Chapter 8

Live

Six months had passed. Every free second Kris had, he was with Krystal. Kage noticed how close the two had gotten and it troubled her. But it’s not like she could do anything about it. Kris still didn’t remember her. To him, she was just a good friend who he could count on if he needed anything. Each day she saw him, with Krystal, a stabbing pain would enter her chest. He was moving on. The man who she loved was falling for another. It was killing her but all she could do was stand and watch.

                Kage entered the SM building. She had some mail for Kris that she had found in her closet. He would always dump everything in her closet, which annoyed her before, but now she missed it. Kage walked up the stairs and opened the door to the dance room. Her jaw dropped as did the letters in her hand.

                Kris and Krystal were in the middle of the room, hands intertwined in each other’s hair. Their lips were pressed against each other in a passionate kiss. Kage just stared. A flash of sheer pain burst into her chest and she stumbled backwards, running into the doorpost. Kris looked up and saw her. They stared at each other, eyes filled with shock. Kage turned around and ran.