-21-

Love Recipe

  L had taken to you to the park. He didn’t know what to say because he didn’t feel like explaining if he had to, so he kept quiet. He looked around, wondering where Infinite was but couldn’t find them. He knows they are there somewhere. But where is L. Joe? L shrugged it off and turned to you.

  “Can I go home now?” You asked, tired. You yawned.

  L grinned. “Not yet.”

  You pouted. *Ugh… It’s a Saturday. I want to go home…* You fiddled with your fingers as you got bored. “When can we go?”

  “Later.”

  “How long is later?”

  “Whenever I say so.”

  “Can you say so now?”

  L was getting annoyed like always. For some reason, he thinks you like to annoy him. He doesn’t know why but that’s how he felt. But in fact, it was the opposite. You just wanted to go home and wanted to talk. You didn’t know what to say so you just asked questions for him to answer.

  “What time is it?”

  “I don’t know.” L continued walking down the path of the park trail.

  “What time was it when we left the store? I’m sure there was a clock there.” You looked up at the sky and noticed the sky was still bright and blue. “Maybe it’s about two o’clock, don’t you think?”

  “Yeah…” He grumbled. *I think I should just call out the signal right now…*

  “What’s your real name?” You asked innocently. Could his name really be L? *L is a cool name, like in Death Note, but why would his parents name him L? It’s so weird and different!*

  “Myungsoo.” He simply stated.

  “Myung- what?”

  “Myungsoo!”

  “Monsoon?”

  “Aish!” He flung his arms around. *This girl is helpless.* “Forget it.”

  You pouted. *Did I do something bad?* Your eyes widened as you feared that he hated you. You panicked. “Do you hate me?!” You exclaimed, tears already forming in your eyes.

  L turned to you and jumped. He couldn’t believe you were crying already! His eye and mouth twitched as he began explaining. “I don’t hate you…” He sighed through his nose. “I don’t think anybody hates you.” *But they think you’re annoying…* He added in his head, knowing you would start bawling if he added that.

  You sniffled and wiped your tears.

  “You look ugly when you cry.” It was not L’s voice, but L. Joe’s.

  You turned to him, annoyed. “What are you doing here?!” You shouted at him.

  L stared at him with a bland expression. *My plan is ruined! Stupid girl for crying for no apparent reason! Aish!*

  L. Joe turned to L. “You know it’s not good to make a girl cry.”

  He rolled his eyes. *It wasn’t even my fault. I don’t even know why she was crying…* Instead of saying that, he smirked. “Fine. Why don’t you make her feel better? There’s still some spare time for you to take her to places. After all, I do know you like her.”

  L. Joe’s eyes widened and so does yours.

  *Pink? Liking me?* “That’s a big joke!” You exclaimed. You’ve always felt like you two were enemies, not lovers. You sneered at him. “He’s always mean to me! Why would he like me?!” You whined like a child. “He’s a big, fat meanie head!”

  “Yah! I’m not a big, fat meanie head! You’re just sensitive!”

  You stuck your tongue out at him. “Meanie!”

  “Aish!”

  L snickered. “While you two bicker like a married couple, I’ll just head home.” He started walking off.

  “Yah! I’m not done talking to you!” L. Joe raised a fist while shouting at him.

  L waved a hand without turning back and fled the scene.

  L. Joe began trembling in anger. He took a deep breath and turned to you.

  You were pouting your lips while crossing your arms across your chest like a little child. *This isn’t fair! Why does he have to show up at this time! I was doing fine without him!* You continued to complain in your head, forgetting L. Joe was there. Soon, you spoke your mind, “I could just leave right now and sleep!”

  “Yah! You’re stuck with me now, so deal with it!” L. Joe exclaimed, feeling no love. He sneered. *Why does a girl like her have to exist, and why did I just say that?! I could just leave her right now and go home! Wait, why did I come here in the first place?!* He scratched his head and took another deep breath. *This is going to be a long day…*

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

  As L escaped the two, he met with the rest of Infinite who were hiding behind bushes. When he came near them, he sighed. “Well, the plan didn’t work, but L. Joe came in the end.” He stated.

  Sungyeol snickered. “That boy surely gets jealous easily.”

  Woohyun chuckled. “It’s obvious he likes her.”

  “But they’re both denying it,” Sungjong added, being the most observant one in the group.

  “They’re both airheads then.” Sunggyu stated.

  “But why did he appear so suddenly! I was looking forward in doing our plan!” Dongwoo complained. The whole reason why he came with them was to go with the plan, but no. It was all ruined when L. Joe appeared at the wrong time.

  Hoya shook his head and patted his friend’s back. “There’s always next time.”

  “Ah! Whatever. I’m going home,” Dongwoo stuffed his hands in his pocket and walked off.

  Sungjong yawned and stretched. “I think I’m going home, too. That Belle girl is a handful. She made me wake up early for no reason and her fashion sense is terrible! MY eyes and head were hurting because of it! I need some rest. Good bye!” With a single wave, he left.

  Hoya and Sunggyu followed, having their own explanation.

  Now all that was left were Sungyeol, L, and Woohyun.

  “I want to stay and see what happens,” Sungyeol said with a wry smile. He could feel that things would get interesting soon. He didn’t want to miss out on that!

  L shrugged. “I don’t care what I’m going to do, but I have nothing to do at home. I’ll just stick with you.”

  “Same for me.” Woohyun stated. “Let’s see what’s next.”

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

  After a long while of saying nothing, L. Joe groaned and took your arm. “Let’s go. I don’t want to stay here…” While dragging you away, you tried jerking out of his grasp.

  “I don’t want to go with you!” You whined while tugging your arm. “You’re a big, fat, meanie!”

  “Aish! And you’re a little, annoying brat!” His grip on you got tighter the more annoyed he got. He didn’t want to let you go for the fear of getting hit by you.

  “You’re a Pink Dinosaur!” You screamed.

  “And you’re an airhead!”

  “My head is not full of air! It’s filled with bones, my brain, and…” You didn’t know what else to add.

  L. Joe rolled his eyes and shook his head. *This girl…*

  “Where are you taking me?!”

  “Stop shouting!” He covered one of his ears with his free hand. “I’m taking you somewhere.”

  “I don’t want to go with you!”

  He stopped and forced you to look at him. “How come you’re the only girl that isn’t flattered to be with me? I mean, almost everyone wants to be with me, but not you. Why?” L. Joe questioned while keeping his voice low, but with a tint of annoyance.

  You opened your mouth, but no words came out. Why was it so hard to speak your mind now? Why won’t words come out at a time like this? You closed your mouth and stared at the ground, blushing like crazy. You slapped your cheek, feeling them starting to burn. You shut your eyes tight and shouted, “Why is it so hot?!”

  L. Joe raised his eyebrows. *What?* “What?”

  You looked up at him, cheeks flushed.

  He blushed as your innocent eyes stared back at him.

  “I don’t know why I hate you, but I do!”

  L. Joe tilted his head in confusion. His heart was beating hard and loud in his chest. He wasn’t sure why, but his cheeks were starting to burn even more as your eyes kept gazing on his. *What is with this girl?!* “Hmph!” He turned his head away, avoiding you. “You’re very strange. Everyone loves me…” His voice trailed. *Except for you.*

  You sneered. “Well, I’m different! You have to deal with that!” You stomped past him.

  This caused his to tease you. “Geez, I can feel the ground shaking! How much do you weight?”

  You spun around, now with rage. “I’m not fat! You fattie!”

  “I’m not a fattie! Look who’s talking! At the sports festival, you chose to do the bread eating contest.”

  “And others!” You defended yourself.

  “Yeah two others.”

  “Aish! I’m done arguing with you!” You spun around once again and walked off.

  L. Joe followed you, still not done talking to you. “And I don’t understand you! Why do you take everything so seriously! It’s obvious we’re joking, but no! You take everything so seriously! It’s so annoying.”

  You were getting frustrated to where you were about to cry. With tears welling up, you turned to him and puffed your cheeks. “Well, if you hate me so much, then why don’t you just leave me alone?! Why don’t you just live your miserable life by yourself! I don’t need you!” With those words, you ran away from him. The tears could no longer be held.

  L. Joe froze on the spot. He knew what he said was a big mistake, but he couldn’t take it all back. His guilt built up in him and he felt stupid. What the hell was he thinking? Why did he suddenly make that outburst? Now, you definitely hated him! He slapped a hand on his face and kicked the ground. *I’m such an idiot…*

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

  *That idiot.* L thought as he saw the scene.

  “That damn, L. Joe! He’s so stupid! How could he just hurt a girl like that?!” Sungyeol explained as if he knew everything about girls. “How does he not know how to speak to a girl?!”

  Woohyun scratched the back of his head. “This is why I do not want to be involved with love life.”

  “Heh. Wait until you actually fall in love.”

  He glared at him.

  Sungyeol whistled and looked away.

  L kept silent as he watched L. Joe just standing there. *This is his problem to handle. I’m not going to help him. He has to figure out what he has to do to make her come back to him.* He made a wry smile. *But maybe I should interfere a little bit.* “Sungjong has Belle’s number right?”

  “Uh, yeah.” Sungyeol answered. “Why?”

  He shook his head. “Oh nothing.”

  “You have a plan don’t you?” Woohyun asked.

  L didn’t answer but rubbed his chin. *You better watch out L. Joe. Who knows what I’ll do with Belle while she’s mad at you.*