Prologue

Impure Intentions
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The world doesn't give second chances, I have come to realise that the hard way. With your back image forever imprinted in my brain, it caused me to see nothing but the brutal reality every beautiful memory has. And the descending steps you took as you walked away from me made me see that not only did you have a desperation to distance yourself physically away from me, but emotional wise as well.

I can not recall why I have come to love you so much even though loving you hurts me.

So much I wonder why I continue loving you.

 

…...........................

 

It was raining the second time Luhan saw him in his life after their relationship ceased to exist any longer. On the crowded streets of Seoul where the pelting rain drowned out their voices and camouflaged the tears running down Luhan's face, the person that kept fantasies alive gave Luhan a hundred reasons why he shouldn't love him anymore.

Luhan had been running towards his bus stop when he had managed to crash into a walking pedestrian and in the process of giving out his half-hearted apologies it was then when he noticed Sehun. The younger male that stood no more than fifty meters of Luhan, seemingly unbothered by the wet droplets of water falling down, trailing upon his beautiful face. Eyes catching Sehun's shirt soaked against his pale spread of skin caused Luhan to smile meekly into his woven scarf as he watched the white material press against the figure's tall frame. 

Watching in silence and unconsciously imitating Sehun's actions, a hand stretching out into to the rain to catch the small droplets of falling water, Luhan couldn't help but smile. Sehun hadn't changed, he was still weirdly awkward, sticking out of the crowd like a sore thumb, oblivious to everyone else's curious gazes, too engaged in his thoughts. Indifferent from the people rushing past to find shelter in the heavy rain, Luhan stared, unable to his eyes off Sehun who now stood, head tilted upwards.

Luhan stared in awe at the person that he had come to willingly submit himself to, watching in silence as his previous lover blended into the rain, almost seeming transparent yet somewhat standing out more than he should. The taller male's features hidden by the constant stream of people walking past made Luhan even more anxious to see his friend. And without thinking, the brunet took unconscious steps towards his ex-boyfriend in the hope of seeing his face once again. It was a strange addiction. One that a opium addict had to opium, letting the substance slowly consume and destroy him without once regretting. It was like that with Oh Sehun. He was the most addictive opium, a narcotic so strong that it destroyed any hesitation and reason in Luhan.

Sehun who stood in ease must have felt Luhan's gaze as he suddenly jolted, turning his face slowly towards Luhan's direction as if searching for the warmth of a stare. Meeting the brunet's eyes through the crowd of people running, chatting and laughing, the younger male's eyes widened upon meeting Luhan's. In this moment, all Luhan could muster was withholding Sehun's gaze, rooted to the spot and staring back with an unblinking desperation as if calling out for Sehun to come and talk to him. It was only when a loud honk from a passing car sounded did the two males engaged in a standoff seem to register the situation. And only then does Sehun twist around, hastily running in the opposite direction Luhan was standing at.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter