-19-

Love Recipe

  You were walking home with Hana by your side, sulking. You hated the fact that you’ll be going with Pink to the dance. You were thinking about not going at all and if you were going, you wanted to ask someone else, not Pink.

  Hana on the other hand, was skipping merrily, happy about the fact she would be going with Changjo. If it weren’t for you, she would never get the chance to be with him!

  “Oo! Someone is happy!” You teased while nudging her on the arm.

  Usually she would be mad at you and deny it, but this time she didn’t say anything which surprised you.

  “Ah! So it’s true! If it weren’t for me, you would have never had a chance to go with him!”

  “I-I know and I’m glad you did it.” She giggled.

  You giggled with her and continued talking till you reached home.

  “I’ll see you tomorrow.” Hana said as you two were at your doorstep.

  “You don’t want to come inside? I think Oppa made something good for dinner.” You asked, not wanting her to leave. She was practically your best friend!

  She shook her head. “I’m fine.”

  “Okay, I’ll see you tomorrow.”

  Hana bowed and walked off.

  You waved her goodbye and went inside, going straight to your room. You realized Jiyong wasn’t home at the moment but wasn’t sure why. It didn’t matter since he usually comes in late sometimes.

  Once at your room, you sat on your bed and started doing homework. In the middle of a math problem, your phone began to ring. Without looking at the caller ID, you answered it. “Hello?”

  “Belle!” It was L. Joe.

  You sneered. “What do you want?” *I still can’t believe I’m going to the dance with him! I wasn’t planning on going with anyone! Stupid Pink!*

  “You better not go on that date with L! I’m not going to allow it!” He yelled on the other line.

  “You’re not my mother!” You yelled back like a little kid who was having a tantrum. *I am going to that ‘date’ with him no matter what. Wait! He called it a date, didn’t he? WAIT! Was that what L said? AH! I can’t remember!* You scratched your head in frustration and shut of your phone as you began to think.

  A couple of seconds later, your phone rang again and your answered it. Before you could say anything, L. Joe’s voice screamed, “Why do you always do that?!”

  “Do what?” You asked innocently.

  “Oh my god! Never mind!” He groaned and took a deep breath. “I just… I don’t want you to go. He’s dangerous.”

  “He doesn’t seem like it.”

  “It’s because you don’t know him.”

  “No! You don’t know him! I’m sure he’s a better guy than you! I bet he wouldn’t force me to go with him at the dance! And I bet he wouldn’t yell at me all the time!” You shouted and ended the call with a pout. *Hm! He’s a meanie!*

  Again, a call came again, but you didn’t answer it. Soon a text came.

  You groaned and looked at it. It wasn’t Pink, but someone else.

  Hey! – Sungjong

  Your eyes widened. *Who’s this?!* You had forgotten who Sungjong was. Who are you? – Belle You text back.

  You forgot already? I’m Sungjong. The boy you met at the park. The boy who had your phone and you had mine. Remember me? – Sungjong

  It sparked in your brain, but you had forgotten his name. You just remembered how sparkly he was. Oh! Flower boy! – Belle

  Uh… Yeah. That’s me… So uhm, I was thinking if we can meet on Saturday before your big DATE :P – Sungjong

  He was teasing you, but you didn’t know it. In fact, you were serious. Ok. What time? – Belle

  I’ll see you at the café? – Sungjong

  Sure – Belle

  Alright see you then :) – Sungjong

  Bye – Belle

  You put down your phone and continued your homework until a call came in. “AH! What is it now?!” You screamed. “Hello?” You were half annoyed.

  “Belle. I’m sorry.” It was Pink again. He was taking a long time whether to call you back or not to say sorry, but he had made his decision. He was going crazy earlier.

  You sneered. “I don’t care, you meanie!”

  “I just don’t want you to get hurt.”

  “Why do you care?”

  He didn’t answer. Instead he said, “Just make sure you come back in one piece okay!” He exclaimed before hanging up.

  You shrugged when he hung up and went back to your own work. You hummed to yourself a happy tune which caused you to get sleepy. Your eyes started to droop and you yawned. Eventually, you fell asleep.

_________

  L. Joe was pacing back and forth in his room, still thinking what he should do on Saturday. He still didn’t trust you being alone with L. In fact, he wanted him to be the one taking you on the date, but no he got stuck with you being your date on the dance. Wait, isn’t that better because people in school will see you two, but if you caused a fuss, what will he do now?

  “Argh!” He groaned in frustration. “Why am I being so worried over that stupid girl?” He asked himself and threw his pillow across the room. “That L is sneaky! I bet he knew she would make me weak! There’s no way I’m going to loose to a guy like that! No freaking way.”

  L. Joe sat on his bed and scratched the back of his head. *What am I going to do? What should I do? Think L. Joe think! I need to have a plan. There has to be a good plan. Aha!* He knew what to do. *I’m going to watch over her on the date! But… What time will it start?*

  He groaned in frustration again. *Okay, I’m pretty sure she wouldn’t wake up early for the date, and I’m sure she would forget about it. But, it doesn’t seem like she’s forgetting! AH!!!* L. Joe was going crazy for something so simple and he didn’t like it.

  *Whatever. I’ll be ready by ten and I’m sure she’ll be away by then. I’ll just walk around town and happen to ‘bump’ into her. Then I’ll ask if I can join… No, that won’t work. I’m sure they both are going to push me away and what if Infinite is also there? Hm…* He scratched his chin, thinking of what to do. After a couple more scenarios, he knew what he was going to do.

_________

  “So, L. Why are you going on a date with a girl you barely know?” Sungjong asked after he had text you.

  L was sitting on the couch, reading a book while Sungyeol was watching T.V, volume low. L chuckled. “I just want to see what L. Joe would do. It’s obvious he has a crush on her, but he doesn’t know it.”

  Sungyeol chuckled, too. “You got that right, but when I was talking to the girl, it seems like she’s too… Ditzy to notice.”

  L nodded.

  “Oh, are you talking about that new girl at T.O.P High?” Woohyun came it with some snacks. He wanted to watch T.V with Sungyeol.

  Sungjong nodded. “Yeah. L is going on a date with her.”

  “I know. I heard it from Sunggyu hyung.”

  L nodded as if he didn’t care.

  “Why are you going anyways?” Woohyun repeated the question Sungjong had asked a couple of seconds ago.

  He sighed, having to explain everything again. “I just want to see what happens. Knowing L. Joe, I’m sure he’s going to crash my date anyways and at that time, you guys are going to take me away and they can have their own ‘date.’”

  “Wait, so you’re on their side?” Sungyeol asked, straightening up in his seat.

  “Not exactly. Sure we’re enemies, but this is just entertainment. It doesn’t matter if they fall in love. I don’t like her, and I’m sure you guys don’t. She’s weird…”

  Sungjong grinned. “I agree with you on that!”

  “I’m just going to help him for this,” L stated. “Then after that, we can bicker at each other all we want.”

  Sungyeol grinned. “I like it this way. I mean, I don’t really feel like we’re enemies. We fight and stuff, but we don’t threaten each other like we could kill each other.”

  “It’s just a history thing,” Woohyun said, “Our schools are just clashing with each other, that’s all. We’re just keeping the reputation.”

  L nodded. “As long as we stick to the rules we’ll be fine.”

  They all nodded.

  “Okay, but I’m going to meet Belle first. I’m going to make her pretty before you see her!” Sungjong exclaimed with a huge smile.

  “Go ahead. I might be late anyways.” L looked down at his book. “I still need to think of a plan what I’m going to do to have them alone.” He rubbed his chin and smiled. *I know what I’ll do.*

-------

OH MY GOSH YOU GUYS! It's been so long! I hope you're not too confused on this chapter, but I'm trying to have a set up where Teen Top and Infinite are not total enemies, but they're fighting like it's a game. I hope that's what you were getting from this chapter. I bet you guys will enjoy the next few chapters kekekekekekekeke~ :D