[9] "Why are you like this?"

New Song
A/N: I dont know how this would come out but i will be basing some of the scenes in this chapter from real life events. But i hope you guys will like this chapter.
This chapter will start in their Senior Year in SM University as Jaejoong is still with Jessica while Dami on the other hand, had just returned from the States, having completely put aside her painful relationship with Jaejoong. This chapter will also reveal that both Dami and Jaejoong still has some feelings for each other but neither wants to admit it.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

+++++
After learning that Dami had temporarily moved to the States for the Summer, Jaejoong was glad to know that she was doing fine without him as he decided to continue dating Jessica from that point on. Although he was happy with Jessica now, Jaejoong still can't push himself to love her as much as he had loved Dami as he can honestly say that he still have feelings for her.

Meanwhile in the States, Dami made some new friends as she was able to move on with her life happily. While in the States, Dami also tried to start on a relationship when she began to date a guy named Choi Siwon [a/n: i just placed Siwon here since I couldn't think of another guy to pair her up with]. Although she was a bit happy to be able to start a new relationship with Siwon, Dami was not whole-heartedly in love with him as she wanted to avoid going through that painful time again. Like Jaejoong, Dami was also unable to push herself to love him as she also still had feelings for him given the fact that she was unable to give to Jaejoong the box she wanted to return to him.

----
*Dami's POV
It's been 6 months now since the last time I saw Jaejoong. I don't know how he's doing but recently I've heard that he has been dating Jessica. I felt happy for him that he was able to move on yet I felt jealous for no reason. I don't know what the reason is but ever since I moved here to the States for the summer and start a relationship with Siwon, I didn't understand why I couldn't bring myself to fully love him. Ever since I moved back to the States for the summer, he was the first one I met and I thought that I should move on also and started dating him.

Although he had been nice to me from the start, I felt sorry for him as I was unable to return the love he gave me for the past several weeks. Thinking that it would just seem like I was hurting him that way, I decided to talk to him during our date at the museum and break things off and just remain friends.

"Oppa, there's something I need to tell you." I said as we sat down at the museum's cafe.

"What is it?" He asked.

"Oppa, you're very nice guy and have good manners and all but is it alright if we just stayed friends?" I asked nervously.

"Arasso. I understand that you're not ready to start a new relationship yet. I won't ask the reason because I trust you. I hope that you can find someone that can truly make you happy. I know that you will probably say the same. I don't blame you if you don't feel the same way." He replied calmly. I felt bad at that moment that I was suddenly breaking his heart. But I really owe him a lot for changing me.

"Thank you oppa for understanding. I guess I owe you a lot. Is it alright to be friends?" I asked.

"Neh. Since you owe me, why don't you treat us to a dinner since I'm kinda starving now?" He replied in a joking manner.

"Arasso, it's the least that I can pay you back for." I replied with a smile.

After that day, Siwon oppa never mentioned anything about that again as we remained friends. He was also the first to send me off when my family and I went back to Korea.

+++++++
6 months later....

*Jaejoong's POV
It was Saturday afternoon that Jessica went out on our date as we walked along the streets of Apgujong. For the whole afternoon that Jessica and I had been walking along the streets, I somehow felt that something bad was going to happen and I didn't understand what it meant. Rather than thinking about it, Jessica and I continued to walk the distance when I saw Dami walking across the street with her eyes glued to her phone as I noticed that a car was coming toward her.

I don't remember what happened then but i suddenly felt a rush of anger through me as I rushed toward Dami and pulled her out of the road.

"YAH! ARE YOU CRAZY?!" I asked angrily as I pulled the earphones from her ears. "YAH! WHAT IS SO IMPORTANT IN YOUR PHONE THAT YOU DIDN'T EVEN HEAR THE CAR COMING AT YOU?!"

"Thanks for saving my life but why are you like this?" I couldn't believe how she asked me that question so calmly when she almost got herself killed.

"WHY AM I LIKE THIS?!! YOU'RE SERIOUSLY ASKING ME WHY I'M LIKE THIS?!! YOU COULD'VE GOTTEN YOURSELF KILLED AND YOU'RE CALM ABOUT IT?!" I replied. I was happy to see her but the reason I was mad at her is because I got scared out of my wits that she almost got herself killed just carelessly walking across the street with her eyes glued to the phone.

*Dami's POV
I was walking around Apgujong on my first day back and I was on a video call with SooJung using my earphones as I was walking across the street when suddenly I felt someone pull me out. When I looked at the rude guy that pulled me out, I noticed Jaejoong was glaring at me angrily. Just then I was startled when he began yelling at me after he pulled me aside.

***"YAH! ARE YOU CRAZY?!!" Jaejoong asked angrily as he pulled out the earphones from my ears. "YAH! WHAT IS SO IMPORTANT IN YOUR PHONE THAT YOU DIDN'T EVEN HEAR THE CAR COMING AT YOU?!!" ***

My heart was pounding fast and I had a sudden mix of emotions all coming at once as I just looked at him with a blank stare. I was in fact scared of his angry side a little more than scared of my life as I didn't know what right words to say. ***"Thanks for saving my life but why are you like this?"***

"WHY AM I LIKE THIS?! YOU'RE SERIOUSLY ASKING ME WHY I'M LIKE THIS?!! YOU COULD'VE GOTTEN YOURSELF KILLED AND YOU'RE CALM ABOUT IT?!" He asked angrily.

At that moment, I didn't know what else to say since he was really angry at me. I felt useless as he yelled at me until he remembered something.

"Aish!! Forget it!! Just watch where you're going next time Arasso?" He asked.

"A-a-arasso." I replied as I watched him leave and link arms with Jessica.

*Nobody's POV
Just as Dami watched Jaejoong and Jessica leave, Dami's eyes suddenly became filled with tears when his angry voice echoed in her mind. Her knees then began to grow weak but just as she was about to collapse, Changmin and SooJung arrived on time as Changmin quickly caught her. They were both happy to see Dami but at the same time they were confused as they didn't know why she was crying.
____________________________________________________________
A/N:
***[dialogue]*** means that this is a true story. This part right here was the actual words that Jonghyun and Key said to each other not too long ago when Jonghyun saved Key's life from getting hit by a motorcycle.

here is the proof.. [http://bruneishawols.wordpress.com/2010/06/24/fan-account-key-almost-got-hit-by-a-motorcycle-and-jonghyun-came-to-the-rescue/]

Anyway, I'm sorry I took all day to write this chapter since I had a writer's block while I was putting this together. But anyway i hope u guys like.

All Rights Reserved. Copyright 2010. Mickie Knight.