My Life after Lunch

Teen Idol

Five months it has been since I last updated. To make it up to my subscribers I’m gonna update every other day for the next week. I have been updating wedding planner now more frequently. It is time to get this story back on track. :) btw… has anyone been watching dream high 2 or watched Whats Up… aren’t they daebak :)

Wooyoung and the others in the cafeteria turned to look at the entrance of the cafeteria. Minji, resident scapegoat for the Kingkas and Queenkas, was walking towards the servery. Minji grew up in the states However she had a hard time with Seoul speak since her family was from the country side and in the states learned that dialect. Also she had a really strong personality. But as they say, when you push a person’s button too hard they start to snap. And well, the result is that Minji would scream out a cuss word of her choice, depending on her mood that day it would be either in English or Korean (yup she knows some that a person on the streets would be profient in). It makes me wonder sometimes.

The taunts started to get louder to the point where she really couldn’t take it anymore, scream out an English cuss word this time, and ran out of the cafeteria. Well that was my cue. I got out my seat and with a last look at my friends ran out of the cafeteria after Minji. While running I heard Krystal explain to Wooyoung the daily situation and my role.

I ran to the girls washroom; where sure enough Minji was there suppress her sobs in a stall. I went up to that stall and from underneath passed her a packet of tissues then after a couple of minutes she started talking.

“Why do they have to bug me. Is it my fault that I speak this way? There are other people from Busan and neighboring areas here. But no one picks on them. Is it because I’m also a foreigner? Do you have a clue Soo Min?”

“Actually Minji I think I know what your problem is. I’m gonna quote Tara on this one. Remember when she said that if you don’t let them know you are affected then they will stop. I think this would work. And you should do it.”

“But how can I not be affected?”

This was the point where like every day she would turn around the conversation and ignore my advice. Heck she doesn’t take the advice I give her as Tara. Because through she may deny it, she is one of the frequent writers to her.

I left the washroom, seeing no point in continuing, to almost get a heart attack from Wooyoung standing outside of the door.

“Omo, what are you doing here Wooyoung sshi.” I hissed while looking around to see if anyone was listening.

“This happens every day Soo Min, and you are the one who calms her down. What kind of place is this?”

I was about to remark that this was high school when he continued.

“Don’t answer that question and listen, I heard the advice you gave her in there. It was good advice, but all she did was ignore and continue with the things that incite the situation further. I have been watching some ting today and let’s just say this is…” I didn’t hear what he said after that because the bell rang indicating the lunch was over.

“Wooyoung sshi kaja… we have to go to our last class then I have the newspaper meeting. Unless, you want to join me?”

“Ok… but let it be known that this conversation is not over. Arrasso?”

“De, kaja.”

So off we went to our next class.

Skip that class.

I lead the way to the newspaper office where gladly we were early. Only Onew oppa was there setting up the meeting table by putting bottle of water at each person’s seat. The reason behind this… sometimes the meeting go up to 2 hours if things need a lot of discussion.

“Onew oppa, need some help?”

“Ani… just sit down Soo Min…” he looked up and noticed Wooyoung sshi. “Ahh I see we have a guest, Jason sit down as well, though I cannot promise you this will be fun.” He said with a smile. This is why Onew makes a great editor.

“Ohh and Soo Min ah, we need to meet up for five minutes after the meeting to discuss the layout for this edition.”

“Arrasso.”

After that everyone started to pile into the room. I was sitting in my regular spot beside Taemin oppa who was sitting beside Onew oppa. We started off congratulating Taemin for his well-written article about , and then moved on to pitching ideas. When Jieun pitched the idea of how Idols that have become actors are making big strides in the industry. This pushed a button on Wooyoung spoke out about how actors and actress have to spend extra time coaching singers who don’t know much about acting. Thus started off an intense debate for a couple of minutes till Onew sshi called a time out and instructed both Jieun and Wooyoung to write their points down on a paper for the rest of the meeting. After an hour Onew commenced the meeting and signaled me to his office in the room.

I sat down in the office waiting for Onew to come in. when he came in I got the smell of cookies and started to get excited.

“So Soo Min… shall we talk about Tara…”  He set down the plate of cookies he was holding, signaled me to take one and then we talked about what I should do in the next article. After five minutes we left his office and he closed the newspaper office. 

We started to walk down the hallway where once we reached outside saw Jieun hanging outside with Krystal, while Minho was talking to Wooyoung. Onew then asked me if I wanted a ride home, and like every day I rejected his offer and rode home with Minho and Krystal. Don’t get me wrong, I actually rode home with him once. But he also drops of Jieun home. The whole ride I felt like a third wheel. It was so awkward that I never rode with them again. I got in Minho’s car after Onew and Jieun set off, and waved to Wooyoung. If Minho had looked in his rear view mirror, he would have seen Wooyoung being picked up in a limo.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

At home I went off to my room and logged on to my chat. Right away the messages started to pile in. all from Krystal.

Krisjung: hey did you hear about the car wash this Sunday

Krisjung: its for the people who can’t afford the dresses for the musical

Krisjung: btw… did you hear about the dress

Krisjung: two words : rainbow strips

Krisjung: well I signed you up for the 2:00 shift

Sambookworm: thanks for not letting me get a word in… btw… rainbow strips… you serious :(

Krisjung: deh… I saw it today… that was messed up.

And so started our study slah gossip period… I’ll give you the highlights

Krisjung: how did the meeting go… I heard that you had a private meeting with Onew oppa

Krisjung: don’t you think the new kid looks familiar

Krisjung: don’t forget… Sunday… 2:00 shift its only two hours long…

So you get the jest of the conversation. And after dinner with my parents and my homework done, I logged back in and saw no e-mail, then went to sleep.                

Unknown person’s POV

I logged onto my chat account clicked on my number one and started writing all that was in my mind.

Why did you reject my offer again?

Do you like Wooyoung?

Goodnight :)

I didn’t send any of those that night…

So as you see things are getting interesting. But more is yet to come. Stay tuned