-26-

Love Recipe

  “YAH! Why didn’t you call me earlier?!” Sungjong screamed over the phone. “Do you not know much time you have until the dance begins? Do you not realize that a girl takes at least 5 hours to get ready? Do you not realize it takes an hour to pick the right dress? Why didn’t you tell me about this yesterday?”

  You pouted. You didn’t want to go to the dance until now, that’s all. And now he’s yelling at you just because you told him too late.

  Before you could reply, Hana took the phone from you since she could hear him and yelled back, “YAH! Don’t yell at Belle like that! She just didn’t want to go at first, but she made up her mind now!”

  Sungjong took a deep breath. “Fine. Okay. But what made her change her mind? Is it L. Joe?”

  “N-No.”

  “No? Then what?” He didn’t like the idea of this.

  Hana cleared . “Food…”

  “Food? Ah, I must’ve known. Okay, well take her to my house. I think my mom has some dresses that’ll fit her. She won’t mind Belle using it for one day. I’ll tell you my address.”

  “Okay!” Hana listened to Sungjong as he told her his address and when they were done talking, Hana turned to the group and spoke to you, “We’ll head to Sungjong’s house so he can fix you up. I’m just going to drop you off because I need to get ready to.” She turned to the boys. “And you guys should look nice tonight! It’s going to be a fun and memorable night for everyone!”

  Everyone nodded and Hana pulled you towards Sungjong’s place.

  Once there, Sungjong immediately pulled you to his room where several dresses were on top of the bed. Hana left the moment she realized you would be safe with him.

  You looked at the pile and noticed a variety of styles. Some were tubes, some with straps, some with pattern, some plain, and of course they were different colors. You didn’t know which to choose but you knew you didn’t want the tube dresses because it was out of dress code. “Uhm… I don’t know what I like.”

  He facepalm himself. “Of course you don’t… You have no sense of style!”

  “Huh?” You thought you had at least a decent sense of style.

  Sungjong still remembered the time when you had a ‘date’ with Myungsoo and the clothes you wore were terrible. “I’ll choose then. I can see you with something with a shade of pink.” He placed the dresses that weren’t pink in a pile. There were now ten dresses to choose from.

  You did like the color pink…

  Now, Sungjong added, “I can also see you in something flowy and long.” Again, he separated the ones you could wear to the ones he didn’t think suited you.

  Only five left.

  “Huh… Okay, I think you can choose now.”

  The five dresses were of different styles. One was a plain, hot pink, and knee length dress. One was a gown that draped all the way down to the ground. One was lacey. One was a peach colored. And lastly, your favorite one was a rose pink that went just below your knees. There were laces that rimmed at the bottom of the skirt and on the straps. There was a ribbon on the waist area that caused you to have a curvy figure. It was very animated but cute.

  “I want that one!” You pointed at it.

  He hesitated. *Of course she wanted that one…* Sungjong took it. “Okay. Go ahead and take a shower while I figure out what make up to put on you.”

  “B-but I don’t have a spare underwear and bra…” You muttered.

  He stiffened. What an awkward thing to say in front of a guy. “Uh… Just head to your house and wash up and come back here wearing pajamas or something. Okay?”

  “But I don’t know where to go...” You didn’t know the directions to your house.

  “Aish… Okay I’ll come with you, so just wait here while I figure out what I want to do with you. Do you have a wand at your house?”

  “A wand? As in a magic wand? Of course I don’t! But are you like a fairy godmother like in Cinderella?” Your eyes sparkled like a child. No wonder you’ve always thought of him as a Flower Boy. No wonder he seemed so pretty!

  “No! Not that kind of wand! I meant something to curl your hair!”

  “Oh… Yupp! I have that.”

  “Okay, let’s go.”

~*~

  After you took a shower and change into your pajamas, Sungjong told you to sit on the bed. You obeyed and watched him carefully as he examined your face. He took the big bag that he was holding the whole way to your house and took out a comb and hair drier. “Dry your hair while I decide what make up I want to put on you.”

  You nodded and went to the bathroom to dry your hair. When you were done, you found Sungjong standing by the doorway, holding the makeup and wand. “Here we go! Let’s fix your hair and put some makeup on,” he sung and started working on your hair.

  He curled it and put bobby pins so your hair would get in your face. Then he put on makeup. There was no need for concealer since your skin was clear, but there was a need for blush. He dabbed some on your cheeks, making sure it’s even. Then he worked on your eyes.

  You didn’t know how long it took for him to finish you up, but it felt like forever. “Are you done yet?”

  “Not yet! Don’t move or else I’ll mess up! After all, I’m going to put eye liner on you right now! Don’t blink.”

  You tried to not blink but it was so hard! Your eyes were getting watery and it felt weird that a guy was doing your makeup. Your brother never did this to you before!

  After a few struggles, he finally finished and was satisfied at the results. “Well aren’t you a cute, little girl.” He leaned close to you and nodded his head. “Now, time to put on the dress! Make sure you don’t mess up the makeup while you’re trying to put it on.”

  You nodded and he gave you the dress.

  “I’m going home to get ready. I think Hana will come and pick you up. See you tonight. I’m sure L. Joe will be surprised.” With that, he closed the door behind him.

  You were blushing by his comment and checked yourself at the mirror. You really did look like a whole new person. You even felt older, but prettier. You never realized makeup could change you this much, but it was a good change. You put on your dress and waited for Hana to arrive.

  As you were waiting, you saw your brother, Jiyong getting ready to leave for work. He was fixing his tie as he entered the living room where you were watching T.V.

  “Oh!” He was surprised to see you in that attire. “Wow. What’s the occasion?”

  “There’s a dance tonight,” you muttered feeling shy all of a sudden. *Will L. Joe really be surprised to see me like this? Will he even recognize me?*

  Jiyong smiled. “Well you look beautiful. I have to go to work now.” He kissed your forehead. “I hope your date doesn’t forget to pick you up.” He snickered. “Bye.” He left the house.

  You were blushing even more by that comment. *Date?*

  After a few more minutes, the doorbell rang and Hana and you headed to the school with Changjo driving. When he saw you enter the car, he was shocked. “Is that what Sungjong did to you?”

  Your eyes widened. “Is it bad?”

  He shook his head. “No, you look pretty.”

  You smiled. “Thank you.”

  “Okay! It’s time to go!” Hana exclaimed and sat in the passenger seat next to Changjo. As he was driving, she held his hand.

  You couldn’t help but stare at their hands and wonder, *What does it feel like to actually be in love?*