Chapter 7

Live

Kris looked up and grinned as he saw Krystal walk into the dance room. Krystal had been there to help him since he got out of the hospital, informing him of all the things he had missed. He had asked her once about Kage. Kris was initially attracted to Kage. She was beautiful and incredibly sweet towards him. But Krystal had told him that she had a boyfriend overseas, causing him to back off. That’s when he started to notice Krystal. She was a pretty girl and a playful little maknae. Kris had known her for years but he never made a move on her. Kris wondered why….

                “Hey Kris” she said, grinning back at him.

                “Hey” he replied, “What’s up?”

                “Kris…I have a favor to ask of you. I’m supposed to be doing a dance with Taemin for the SM show next week but he isn’t here and I don’t have anyone to practice with. So….I was wondering…if maybe you would practice with me?” she asked, batting her eyelashes.

                Kris smiled, “Of course I’ll help you. The song is Doo Bop, right? Okay, let me play the song and then we can commence the practice.” Kris changed the song and turned around to face Krystal. “Are you ready?”

                “Ready when you are,” she replied.

                It was an upbeat song, with a slightly dirty tone to it. It was perfect, Krystal thought. Their bodies were dangerously close, heat radiating between them. Skin made contact, glistening with sweat. The air was hot and heavy. Bodies intertwined, in sync with the music and each other. The pace of the dance picked up and slowed down almost instantly, finally leaving Kris and Krystal face-to-face, inches away from each other. Their chests heaved as they breathed in an out, staring at each other. Kris finally stepped back. Silence hung in the air. A slow smile crept into both their faces.

                “Well,” Kris said, breathing heavily, “I guess I’ll see you later”

                “Okay see ya.” Krystal watched as Kris left and smiled. She was on her way.