding. Not from his family, he was sure that his parents and his big brother would understand him regardless of his choices, but from other people. Some wouldn't understand his feelings, and he didn't want to involve Minho in such a scandal. He knew that the tall boy had a difficult life before, he didn't want to add another problem.

-Guyyyyyys ! Dinner is ready! Key shouted from the kitchen

-We're coming Kibummie ! Onew answered

-Pff! he is happy to leave the game because he has lost. Jonghyun groaned

-Whooaa..I'm so hungry, Taemin said while patting his tummy

Minho laughed quietly and everybody went to the kitchen. they sat and began to eat.

-So yummy Bummie! Onew said with a wide smile

-Thanks hyung !

Taemin was sitting in front of Minho and Minho was struggling to avoid gazing at Taemin but he was almost sure that he was looking at him, he felt a look on his forehead. That was too hard. He looked up for a second. That was a bad idea, he met his look and he just wanted to kiss him. But he just sighed lightly and looked away.

When they finished the dessert they sighed with satisfaction.

-Hey, it's not that late, we could go and have a little walk in the streets, sit in a bar or a cafe and drink something! Jonghyun proposed

-Why not! Jonghyun always has good ideas!  Onew said

They put on caps or beanies, tied scarves around their necks and got out of the flat. The streets were crowded and noisy, they made a step out of their building, hoping that no fan would recognize them. Nobody did. They walked in a big avenue. They were surprised and happy to see that nobody recognized them, that was really surprising. They were admiring a street artist who was playing guitar and singing, he was really talented and the guys were totally into his performance so when a girl standing next to them whispered "Minho?', Minho's eyes widened and he turned his head toward the girl.

~~~~Author Time ~~~~

Hey hey hey! I'm late, I know and I beg you to forgive me!! I hope this chapter pleased you! Maybe you wonder who is the girl?? hmmm....

I thank my subscribers for their support! Especially my new one Shinee4ever5! Thankssssss! °-°