-20-

Love Recipe

  It was Saturday; the day you would sleep in. In fact, you did sleep in until you heard your phone constantly ringing. You groaned and rolled around on your bed until you fell off. “Ugh…” You sat up with your hair tangled and in a mess. Your ears were ringing but you didn’t know why. Oh yeah, it was your phone.

  You grabbed it from your bedside table and answered it, “Hello?” You rubbed your eyes and yawned.

  “YAH! DID YOU FORGET WHAT TODAY IS?!” A voice shouted in your ear.

  You had no reaction to it. “What?”

  “Did you forget you have a date with L today and I’m supposed to prep you up for it!”

  “Who’s this again?” You asked, still half asleep.

  “Sungjong! Flower boy! Whatever you want to call me! Just get over here before it’s too late! L is waiting for you! I don’t even have time to fix you up anymore!”

  “Okay…”

  “Aish!” He hung up on you.

  You sluggishly got up and went to your closet, picking the first thing you would see despite the fact that they would go together. Then, you went to your bathroom to get ready.

_______

  *Aish… This girl! I knew she would forget! I knew she would be late! I should’ve waited a bit longer! I could’ve slept till eleven o’clock and have time to spare!* L. Joe complained in his head as he paced back and forth across the street from the café. He could see Sungjong and L in the distance, sitting at a table with an irritated look. Apparently L. Joe wasn’t the only one annoyed at this moment.

  He checked his wrist watched and threw his hands in the air. “It’s already one o’clock! What is taking her so long?!” His pacing went faster and faster with each second. He was irritated because he had to wake up at eight in the morning, thinking whether he should go or not. Now he regretted going.

  He looked back and saw you entering the café wearing the most disgusting thing he has ever seen. “What the hell is she wearing?!” He shook his head, but didn’t step any closer to the café. After all, he was going under cover.

________

  On the other hand, Infinite was waiting in the alleyway near L. Joe. They had came earlier, knowing L. Joe would come around the time the date would start, but they didn’t know you would be this late! They were getting impatient and bored.

  Woohyun heaved a sigh. “What is taking that girl so long?”

  “I don’t know this girl! Why am I here?!” Dongwoo complained.

  Sungyeol scratched his head. “She must have forgotten.”

  “Well, I’m leaving.” Dongwoo was about to get out until Hoya pulled him back.

  “L. Joe is right there!” He snapped, “If you want to get caught, then go ahead, but then he will figure out something is up. I mean, you’re coming out of an alleyway! That’s not suspicious at all!”

  “Ah! Okay, I’ll stay, but if that girl doesn’t come any minute, I don’t care if I blow everyone’s cover.” Dongwoo sat down, arms crossed over his chest.

  Sunggyu sighed and shook his head. He took a glance at the café and found you entering. “Look! She’s here!”

  “Finally!” Dongwoo got up and grinned.

  “Okay, okay. Let’s calm down and wait for our signal.” Sungyeol said.

  “That’s not going to be until later. L wants to take her to places first,” Woohyun stated.

  He nodded. “Either way, we have to wait for the signal.”

_________

  You entered the café and found Sungjong and L sitting together. When Sungjong spotted you, he felt like gagging. *What is this girl wearing?!*

  You were wearing a orange and brown sweater with bright pink pants. It did not match at all, but no one who passed by you said anything except for Sungjong. “Uhm… Belle, what are you wearing?” He asked as calmly as he could.

  “I just threw on whatever was in my closet.” You said innocently while batting your eyes.

  He face palmed himself. This was why he came so he could do a whole make over on you. “Uhm… How about we either change the shirt or pants. My treat.” He said.

  “Uh…” You stared at the two before you and heard your stomach grumble.

  L chuckled. “Let her eat first, she’s hungry.”

  Sungjong scowled. *I can’t stand looking at her while wearing those clothes! I really need to do something about her fashion sense.* With a twitching eye, he nodded and obeyed L’s “orders.”

  After eating, Sungjong got up and grabbed your arm. “I have decided that I will change your shirt while you keep those pants. Those pants can work with something compared to that hideous sweater you’re wearing!” He exclaimed and ran out without waiting for L.

  L smoothly got up with a smirk on his face. He stuffed his hands in his pocket and walked behind you two.

  Sungjong took you into a clothing store and immediately grabbed shirts for you to try on. He took about ten and shoved you into the dressing room with a huge smile on his face. He was quite proud of what he was doing.

  “What did you make her wear?” L asked as he finally caught up to them.

  “Something.” He said and waited for her. “Well actually, I took several clothes, but she’ll have to pick one.”

  You tried on every shirt he gave you, but didn’t like most of them. They weren’t to your taste except of the colorful splattered shirt. You smiled and jumped up and down as you wore it. You stepped out of the dressing room and turned in a circle. “What about this one?”

  Sungjong nodded in approval. “Whatever I pick will look good!”

  L just shrugged since he didn’t care what people wore.

  “Okay! Let’s go!” You were about to walk out of the store.

  Sungjong panicked. “Wait! You need to pay for it first!” He grabbed your arm and pushed you back into the changing room so he could pay for it.

  L shook his head and sighed. *This is going to be a long day…*

_________

  L. Joe was watching them, pretending to look for clothes. He had taken a pair of sunglasses and a hat and wore them, tag still on. The sunglasses tag was bothering him but he ignored it since he was too busy watching the trio, worried out of his mind.

  *Look at how L is looking at her! Stop staring!* He made a face and clenched his fist.

  “Do you need help looking for anything?” A worker asked.

  He jumped and quickly took off his “disguise” before turning around and smiling. “No. I’m fine.”

  She bowed and walked off.

  When he turned around, he saw you step out while wearing a splattered shirt. He sneered. *Of course she would pick that… I bet she loves colorful things…* He rolled his eyes and continued watching.

_______

  Infinite was outside, still bored out of their minds.

  “How much longer!” Dongwoo complained. “I want to go home…”

  “Just wait!” Sungyeol scolded.

  “Why do all of us have to be here anyways?”

  “L wanted us to.”

  Dongwoo groaned.

  “Oh look! They’re coming!” Hoya exclaimed.

  They watched the trio.

  Sungjong was in front of L and you. He bowed and waved, saying goodbye. Before he left, he looked around and spotted Infinite in the distance. He came up to them and groaned. “I had a major fashion crisis! I’m glad I decided to come and help that poor girl out!” He exclaimed. “Okay, L is going to take her to the park and that’s when we take him away.”

  Infinite nodded.

  “Finally! Something is going to happen!” Dongwoo exclaimed.

  “Sh!” Woohyun placed a hand over his mouth and pointed with the other. “L. Joe is right there!”

  They stared at him and waited until he was out of sight.

  Dongwoo bit Woohyun’s hand.

  “Hey!”

  He grinned while rubbing his hands together. “Time to make things interesting. Hehehe.”

  They stared at Dongwoo with a weird look.

  *This guy is weird.* Sunggyu thought before waling off.

  *Aish…* Woohyun shook his head and followed behind.

  Sungyeol and Sungjong didn’t say anything and walked away.

  Hoya was the last to stay before shaking his head. *Oh well. I should leave him like that.* With that thought, he left him alone.

  Realizing they all left, he returned to his normal self. “Hey guys! Wait!” He ran after them and caught up. Dongwoo didn’t say a word until they were finally at the park.