Dance, Boy, dance!

What happens behind the stage...stays behind the stage

Minho sighed with relief. Onew was really good at dancing, like Taemin. He observed him closely as the older boy danced between the washing machines of the condo's laundry room. It was quite late, nobody would come to do their laundry, consequently, they had a decently sized practice room. 

- You got it? Let's do it together! Next time we do it with the choreographer, he'll be impressed by your progress!

Minho nodded eagerly and jumped from the washing machine he was sitting on but when he landed, he stumbled on a laundry basket lying around and fell on the floor like a big idiot. As he stood up, he had a strange impression that Onew's laugh was doubled with another one, less loud and further away. Vexed but intrigued, he identified the laughter's source. It came from the door! He rushed to the door and opened it brutally.

Taemin stood there and as soon as he saw Minho's face, his laugh died and he hastily stuck his hand on his mouth.

-Ho...erm hello hyung !!

-What are you doing here!?

-Nothing! I just wondered why you were going to the laundry room so late!

-And that's why you're just spying on us like a creep?

-I... I... it's just that...

Awkward Taemin was back. Minho ran out of patience and he pinned him against the wall in a fit of anger. They were so close, Taemin's breath became faster than as usual.

- Just explain yourself! Minho growled. 

"Man, it's awkward." Taemin thought.

-Don't tell Kibum and Jonghyun or you'll pay it!! I'm enough ashamed to be a bad dancer these days...

-Don't blame yourseIf.. . You weren't feeling well...a-and I doubt they would make fun of you...

-Oh gosh, you don't understand anything. I don't fear they'll make fun of me, I just don't want you to pity me, neither do I want Kibum, Jonghyun to do so! In our field, we can't afford to be weak! We gotta be perfect or we will get squashed like bugs by other rookie groups! So keep quiet okay? 

Taemin was so shocked by Minho's reaction, he simply nodded. Minho let go of Taemin who swiftly ran away back to their little flat.

"I can't stand him!"  Minho thought.

In the laundry room, Onew was waiting for him with his arms crossed, yet he didn't look angry with his outburst, he was simply waiting.

- He's just a kid. He was just curious... yet you had to get angry... you're just a kid too Minho, don't put so much pressure on yourself. If this goes on, he'll really think you hate him.

Minho shrugged and turned the music on to rehearse the choreography. Though he was focused on his moves, dancing also allowed him to reflect on what had happened.

The maknae's curiosity wasn't the only reason he didn't like Taemin much. Being forced to hug him hundreds of time on stage, acting like "best friends or more" despite the awkwardness because it was fake, because they were two men, because millions of fans looked at them had moved the two bandmates apart. Minho wanted to be away from the young boy as much as possible at home. Yet Taemin seemed to seek his company and his friendship no matter if they were on stage or at home and it only irritated the tall boy all the more.

Usually, they had a few hours to get some sleep before starting a new day but with their impromptu dance practice, Jinki and Minho had lost some precious hours of rest so they decided to call it a day and head to bed. Minho was exhausted but happy.

-Thank you so much Jinki! You really helped me.

-No problem! You've done a great job! You'll do just fine with the choreo!

-Thanks!

They quickly took a shower and went to their dorm. He climbed the ladder leading to his bed and let his head fall on his pillow. But something was crunching under his head. It was a piece of paper. He picked it and read :

"Hyung, don't be angry with me. I'm sorry to have spied on you and jinki. I'm sorry if I hurt you, don't be angry, Hm? Taemin ."

Minho smiled a bit but he felt upset too. This childish boy was annoying. So cute, sticky like a chewing-gum, always polite and mannerly, so gentle. Really different from him. He bet people liked him more than him. After all, he was a great dancer and he was cute, he had more lines than him. He fell asleep feeling a bit depressed.

The following morning, the tall boy woke up the last as usual, he felt better but he didn't feel like talking. His mates told him "good morning" but he didn't answer.

-Good morning hyung!!

His voice. The voice of the annoying and cute chewing-gum.

He didn't answer as well and passed next to the cute boy. He sat on a stool and ate silently without a look for his friends. The other boys knew that Minho was terribly grumpy in the morning and no one dared to talk to him. No one but a reckless boy called...Taemin. 

-Hey hyung, You should drink banana milk, it would wake you up! Wanna have some? He giggled

-...

The other boys were making signs to keep Taemin quiet, but he didn't saw them and the unavoidable happened. He kept on babbling, and he babbled and babbled until Minho couldn't stand it anymore.

-Hey Taemin, can I say something? said Minho.

-Hm?

-Shut your damn mouth for a minute.

Taemin wasn't used to anybody talking to him like that, especially Minho who was usually composed and quiet. Tears welled up in his eyes, he said nothing but ran away to the bathroom.

-Man! Did you have to be so harsh?! You know that our Taemin is sensitive ! Jonghyun exclaimed.

-I'm peacefully eating and this kid is telling me his life! He never knows when to shut up, Minho grumbled.

The bitterness and jealousy he had felt before falling asleep were back. But just after, he felt a bit guilty, he knew that Taemin would be hurt, but he chased away this thought from his mind.

They didn't answer, they knew that Minho wouldn't be able to talk until he would be completely awake. Onew, Key and Jonghyun went to seeTaemin to comfort him and Minho finished his breakfast alone. once he was done, he let his bowl and spoon in the sink and opened his laptop.

He began to write an e-mail for his mother but it was time to go to an interview and he let his laptop in the kitchen. That day, their schedule was really heavy and they didn't have time to spend in their flat. Minho felt grumpy all day, he just looked cheerful whenever a camera was on him, because he had to, but once it ended, his gloomy face was back. Taemin stayed far from him and his smile was an artificial smile. But in fact, all the SHINee's members had artificial faces and smiles. It wasn't a lovely day for the 5 boys.

 ------------- Author Time --------------

Hey! this is the end of the chapter 3! I know it's not really happy and lovely with flowers and little squirrels but all is in my fic's title!! I hope it's not too boring ?! ^^