-25-

Love Recipe

  You didn’t know exactly what you were feeling about L. Joe. In fact, you don’t even know whether you liked him or not. Sure, he was nice to you after that day when everyone told you he liked you. L. Joe said he wasn’t sure but that wasn’t the case.

  L. Joe actually did like you but didn’t want to admit it because he was afraid of your reaction. He didn’t want your relationship with him change even though you two would fight a lot. He didn’t care because it was better that way rather than be all lovey-dovey or awkward.

  It has been a month since that day occurred and everyone was getting ready for the ball with Woolim High and Top High. The relationship between the two improved ever since they finally realized they were working together in that one strange goal for L. Joe to realize his feelings.

  Infinite and Teen Top spent time together over those months, but of course there were a few awkward moments because they’ve only started to get along a month ago. However once things settle, it’ll seem like they’ve known each other for years.

  During class, everyone was talking about the dance. Everyone had chosen their dress and had a date except for you. You weren’t planning on going, but apparently Hana bought an extra ticket for you, expecting you to go.

  “What?! Why aren’t you going?” Hana yelled when she discovered you weren’t prepared.

  “I wasn’t planning on going. Plus, I don’t even have a dress,” you explained.

  She pouted. “L. Joe’s going and he’ll be devastated when he finds out you’re not going.”

  At his name you blushed. “I don’t care,” you muttered under your breath, but your heart was saying otherwise.

  She grinned and nudged you. “Oh, yes you do! You really do care! Aw look you’re as red as a tomato!”

  “Stop! I’m not!”

  She continued to tease you until you saw Niel, Chunji, and L. Joe entering the classroom. Hana walked to her desk with a creepy expression.

  You just pout and stared out the window, not paying attention to anything else but outside. You glanced at L. Joe and found him staring at you. When your gazes met, you two looked away, cheeks burning. Aish! I don’t care about him! I’m not going to the dance!

  The whole day you tried explaining to everyone you weren’t going to the dance and everyone tried convincing you to go. They all wanted you to be with L. Joe at the dance. They just wanted to see something romantic happen! Changjo and Hana had their moment but you and L. Joe haven’t.

  By the end of the day, the last people who were trying to get you to go were Hana, Niel, and Ricky; the three persistent members.

  “AH! Belle! You need to go!” Ricky exclaimed while shaking your shoulders.

  “No!” I answered with a pout.

  “It’ll be fun! And you’re going to look so pretty with a dress!” Niel stated. “I mean, I have never seen you in a dress.”

  Hana sneered. “ert.”

  “I didn’t mean it like that!”

  “Sure. But anyway Belle, you should go! There’s going to be music, dances, and food!”

  *Food? How come nobody mentioned about food?* “Food?” Your eyes sparkled at the idea.

  They all looked at you funny because you were more concerned about the food rather than having actual fun. But they went with it.

  “Yupp! Lots and lots of food! All you can eat!” Ricky explained.

  “I’m going!”

  They all face palm before looking at each other. All their expressions said, ‘What are we going to do with her.’

  You weren’t paying attention to them as you were in your own world. *Hehe… I wonder what kind of there are. I hope there’s cupcakes, ice cream, chips, and maybe even macaroni! Mm… I’m craving for macaroni now…*

  “Oh! But what are we going to do about your clothes?” Hana asked.

  “Oh…” You thought for a moment until you realized you had a certain person’s number on your contacts. “I’ll call Flower Boy!” You took out your phone and was ready to dial his number until you heard L. Joe coming up to you guys.

  “So are you coming?” He asked you.

  You froze and slowly nodded your head.

  He smiled weakly as his lips were trembling. He had mixed feelings about that idea. *She’s going to act like an idiot there and what if she starts yelling at me for no reason? But then what if everything gets awkward? Aish…* “Well, I’ll see you soon. You are going to be my date, right?”

  You blinked for a moment. *Date? What?* “D-date? Who said I was going to be y-your d-date?” You didn’t know why you were stuttering, but your heart just wouldn’t calm down.

  This time he smirked. “Ha. I was just kidding. Who would be your date?”

  You glared at him. “Idiot!”

  He turned to leave. “Well, good bye! I’ll see you tonight, Cupcake,” L. Joe teased.

  You were going to yell at him, but you held it in as he retreated without looking at you. *Aish! How dare he call me Cupcake! I am no type of food! I eat the food! I am not one!* “Hmph!”

  It was time to call Sungjong.