Chapter 14

Live

It had been two months since she passed away. Kris visited her grave every single day. He didn’t talk to anyone. He barely ate. He always sat quietly in front of her tombstone and watched the clouds above. The other EXO members were worried about him, but there was nothing they could do. Kris had brought dark blue flowers this time. He set them down gently in front of the tombstone and sat down, facing it. He remembered that day last summer when they went to the tiny flower shop on the outskirts of Seoul. She had gone around gaping at everything. And then she saw the dark blue flowers. He had laughed at her as she got excited. She had never seen dark blue flowers like these before. He had found her awe to be incredibly cute that he even about it. But she wouldn’t let him buy them for her. She said she didn’t need them. They would just die. Besides, they looked prettier in the flower shop with all the other ones.  Now the flowers were here, in front of her grave.

“Um, excuse me” Kris heard a voice behind him. He turned around. A young boy stood there looking at Kris. “Um, are you Kris?” Kris just nodded. “Well this is for you.” The boy held out a letter to him. “The lady asked me to find you and then give this two you after two months.” Kris looked at him, confused. He took the letter out of his hand.

“Thanks” he managed to mutter as the boy turned around and scurried away.

Kris looked at the envelope and blinked. His name was on it. But that handwriting…it was unmistakable. Kage wrote this. Kris ripped open the envelope and pulled out the letter. He slowly unfolded it. Kris read it. Read it once. Twice. Thrice. Tears started to fall from his eyes and he started crying. He missed her so much. And now this letter. Kris read it once more. He looked up at the sky above, the sun shining in his face. 

“Okay, baby. I will”

“To Kris:

I don’t know if you remember me or not. You probably still don’t. Not that it would matter if you did. I am gone. I’m not returning. It hurts too much to see you again. But please, don’t be upset by it. After all, it was you who saved me.

I never told you this. It was a cloudy morning. It wasn’t unusual for me to wake up crying. But this time I was silent. There was something in my mind I felt I had to. I was going to the hardware store. I was going to get some tools; tools to assist me in taking my own life. I was lonely. Every day I lived without anyone who loved me or who I could love. And then I ran into you that day on the corner of the street. It was you who kept me alive that day. It’s because of you that I’m alive today.

Kris, you made me so happy. You reminded me what it was like to smile again. To laugh. You gave me strength when I was weak, comfort when I was crying. It was you who was by my side. It was you who made me happy.

You taught me how to love again.

You deserve happiness Kris. And I can no longer give you that. I’ll never forget you. You have done so much for me, given so much to me. Please, don’t worry about me. I am happy when you’re happy.

Live a long life Kris. Live happily. Fill your life with good people. With joy and laughter.

Live, baby. Live.