Intro

Live

Kris leaned back and stared and at the letter. It had taken him time to perfect it, each detail pouring out from his heart. His eyes shifted to the box next to it. It was time. He folded the paper and then gently placed it inside his coat along with the box. He closed his eyes, his thought drifting to two nights ago….

The door slammed shut, leaving the room completely quiet. The air was still and full of regrets. Shattered china scattered the floor. The curtains were ripped. Chairs were toppled over on the broken glass that covered floor. In the middle of the chaotic scene, Kris sat on the floor, head in hands, tears falling silently down his cheeks. He had been just as shocked as she was by the words that left their mouths. Words full of hatred. He shivered as he remembered the pain creep into her face, her tear filled eyes staring at him in disbelief. The initial reason for the fight was long forgotten, but the fight itself was unforgettable. The words kept ringing in his ears. “I hate you”. In the heat of the argument those word were exchanged. He didn’t mean the words he had said and he was sure she hadn’t either. But they were said. And now she was gone and he was left there in the quiet room. Kris slowly rose to his feet. His head had been swirling with ways to ask for her forgiveness. He couldn’t just walk away from her. He loved her. There was one lingering idea that filled his thoughts. Yes…yes, it was the only way ….the only way he could tell her how he truly felt about her….

Kris put his coat on and walked outside. A cold wind swirled around him, tussling his golden hair. He took a deep breath. He was going to do it. His face broke into a smile as he walked towards his car. He was excited. Kris got into the car and started driving towards her hotel. He reached a stoplight and leaned back against the seat. He could feel the box resting on his chest, close to his heart. Kris smiled. He was ready. The light turned green and Kris pressed the gas. Suddenly, the screech of tires grasping at concrete came from the left. Kris looked out his window. A blue Honda was hurling towards him. There was a loud crash followed by a flash of searing pain. And then there was nothing. Nothing.