-14-

Love Recipe

  You woke up, feeling a stinging sensation on your shoulder while a cold feeling on your ankle. You closed your eyes for a moment and groaned, twisting and turning, but you stopped when a sharp pain hit your ankle.

  “You shouldn’t move,” a voice said. It wasn’t the nurse’s but someone else; this one was deeper and manlier.

  This time you sat up, feeling a rush run through your head. You placed a hand on your forehead and opened your eyes. “Ah… This hurts.” You met eye to eye with this person and was shocked. “You!” You pointed straight at his nose.

  He smirked. “Yeah, it’s me. I told you I wanted to talk to you after the race, but I guess this is the only way.”

  “Y-you’re one of In- In- In- Infrastructure!”

  “Infinite!” He shot. “It’s Infinite! And what’s wrong with that?!”

  “Uhm…” you scratched your head. Why were you so surprised? Is it because you knew they’re the enemy of Teen Top, but why? “Uh…” You made a face.

  He groaned and shook his head. “Never mind. Now I came to talk to you about the repayment. I want you to-”

  “Who are you again?” You interrupted. It was stuck in your mind, so you heard nothing of what he said.

  He face palmed himself and slid his hand down his face. *Really? This girl is something else!* “I’m L.”

  “L? What a weird name…” Then a memory hit you. “Oh! So you’re the boy that Sungyeol was talking about! You wanted to talk to me about something?” Your eyes twinkled.

  He wanted to hit you for being so clueless and stupid, but he held it in since you were injured. Instead, he said calmly and slowly, “Yes, I am him and I came here to tell you about my-“

  “Aren’t you supposed to be doing your competition? I recall you and L. Joe were arguing about who will get the most points, and if you’re not there, you won’t be receiving points.”

  He clenched his fist. “We’re going to win anyways. They don’t need me. Now let me explain-“

  “How long was I here?”

  “Fifteen minutes. Can I-“

  “Were you the one who brought me here?” You continued to question as more and more questions popped in your head. You were in your little world, not realizing L was trying to say something.

  “Yes. I. Was.” He said through clenched teeth. “Now can I explain?!”

  You blinked. “About what?”

  *Gah! I’m going to strangle this girl one day, but she’s a girl and I can’t hurt a girl! I wonder how in the world L. Joe put up with her. She seems like a clinger and an idiot…* “About the atonement! Remember when you hit me at the park?! So, let me explain!”

  You shut your mouth.

  He sighed. Thank goodness… “Well, how about we have a date on Saturday?”

  “A date?” You tip your head to the side, thinking.*Why does he want a date with me? I’m pretty sure there are more girls better than me, so why me? And a date?! I have never been on a date before! Plus, I barely know this guy! But, I need to repay him for what I did.*

  L smirked. He believed you were close to L. Joe since he has seen him with you for quite a while. He noticed how L. Joe would talk to you and that was rare. Usually, L. Joe wouldn’t bother to talk to a girl like you. *If I get close to her, I wonder what L. Joe would do. Will he get jealous? Hm… Let me see…* “Yes, a date,” L explained, “Would you like to have one with me? Just for one day and that’s how you’re going to repay me.”

  You nodded slowly. *A date? With a stranger?* “Uhm… Can I take someone with me?”

  “No!” He stated, in panic. He cleared his throat and said more calmly, “No. Just the two of us. So you agree?”

  “Y-yeah…”

  “Great!”

  You tried getting off the bed, but L stopped you.

  “What are you doing?” He asked, holding onto your unscarred shoulder. He was worried that you would hurt yourself again and he didn’t want that to happen. Just by talking to you was enough trouble, so getting yourself injured double time would be terrible!

  “I need to do my next event.” You explained, trying to wiggle him off.

  “Not with your foot like that!”

  “My foot?” You looked down to see your foot wrapped with ice on top. You hadn’t realized the nurse was icing your foot, so you hadn’t realized how cold it was until now. “Ah! It’s cold! Get it off me!” You weren’t able to move your foot, so you swung your arms around.

  “Stop moving!” L exclaimed, nearly getting hit by you.

  You obeyed.

  He sighed in relief and started taking out the ice pack by removing the plastic wrap. He did it slowly and carefully, making sure you wouldn’t feel the pain. When he took it off, you saw how swollen it was. You wondered if you’ll be able to walk tomorrow. L threw away the ice bag on the sink and headed to one of the cabinets, taking out a wrap and brackets.

  “Where’s the nurse?” You asked curiously.

  He started wrapping your foot, tightening it for stability. “She’s helping out at the sports festival. She was here, but I told her I could take care of this. After all, I’ve been a trainer before for basketball. Guys hurt their ankles all the time!” After his last roundabout, he placed the brackets in. “Okay, you’re all set, but it’s best to not walk for a bit.”

  You just nod and sat there. “Aren’t you going to go back?”

  He rolled his eyes. “I already told you, Infinite will win anyways, so they don’t need me there.”

  “You’re a bit cocky…” You muttered, pouting your lips.

  *She looks cute like that*, L thought, but shook it off immediately. He smirked. “Now don’t forget the date on Saturday. You’re coming aren’t you?”

  “Yes! I will!” You really wanted to make up for what you did to him at the park, but you barely remembered what happened. “What did I do again?” You asked curiously.

  *But this isn’t cute…* “You hit me square on the face! It hurt you know! And I’m the face of Infinite!”

  *The face?* “You’re the face? You mean, everyone looks like you?” You asked, being serious about it. To L, you were probably the dumbest girl he has ever met, but also the cutest, personality wise.

  He held up a hand. “You know what, I’m not going to talk to you anymore…” This was getting annoying to him, and he was tired of answering your constant questions. He wondered how in the world L. Joe could handle a girl like you. You were just a handful, but luckily there wasn’t another girl like you or else it would be chaos.

  You pursed your lips, wanting to talk to him, but instead, the door opened

  “~~~~ - ah! Are you okay?!” It was Hana’s voice. She immediately went to where you were and stared at your foot, not noticing L. “Oh my gosh! This looks bad! Are you able to walk tomorrow? You know how much I’ve been worrying about you! I’m so glad someone brought you here. That stupid L. Joe didn’t even pause to check if you were okay! That selfish… Gah! Well, I’m glad you’re okay, thanks to-“ She turned around to face L, but he wasn’t there. He must have slipped away while she was talking so much. Hana shrugged. “Anyways, the events are over and it seems like Woolim High got the most points once again…”

  You blinked a couple of times at the door where L escaped. *He was right. They did win at the sports festival. I feel sorry for Pink. I wonder if he’s okay about loosing…*