Just a Normal Day cont...

Teen Idol

Hey guys, in the last chapter I introduced three new characters. So as I promised here are their character descriptions:

Ok Tacyeon (Age 19)

Senior at SM high

Prankster

Dating Bae Suzy (a queenka at SM high)

Lee Jieun (also known as IU by you guys) (Age 19)

Overachiever

Ambitious

Dating Lee Jinki

Senior at SM high

Lee Taemin (Age 18 (though younger than Onew by 7 months))

Cute aygeo

Junior at SM high

Hates being considered young (why he makes Soo Min call Him Oppa)

Sorry for updating so late. I was having a bad case of writer’s block. But now I got things set so here goes the update.

___________________________________________________________________________________

After the meeting I walked out of the newspaper office and briskly down the hallway, hoping to avoid Jieun and a nagging session. I heard someone shouting my name from behind me. I sped up without looking behind me. That is until I felt a hand grab my wrist. On instinct I closed my eyes and faced the person, preparing myself for a nagging session though cannot compare to my brother’s.

“Yah Soo Min I was calling you from down the hall. Don’t you want a ride with me and Minho?” Thank goodness that voice does not belong to Jieun. I turned around to face my next door neighbour and best friend Krystal.

“Oh thank goodness it was you I thought it would be Jieun for a second.”

“Oh no worries I just passed by her, she was going to the office cause of something with her transcripts” that is Krystal for you. She is always on top of things. She stays after school because she is in the school’s musical production. Her and Minho are the leads this year, and have been staying back at school often. It helps when I need a ride home. Though Onew does offer me to ride with him and I did once. But it was so awkward with me sitting in the back seat while him and Jieun are talking up front. It feels like I am a third wheel or something.

Me and Krystal head out to the parking lot where Minho is waving to us. Him and Krystal have been going out steady since freshman year. But like many things there is one thing that bugs me. The fact that Krystal pretty much uses him. She even told me herself one day, her words were like this, “movies are so expensive nowadays but with Minho I don’t have to pay. He insists on being the gentleman.” And it’s true Minho is a gentleman who is helplessly in love in her, but I hate it when he comes to me every time Krystal dumps him asking for the reason why. How can I tell him, that Krystal got a date with someone else that’s why she dumped you. That is too harsh in my perspective.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So the ride home went by pretty quick. Me and Krystal waved to Minho who drove away then went into our respective homes. I got in, greeted my mom and dad who were in the living room, after they told me my brother and his wife would be joining us for dinner I went upstairs. I slowly walked passed my other brother’s room hoping that he would detect me and start a nagging fest (he is the brother I mentioned earlier). But god had other plans cause I tripped over the pile of laundry I forgot to put in the wash, and landed flat on my back. I closed my eyes to let the short pain subside, and opening my eyes to the smirk of my older brother Kim Ki bum though prefers to be called Key by his friends (him and Onew have that in common).

“Karma doesn’t it Soo.” He said while giving me a hand. I was mentally preparing myself for the upcoming lecture I was about to receive when thank goodness his phone rang.

“Don’t think I am done with you yet Soo. After dinner you better prepare yourself.” He then turned his back to me and answered his phone. “Hey Amber… yeah I’m doing good… oh you want to out tonight… well I kind of had plans with my family… yeah hold one second.” He looked at me with a look basically saying get lost I’m talking to my girlfriend. Frankly I do not know what Amber Unnie sees in my brother. Though I have to admit they look good together. I took my cue nevertheless and went to my room, breathing a sigh of relief behind me.

I my laptop and started to work on my English homework. A couple of minutes into the first question a got an IM from Krystal. I am serious though we live right next door to each other and our bedrooms face each other, we still message each other.

Krisjung (her online name): hey Soo, so how was your day?

Sambookworm (my online name): yeah it was good. Did you hear about Ms. Yang’s doll.

Krisjung: yeah, during 2 period she was basically a blank face. But come on its just a doll.

Sambookworm: it is not just a doll, it is like the school’s unofficial mascot. I even pitched a story about it to Onew and he liked it.

Krisjung: speaking of Onew, is he still going out with Jieun????

Sambookworm: I don’t even bother to ask anymore why you still ask. They have been going out since the beginning of the school year.

Krisjung: Oh come on, you know you had the chance and still blew it.

This has been an ongoing thing since the beginning of the year. Krystal basically thinks me and Onew are perfect for each other. It’s a long story so I would have to go back a bit

(Flashback)

Me and Taemin were standing alongside Mr. Jung along with the rest of the newspaper staff getting ready to leave for the annual retreat designed for us. Basically as a means of getting to know each other before we start working together. After all to run a newspaper we need to a well-oiled machine. But enough about that getting off topic. So me and Taemin were there with the staff wondering why we haven’t left yet. I could see Mr. Jung looking at the entrance of the school as if waiting for someone. Next thing you know a hooded van shows up right beside the bus and out came LEE JINKI a.k.a ONEW.

I guess I must have been caught staring cause Taemin called me out for that later. All that I was thinking that this was not the same Onew that had been in my class till the end of elementary school. No way. This Onew looked well to be blunt more hotter than then. Apparently I found out later that he had moved back to Seoul from the states to give living with his dad a try (his parents were divorced). He had also got clipping of articles sent from his old school to Mr. Jung, who then decided to let Onew join the retreat last minute.

I could see that some things never really change. Back in elementary school we were both into the same type of music. People all over our school liked the new wave pop, but me and him liked ballads and artists like Jason Myraz and Ne-Yo etc. overall when I saw cover of the latest 2am album I knew things have not really changed.

At the retreat is where I got a glimpse into his deep side. When he shared his story about how hard it was moving, that to a whole other continent. I watched him as he talked about getting into trouble during the first few months. And having to be out into a problem for his type of people. The choices he was given were either to join the boxing class or the cooking class. Let’s just say he was the first guy in the history of the program to choose the cooking class. And eventually grew to love it, especially since the first thing they learned how to make was friend chicken.

Now you are wondering why Krystal was saying we were perfect for each other. Well I kind of, probably mentioned how when we played a trust game involving one person getting everyone across a log without leaving anyone behind (the person put to the task was Onew). And when it was my turn to go on the log i couldn’t help but notice that when Onew carried onto the log like I weighed nothing. Or that he smelled really nice.

He was just amazing with everyone, got along with everyone, making Mr. Jung pick him as the first junior editor for the school newspaper (A surprising event for everyone). I knew that Jieun had been hoping for that position but was at a singing camp in America that summer, thus not being able to be part of the retreat.

(Flashback ends)

Me and Krystal finished up our convo after a while of sharing English answers. Then I was called down by my mom and dad. My brother and sister-in-law had arrived based on the sounds I heard. But before I go downstairs I should also mention that another surprising event also happened during that retreat. Mr. Jung gave me an amazing position on the newspaper. This position has mostly been given to a senior student but he felt I was perfect. The most sought out and secretive position: the advice columnist.

A/N: I hope I did not disappoint you guys. Comment and criticisms are welcome. No pressure for subscribing