Chapter 4

Live

Kage drove silently in the dark towards the SM building. She didn’t know where else to go. After she and Kris had started dating, he had introduced Kage to all the other members of EXO. They had become instant friends, the first friends Kage had in a long time. They were just so loveable. She became like their older sister, always nagging them and doting on them and feeding them ramen.

                Kage walked silently into the dancing studio. She leaned against the wall and watched the boys dance as WOLF played in the background. Her eyes followed the empty spot where Kris would usually be among the complex structure of sweaty boys. The song ended and the boys walked towards the wall of water bottles when Xiumin looked up and saw Kage.

                “KAGEEYYYY” he yelled happily and ran towards her. The rest of EXO followed him, all circling around her, jumping up and down in excitement.

                “Kagey, Kris woke up today! He’s still in the hospital we’re gonna go see him now, wanna come with us? Huh? Huh?” asked Xiumin, bouncing up and down. The boys were crowding around her, all smiling and looking at her expectantly.

                “I already,” Kage’s voice cracked, “I already went to see him.” Her quiet tone quickly hushed the boys. They all stared at her. No one had ever seen her like this. It was evident that she was trying hard not to cry.

                “Kagey,” Tao whispered, “what’s wrong?”

                Kage took a shaky breath, trying to push back the tears. “I went to go see him but…he doesn’t remember me…the doctor said he has amnesia.”

                The room was dead quiet. No one knew what to say or how to address the issue at hand. All they could do is stare in shock at Kage as she struggled to contain her emotions.

                “I…I don’t know what to do…he didn’t even recognize me…I’m completely lost, I just…” her voice drifted. Suddenly, Chanyeol broke ranks and stepped forward. He wrapped his arms around her and held her as tears started to slide down her cheeks. The rest of the boys reached out and wrapped their arms around her in a big group hug.

                “It’s okay, Noona,” Chanyeol whispered, “We will do whatever it takes to make sure Kris remembers you. He has to. He loves you too much.”

                Krystal stood at the entrance of the room, watching the scene before her, her figure hidden by shadows. She had a smile on her face. Kris didn’t remember Kage. Perfect. Krystal leaned back against the door post and grinned. She had always been attracted to Kris and she knew he was attracted to her. That was until he met Kage. He only saw her as a dongsaeng after that. But now she had a chance. A chance to make Kris her own.

                Miles away, Kris sat in his hospital bed, wondering when he would get his kimchi spaghetti. He tried to focus on other things than his grumbling belly. An image of the girl from earlier that day flashed in his mind. She was a peculiar girl, acting as if though he should recognize her. Kris racked his brain trying to revive some kind of memory of her. He came up with nothing.