-13-

Love Recipe

  You ended up getting fourth place out of five. At least you earned some points for your school. You also noticed the giraffe boy got first place. *Of course he would get first.* You thought to yourself as you looked at the score board. *He has super duper long legs! That's not fair! Humph!* You pouted, crossing your arms over your chest.

  *What is she doing?* The boy thought to himself as he started towards you but stopped when he saw L. Joe coming. The boy turned the other way and headed to his next competition.

  "Why?" L. Joe asked you as he stood behind you.

  You spun around, giving him innocent eyes. "Why what?"

  His eye twitched. *I can never take her seriously. Why?* "Why are you making these strange faces? One day, your face is going to stay in one expression forever if you keep it up." The moment he said it, he regretted every moment of it.

  "What?!" You slapped both hands across your face. "I don't want to look sad all the time! I like my face! Maybe I should massage it more often; that way it's always going to be relaxed!" You started swishing and rubbing your cheeks.

  *Of course she would be going this...* He sighed. "I have to go. I need to get ready for my next event." He stretched his arms and walked off.

  You, on the other hand, decided to visit Hana since the bread eating contest or the hurdles weren't announced. "Hana!" You exclaimed and tackled her with a bear hug. "You're gunna watch Changjo again, aren't you?!"

  She blushed and pushed you away. "N-no! I'm waiting for my events!"

  You poked her stomach. "You should confess to him someday."

  "No!~"

  "Yes! You would be cute together!"

  "I don't want to." She started fiddling with her fingers, getting embarrassed by your sudden comments. She may be smarter than you but she is shier than you.

  You nudged her as you saw him once again. "See? See?! There he is." You exclaimed and noticed him looking at your general direction. "See look! He's starting this way!"

  Hana realized and blushed. "Stop! You're embarrassing me!" Her eyes avoided Changjo. It was hard for her because she wanted to see her crush's face, but she didn't want to make direct eye contact with him.

  You shove her. "Oh, c'mon! At least try."

  "No!"

  "Please?" You shake her arm while she tried getting out of your grip. Soon, it turned more violent and playful. You were shoving Hana non-stop while she was trying of escape.

  You two didn't realize someone was coming up to you until you recognized the voice. "What are you doing?"

  You and Hana stopped; you were holding her arm, making it turn pink while she was ready to bite your hand, mouth open.

  "Oh! Giraffe Boy!" You exclaimed, letting go of Hana to point at him.

  "Giraffe Boy?" The boy commented and made a face. "I'll have you know, my name is not Giraffe Boy; it's Sungyeol! Lee Sungyeol. And you are?"

  "I'm Maribelle but call me Belle, and my friend here is Hana." You greeted excitedly while Hana was giving him a look.

  Sungyeol eyed her with a cold gaze, but you thought he was staring at her because she was pretty. However, you didn't say anything. Instead, it was Sungyeol, "Hm. It's nice to meet you two, but I have to go. My next event is about to start. Oh yeah! I came here cause L wanted to give you something." He rummaged through his shorts since it had a pocket in it and pulled out a piece of paper, folded into a square. "Here. I didn't read it, so don't worry. I didn't know you knew him."

  "L?" You took the price of paper and held it tightly. *What kind of name is that? It's like his parents picked a random letter from the alphabet and named him that! But at least it'll be easier to write your name.*

  "Myungsoo, L. You should knots him since he knows you. Ah! Whatever! I have to check in my next competition. I'll see you two ladies later!" He waved and left.

  You turned to Hana and noticed her expression. "What's wrong with you?" You asked.

  Her expression changed. "Nothing. I'm going to the restroom. Tell me who wins, okay?" Slowly, she began to strode away.

  "O-okay..." You stared at the paper Sungyeol gave you and carefully opened it. There, you read:

  "You still owe me one and here is what I want. You leave L. Joe and stay with me for the rest of the day. After my event, weren't going to talk."

  Your eyes widened. *WHO IS THIS BOY?! OMG! I'M IN BIG TROUBLE IF I DON'T FIND OUT WHO THIS IS! AH! WHAT IS HE GOING TO DO WITH ME?!* You grabbed your hair and started running like a mad man or more like a mad woman.

 

  "The 400 meter hurdles will begin shortly. Is there anyone else who hasn't checked in?" The announcer announced.

  *Gah! This is also my event!* Once again, you ran to the check in station and ended up being in the last group.

  L. Joe came up to you as you were sitting on the ground in the waiting area under a tent. He crossed his arms. "Well, well, well, look what we have here. Belle, so you're going to be in the same group as me." He smirked. "You better give us points because I want our school to win this year."

  You didn't hear him, so you closed your eyes and took a deep  breath of fresh air. "This feels nice."

  "Yah! Did you hear me?!" L. Joe exclaimed, agitated.

  "Oh, what?" You didn't know he was there.

  He shook his head and face palmed himself. "Never mind. I'm not in the mood for saying it again."

  You shrugged and went in your little world until it was your turn to race.

  The last group barely had anyone, but you knew two people: Pink and the boy from the park. Park Boy was staring at you as everyone got in their lanes. Before they started, he whispered, "Don't forget, after this, we're going to talk."

  You gasped. "Wait! You're L?!" You shouted.

  He smirked and that was the last thing you saw before the gun was fired and everyone ran.

  You ended up starting late and got on the back. As a hurdle came up, you panicked and jumped over it the best way you could. This went on a few more times until you hit you fifth hurdle. Your legs were getting tired and strength was leaving you. In this hurdle, you jumped early and tripped over it with you front foot. You tumbled forward, scrapping your shoulder and all of a sudden, the hurdle fell over you, hitting you hard on your head. A sharp pain hit your ankle as you realized you had twisted it.

  People gasped from the sidelines. You looked in front of you as Pink finished the race. You weren't sure whether he had noticed you or not, but you didn't care because you were in so much pain. You looked down to see blood on your shoulders. Your breathing wasn't normal because you had been running. Your vision was starting to get blurry all because of the impact of the hurdle. You were about to pass out. Before you could, you felt arms under your back and legs, picking you up in the air.

  You knew it was a boy since your savior had strong arms and really short hair. You couldn't tell who it was because you were coming in and out of consciousness. You could hear his breath become heavy and sweat came from his arms. He must've been running. To you? You didn't know, but what you did know was when he spoke, it was someone you knew. "You're going to be alright. I'll take you to the nurse." That was the last thing you heard before you passed out.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

  Another Chapter! YAY! LOL SO What do you guys think? Please comment, so I know how I'm doing!