Memories + That Kiss

(EXO FANFIC) 365 Days in Seoul

''Jen, your mum and I have something very very important to tell you,'' Dad fixed his vision at me.

''What is it?'' I mumbled while eating my dinner - spaghetti with a cup of apple juice. 

''Jen, I'm sorry to say this but we will be migrating to Korea in a few days as my company has sent me there for a few years'' 

Almost choking, I screamed '' WHATTTTT?!?'' 

''Calm down dear!'' My mum pat my back and passed me a glass of warm water.

''Mum!! How could I calm down?!? In a few days time, we will be migrating! And its not for a year but for a few years!! what about my school? And why didn't you guys tell me earlier?!?!'' 

"Well, my company just informed me not long ago and I've decided to discuss it with Mum before telling you about it! And since she doesn't have any objections. Why not?'' He smiled.

''And oh! Did I told you that your cousin who have been studying in Korea will be getting married soon?''

''Oh!! April is getting married?'' I chirped happily at this piece of wonderful news. 

''Yep! We'll be attending her wedding and guess when is it? A day after we arrived in Korea!'' Dad exclaimed.

''Urgh. Fine. fine.'' I groaned at the thought of staying in a new environment.

''WAIT. What about my school?'' 

'' Hmm. Well, actually. Mum have already informed your school and done all the necessary things for you to transfer to this school in Korea which specialised in teaching music since our family have some music background and you love music so much! And thats the school which your cousin attended during her high school years! Ohoh! And do you know that many idols was scouted from there?! .....'' My Dad went on and on about it. And finally I heard him ending the mini story telling session, '' So do you find your new school interesting?''

And YES. My mum is a famous pianist and my dad is a famous songwriter.

I nod and i drag myself to my room.

''Sighs. I'm so going to miss Singapore... My friends ... teachers and school...'' I snuggle up in my bed and hugged my pillow tightly.

'' But it have been years since we last met... am I right, April?'' Slowly sitting up from my bed, I glanced at the yellowish photo framed with a pretty flowerly frame.

The photo was taken 10 years ago, when I was just 5 and April was just 11. 

Soon, darkness overwhelmed me and I fall into deep slumber.

Most of the days when I was young, my parents have been really busy with their job and I usually spent most of my time with April. We did almost everything together,we laughed at things that are funny, enjoyed each other's company and she tells me most of the fun places that she visited yearly during her holidays.

But,  I didn't know that she is going to be far away from me, leaving my side...

''Eh? April,where are you going?'' Crying, I grabbed April's clothes.

''Jen, take good care of yourself alright?'' April hugged me tightly and patted my head.

''But.. But.. where are you going?'' I cried even louder.

''I'm going to Korea! You know those places that I have told before in one of my picture books?" She smiled sweetly at me

'' Yeah.. But why..?'' I looked at her with my innocent eyes while sobbing.

''Well, a music school in Korea offered me a scholarship so i decided to take up this opportunity!'' 

I shaked my head not understand a single thing on what she just had said. ''scholarship?'' keeps on repeating in my mind.

''You will understand better when you grow up!''

''Do you really need to go?'' My voice muffled.

''Yes... I will really really miss you...'' She ruffled my hair and she hugged me even tighter which cause me to gasp for air.

''April! Its time, we got to go to catch the plane!'' April's mum said, waving at her signalling her to go.

''Jen, promise me you will treasure this picture book alright? And Happy Birthday! Treat this picture book as your birthday present! I'm so sorry that I didn't get a proper gift for you this time! I got to go already.. So Bye...'' April passed me her favourite picture book and her voice got softer and softer. Soon after, she was gone out of my sight.  


''RINGRINGRINGRING!'' my alarm rang. 

''Urgh.....'' I rubbed my eyes and looked at the time. WHAT?!? Its 3AM in the morning....

''Jen! Wake Up! Its time for us to leave for Korea!'' Mum yelled at me from the living room

''Okay.. Coming...'' I yawned and changed into my favourite dress and dragged myself out of my room. Before locking the door, I  forgotten something important and dashed back in to my room and picked up the photo frame and the present beside it which is wrapped with gold and silver coloured wrapping paper. 

''EH! JEN LEE! ARE YOU DONE ALREADY?!'' Mum screamed fiercely.

''YES! Coming~~!'' I locked my room and glanced at my house for one last time.

''Maybe migrating to Korea isn't such a bad idea after all~'' I smiled. ''Korea, here I come!''


''We're arriving at Incheon Airport, enjoy!'' The plane finally ended. I stretched my arms and yawned. I looked around for my parents and I saw them talking to a lady in her early twenties. I found that lady pretty familiar.. I ran up to them and asked '' Mum,Dad, Who is this lady?'' That lady smiled and said ''Its been a while, Jen.'' I blinked my eyes and yelled out ''April?!?'' She nodded and I hugged her real tight and mumbled '' Its really been a while...'' Suddenly, a stampede of screams broke this'' reunion moment''. 

''AHHHHHHH! LUHAN AH! LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME!''

" WAHH! KAI OPPA! I LOVE YOU!!''

''CHEN OPPA!!!!!!! SARANGHAE!!''

I glared at that huge group of fans screaming and I saw a huge group of idols walking towards the exit beside them were several security guards. I counted and gasped ''Woah. A 12 member group?'' ''Yep! You didn't know about them?'' April asked  in shock. ''Yeah... Who are they?'' I raised my eyebrows. ''Jen! Didn't I tell you that April had become one of  famous songwriters in Korea? She even received many awards!'' Dad replied me before April could even replied. ''Omg! Really?! Congrats April!'' I hugged her real tight again. ''Thanks alot!'' April patted my head. ''You still like to pat my head right!'' I chuckled. ''AHHHHHH. WHERE IS EXO GOING?!?! EH? ISNT THAT THE FAMOUS SONGWRITER - APRIL-nim?!?!? KYYAAAA! SHE'S SO PRETTY IN REAL LIFE!'' That group of fans started screaming at April once they lost sight of their idol group. A bunch of security just popped out of no where and lead us to two huge van.

But yet, those fans didn't give up. They followed to where our vans were and started to spam photos at April. Flash. Flash. Flash. Click. This grated on my nerves. ''HEY. CAN YOU STOP TAKING PICTURES OF APRIL?!?!?'' I yelled and my face turned red in anger. There was a moment of awkward silence. ''Who is she? she sound like a foreigner!'' One of the fans spoke in english and another said ''몼셍 겯 다 (Mot-seng-gyeot-da)* !'' '' What the heck, did she just said in Korean?! I should have learn a bit of Korean before I come...'' I mumbled to myself and glared at those fans. ''Jen! Get into the van!'' She pointed to the van next to hers. I nodded and followed her instructions. One of the security guards helped me to slide opened the van door and I smiled at him mouthing him thank you.

The van was pitch dark, really pitch dark. I could not even see a single thing, not even my hands. I guess its because its already at night plus they didn't switch on the lights.

The van started to move pretty fast, I couldn't keep my balance and landed on someone in one of the seats. ''아야 (a-ya)* !'' That particular someone shouted. ''죄송합니다! (joe-song-hab-ni-da)* !'' I apologised politely. I tried to get off him but he had his arms around my waist. ''Is he trying to troll me or what?!'' I tried to pull his arms away from my waist but he wrapped his arms around my waist even tighter. Suddenly, the van went over a bump and we sort of went ''flying up''. The worst scenario that I didn't want it to happen, actually happened. Our lips touched. OUR LIPS LITERALLY TOUCHED. My friends shared with me about their experiences with their first kiss and that their lips feel tingly and fizzed like sunbum after kissing.  BUT GUESS WHAT. I DIDN'T FEEL ANYTHING. But instead, after I came to realise that we kissed, I pushed him away and screamed, ''HEY! WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING?!?!?'' Silence is all I heard. Finally someone broke the awkward silence, '' Chen ah, Are you alright?'' The lights went on. All I saw was 11 pairs of eyes looking at me, amused. I slowly turned my head to the person who I just ''kissed'', I immediately realised that there are 12 of them and these 12 people are from the famous boy idol group whom I saw earlier on at the airport whom the fans called them EXO.

Our eyes met for a moment and suddenly he said, ''How long are you going to sit on me?'' I blushed and shoved him away sitting up straight. After getting back my composure, I glared at him and screamed, ''HEY! WHY DID YOU KISS ME JUST NOW?!'' Rest of the members went ''Woah!'' after hearing what I had just said. He coughed briefly and calmly replied, ''It was just an accident.'' I saw him flush in pink for a moment. ''Wah! Chen-ssi, I didn't know that you THAT brave'' One of the members said while giggling and all of them laughed.

My face was hot with embarrassment. I didn't even dare to looked at them, I feel like digging a hole and buried my head in it. ''Okay. Lets stop laughing for now! I think its kinda rude to not properly introduced ourselves to her!'' One of the members spoke in perfect English. ''Hana,dhul,seht! WE ARE ONE! Annyeonghaseyo, EXO-inminda!'' ''I'm the maknae Sehun'' '' I'm Chanyeol~'' ''Baekhyun here!'' ''D.O is my name!'' ''I'm Kai!'' ''I'm EXOK's leader- Suho!'' ''I'm EXOM's leader - Kris!'' ''I'm Luhan~'' ''Lay here!'' ''I'm Xiumin'' ''I'm kungfu panda - Tao!'' 'All the members warmly greeted and introduced themselves to me except for THAT guy. I glanced at him waiting for him to introduce himself. His cold eyes met mine and i felt shivers went down my spine. ''Hi, I'm Chen.'' He said it emotionless. ''Hi EXO, I'm Jen Lee!'' I greeted them warmly and smiled sweetly at them. They nodded and greeted me back once again.''Oh come on Chen! You don't usually greet people like that! Why are you ignoring Jen?'' Kris smacked Chen's back and said cheekily. ''Kris hyung! Can you stop smacking my back! It hurts!'' Chen exclaimed while rubbing his back and glared at him. ''How about this!'' Kris smacked Chen's back even harder this time. This time,  rest of the members joined in the ''fun'' and started to smacked each other's backs. 

 

And so, 010113 is the day when I met EXO and after that day, my life absolutely changed especially after THAT kiss.

 

--- END OF CHAPTER 1 ---

 

*[KOREAN DICTIONARY]

몼셍 겯 다 (Mot-seng-gyeot-da) - You're ugly!

아야 (a-ya) - Ouch!

죄송합니다! (joe-song-hab-ni-da) - Formal way of saying I'm sorry!

 

 

Omg. Yayyyyyy. End of chapter 1 already! ^___^

How was my first ever fanfic? heh :x Will upload Chapter 2 pretty soon~ Look forward okies? :*

Leave down your comments for ways that I could improve alright? :>

(PS: Please pardon me for my grammar/typo errors etc n_n)

xoxo, chensome