[6] "We just care about you."

New Song
*Hyerin's POV
"What's taking her so long?" I asked myself as I looked at my watch to notice that class is almost over and she still hasnt't come out so I decided to ask again.
"Dami, everything all right in there?" I asked but there was no reply so I decided to go on in and saw that she was gone.

I was beginning to panic so i went and checked at every cubicle in the bathroom until I saw a post-it note stuck to one of the mirrors.

"I have to go tell the others immediately!" I told myself as I took the post-it note from the mirror as I ran out the door while calling the others right away.

"Please don't do anything to yourself Dami." I thought to myself as I felt my tears begin to fall.

The bell rang just in time as I ran out of the bathroom to find the others.

"Yoochun! SooJung! Junsu!" I yelled as I caught a glimpse of the others coming out of the classroom.

"Unni! What happened? Are you alright?" Soojung asked me as I stood in front of them as I tried to catch my breath.

"Where's Dami?" I heard Junsu ask.

"I don't know. I was just outside the bathroom waiting for her but when I came in to check on her she was gone and this was the only thing I found." I replied as I showed them the post-it note.

"'Dear Hyerin unni,
I'm sorry I left like this. I can't go on with this day if I'm just going to see him around the campus. I'm sorry if I'm acting up and worrying you all. Please forgive me.
-Dami.'" I heard Soojung read the note out loud.

"We have to go find her immediately. She's unstable right now. Yoochun-ah, Junsu-ah, call the others to meet at Dami's house she could be there." I told them after I finally got my breath back as they nodded and dialed their numbers immediately.

While Yoochun and Junsu were on the phone calling the others, the four of us walked to the office to get permission to leave early and look for Dami.

-------------
While on the road to make our way to Dami's house, SooJung suddenly remembered something that will make our search for Dami a lot easier.

"Unni, do you still remember that pink den in the backyard?" SooJung asked me.

I still remember the pink den, that den used to be a storage room until she got her parents' permission to turn it into her private den. I still remember the times she would go lock herself whenever she and Kimbum had a fight.

"Neh. Why?" I asked.

"Maybe she could be there. She used to lock herself there when she would have a fight with Kimbum." SooJung replied.

Thinking that she could be right, Yoochun drove as fast as he could to get there sooner. When we arrived, we immediately asked Butler Yi to lead us to the backyard where we found the Pink Den. Just as SooJung thought that she would be there, we could hear Dami's voice loud and clear when we noticed that her maids were trying to give her some food. When the maids saw us, one of them came to us and asked for our help.

"Let us do it maybe she'll listen to us." I said to the maid as SooJung and I excused them.

"You guys stand by around the den just in case she tries to run away." I told them as they nodded and went to opposite sided of the den.

"Dami-ah! We know you're in there. Please come out." I asked.

"No. Please leave me alone!" I heard Dami reply.

"Unni, please talk to us. We're just worried for you." SooJung said as Dami refused to open up.

Thinking that she would be refusing again, I went inside the house and asked Butler Yi for the spare key. When I received it, I thanked him and told him to call her mother and inform her of what is happening as we tried to convince her to talk to us. When I came out, I showed them the key and silently tried to open the door.

When we got inside, Dami was crying in one corner of the den while the ripped pictures of her and Jaejoong was littered all over the floor. From the look on Dami's face, she was starting to look unstable. So we calmly tried to talk to her.

"Dami-ah, I thought you were feeling better. Why did you run away?" I asked.

"How do you expect me to feel better and move on with my life if I'm just gonna keep seeing him all day? I just couldn't take it. It's hard for me to pretend that I don't see him." Dami replied as tears began to fall.

"I understand you want to avoid the chances of seeing him. But running away won't solve anything. It can satisfy you temporarily but you're still suffering." I replied as I also began to feel the tears forming in my eyes.

"Dami-ah, we're trying our best to help you so that you can avoid going back to your old state. Thinking about it too much will only get you back to that state faster. Unni, please try to understand that we care about you." SooJung said as she was also beginning to tear up.

"I know you care about me and I really appreciate it, I really do. It's just that no matter how hard I'm gonna end up trying to forget about it, one way or another, I'm just gonna end up going through the same pain as I did when I was with Kimbum." Dami reasoned.

"Andwe! We're not gonna let you go back to that! Do you know how horrified we were to watch you get pinned down to the ground by those medics when you had those breakdowns? We were as traumatized as you were during that time." I heard SooJung say as were startled by her answer.

"SooJung's right Dami. Even if we don't know what really happened in the past, you should still understand that we only care about you." Junsu said.

"Dami-ah, you have to understand that no matter what happens, we'll always be here for you." Yoochun added.

------------------------------
"How is she?" Soo Eun asked when SooJung and I were coming out from Dami's room.

"She's sleeping right now. She was a bit unstable when we arrived earlier. It took us a while to get her to calm down but she eventually calmed down just a couple of hours ago." I replied.

"Is she gonna be alright?" Pira asked, while the others only looked at us with concern in their eyes.

"I hope so. Her mom is scared that she might throw another break down so she asked us to stay with her for a few days to keep her some company. The guys are still inside watching her just in case she wakes up." I replied.

"Does she know yet?" Soo Eun asked.

"Not yet, but I think it's a better idea to tell her." I replied.
____________________________________________________________
All Rights Reserved. Copyright 2010. Mickie Knight.