-24-

Love Recipe

  “For the first time, he found love,” Changjo suddenly showed up with Hana by his side. “Belle, L. Joe likes you.”

  Your eyes widened and your heart sped. *No, that’s not true. There’s no way L. Joe would like me! I don’t even like him! He’s always mean to me!* You took a step back, away from them. “That’s not true.”

  They all didn’t say a word.

  Hana looked at Changjo, then to you. She didn’t want to announce that in the first place, but everything was said and done. It was time for you to know the truth anyways. It’s been a long time since you’ve arrived here and things started to change. She reached out for you, “Belle, listen to us.”

  “No!” You took another step back and avoided her touch. You didn’t want to hear about love. Your parents loved you, but they died and your brother loved you but he’s barely home. Everyone you loved, they all die out. You were afraid of that happening again, but still risked being with people.

  “Belle.”

  “NO! Leave me alone! Get away from me!” You ran away from them and inside the school. You didn’t know where to go, but the first stop you went to was the janitor’s closet. You curled up in a ball and closed your eyes. You didn’t want to hear the word love again. Love will just go away after a while like it always have been throughout your life. You just wanted to be alone.

~~~~

  L. Joe was sitting on his desk, grumbling to himself. “That stupid girl! I’m trying to help her, but she keeps pushing me away! What is wrong with her? Maybe I shouldn’t be so caught up in her business anymore!” He started scribbling on his notebook, pressing his pencil hard on the notebook paper. “That Belle girl needs to realize that I’m actually being nice to her!” He pressed harder until the lead snapped. He clicked the pencil until enough lead came out for him to scribble again, but as he pressed the pencil down, he heard rushed footsteps coming towards the classroom. He didn’t pay attention to it that much until he heard his name, screamed by Hana.

  “L. Joe! We don’t know where Belle is!”

  He paused in his pencil scribbling for a moment before writing slowly. He bit his lip. “I don’t care.” Even if he said those words, he felt a pain in his heart as it screamed wanting to find you.

  “We’re telling the truth. We don’t know where she is and…” Chunji was the one who spoke and paused.

  “And we told her you liked her.” Niel completed.

  “What?” He raised his eyes on them. “You did what?”

  Everyone dropped their gaze.

  “I don’t need any of you butting into my life! That was not you guy’s call! What if I didn’t like her? What if she starts acting different around me? What if she starts hating me even more?” L. Joe didn’t realize that he was actually confessing his love towards Belle, but the rest of the members did.

  “If you like her, go find her,” Hana muttered.

  “I-”

  “Just go! You like her and everyone knows it!” Ricky exclaimed and pulled L. Joe off of his seat and pushed him out of the door. “We’ll look for her too, okay?”

  L. Joe watched the group separate as they searched for you before class started. In his mind, he wanted to retreat back to the classroom, but his heart was telling his otherwise. He took a deep breath before going the opposite direction of the group.

  L. Joe searched everywhere, but he didn’t know exactly where you would be. There were four floors in the school and many classrooms to go in. However, he didn’t count the classrooms, thinking that you wouldn’t choose a classroom to hide in. He chose places where there weren’t a lot of people.

  Just when he was about to give up, he saw two doors on each side of the hallway, both closed. He knocked on one, but received no response, so he spoke, “Belle, are you there?”

  You were behind one of those doors and held your knees tightly around you. You wanted him  to leave, so you said nothing.

  However, he persisted. L. Joe didn’t know why, but he felt that you were there. “Belle, I know you’re in there. Answer me.”

  You bit your lip. “Wh-What do you want?” Your voice was trembling. Does he know that the group told you he liked you?

  “Come out.”

  You didn’t move. “Just leave.”

  “I’m not going to leave. C’mon, don’t act so childish! You’re in high school for Pete’s sake! I mean-” He paused and took a deep breath. He knew if he snapped at you, things would get worse. “Belle,” L. Joe said calmly, “They told me and it’s true. I-I do l-like you.” It was hard to get those words out. “I-It’s not a lie, but I didn’t want to tell you. No actually, I don’t know what I feel for you. I’m just assuming that I like you because everyone else is saying I do. Wouldn’t you think that way also? Okay, yeah I’m an idiot, but…” He chuckled, “I’m rambling aren’t I?”

  You smiled slightly. “Yes, you are.” You said.

  He turned towards the door where he thought he heard your voice and knocked on it once more.

  You flinched.

  “Belle, come out. I want to talk to you.”

  You hesitated.

  “Belle.”

  You closed your eyes tightly and stood. You took the knob in your hands and twisted it slowly before swinging the door opened. You found L. Joe jumping with his back facing you.

  He spun around, eyes wide. “What the hell?! You were in that door this whole time?!” He turned his head towards the door he was facing, and then back to you. Sighing, he face palmed and laughed at himself. “Well, at least I got you out of there.”

  “Do you like me?”

  “I really don’t know.”

  Your eyes fell to the ground. You didn’t know why but you felt hurt by that comment. “Oh.”

  “But I’ll figure it out soon.” He grinned.

  You returned it with your own.

  “C’mon. I bet everyone is waiting for you in the classroom. Let’s go.” He offered his arm for you.

  You reluctantly took his arm and let him lead you to the classroom with a smile on your face.

  L. Joe was blushing along the way, but he didn’t have word to say. There was no need for words because this moment was enough for him. He didn’t need anything special for right now. All he wanted was for you to be with him for this short moment.

~~~~~

*Sorry! A short update! But thank you for waiting! I appreciate it! :D