[12] New Song

New Song
+++++
After much anticipation of the annual SM Idol that occurs every year, the wait was finally over as classes were cancelled to let students prepare for the night's showcase. With the callbacks from the auditions, it was announced that tonight's showcase was much bigger than the previous years as more participants signed up to perform.

"OH.MY.GOSH! I can't believe it! SM Idol is tonight!" Soo Eun exclaimed as she and the girls walked excitedly along the hallways one morning on the way to meet the boys.

"Hey ladies." Yunho greeted as the rest of the boys waved at them.

"Hey guys. Are you ready for tonight?" Pira asked.

"Yeah. We're ready." Yoochun replied. "What about you Dami are you ready for tonight?"

"Neh." Dami replied.

"Oh hey I asked Jaejoong to sit with us today so we could practice. Is it alright with you?" Yunho asked, turning to Dami.

"Huh? Oh. S-sure. I don't mind." Dami replied hesitantly.

"Are you sure?" Pira asked.

"Yes. I'm sure." Dami replied again.

------
Later that evening, the much anticipated showcase was finally there and a huge crowd filled the auditorium as they excitedly waited to watch their friends' performance.

"Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen! My name is Kangta and I will be the host for tonight!" Kangta introduced before going on. "So is everyone excited for tonight? I saw a lot of performers backstage and one of them will be awarded SM Idol!"

Loud cheers soon filled the auditorium as the crowd excitedly waited for the host to announce the performers.

"Alright. Settle down. Let's get the party started! Coming back again we have SNSD as they perform "Oh!" So let's give them a round of applause!" Kangta announced as he finally called out the first group.

"Thank you SNSD! That was indeed a pretty good song!" Kangta announced after they finished the song. "Now let's give the 13 boys a big round of applause as they asked to show 2 songs. Here they are Super Junior with Miinah and No Other!"

Performance after performance, the crowd was very much pleased throughout the show.

"We're down with our last 3 performances for tonight. With everyone's anticipation...5 popular guys are finally taking the stage this year as one of them...namely Yoochun....wrote and composed the song while Junsu choreographed. Here they are DBSK with "Rising Sun". Please give them a round of applause." Kangta announced as Yunho, Jaejoong, Yoochun, Junsu, and Changmin came out from backstage.

"Now. I cry under my skin.. My tears have gone to the skies and made the rain
that falls onto the earth and washes my newly imprinted pain.

No! Forgivness is an endless luxury of mine. No! My anger has flown off without target and lost its way
No! I pray for atonement with words of attachment No! Here I go, Come back!" The boys began to sing powerfully.

"Be like me. My heart is filled with a growing Innocence.
Like a flame burning brightly, Like the last radiant sunset
(I'm) waiting for Rising Sun

Where's the end to this chaos? Somebody talks its not the same answer everyday
Is desire the sketh of happiness? Somebody talks it's not the solution to the moment. Rise up! Rise up!" The boys finished as the crowd gave them a standing ovation for their awesome performance.

"Well. That was a very powerful song. Great Job guys. We are now down to 2 performers. Please welcome SHINee as they perform their new original song...written by none other than Kim Jonghyun... Please welcome SHINee as they sing "Holiday"!" Kangta announced as SHINee came out. [a/n: 'Holiday' is rumored to be in SHINee's upcoming full album. It is true that another member wrote the lyrics to one of their songs in their new album but i am not sure if jonghyun wrote the lyrics to this one.]

"Thank you SHINee. That was amazing! Give them a round of applause." Kangta announced as he got ready to announce the last performer for the night.

"Where's Dami? Isn't she performing also? Did she perform yet?" Pira asked.

"No. She hasn't yet. Relax Pira. Kangta is about to announce her." Hyerin replied as she made Pira pay attention to the stage.

"Alright everyone, we are taking it down a notch as our last performer...Lee Dami performs for the first time. Please give her a round of applause as she performs "New Song"." Kangta announced as Dami finally walked out to the piano.

"Before I start, I just want to say that this is a song I wrote with someone a long time ago. The message in this may also affect everyone in a good way. I hope you enjoy." Dami announced as she took her seat and got ready to play.

"It was I..who learned this song...after we separated." Dami began as she began to play the piano.

[a/n: here is the video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9rAzXx274E&feature=player_embedded]

While playing the song, Dami began to tear up as the memories of her and Jaejoong together flashed back into her mind and the same went for Jaejoong. As they both reminisced their past memories together, it was only then they realized that they were meant for each other. When Dami finished....Jaejoong suddenly went up to Dami.

"What are you doing?" Dami asked as she wiped her tears.

"I just realized that I was wrong for thinking that we weren't meant for each other. I was being an idiot for doing what I did. I was wrong. I'm sorry. I really wish I could turn back time and avoid that mistake." Jaejoong said as he began to walk toward Dami.

"T-that's a little too late now." Dami replied.

"I know. Ever since that day we met again and I saved you from the car accident... I realized that I was making the mistake of my life. All I'm trying to say is that I really want to start over from the start. Avoid those same mistakes."

With every word he said, Dami began to tear up more as she felt the same way for him also.

"Jaejoong...." Dami said as she stood up from her seat and said "...mianhe..." before she ran up to Jaejoong's arms.

Thinking that Jaejoong's confession was part of Dami's performance...the crowd cheered them on as they gave Dami a standing ovation. Soon the crowd chanted "Kiss! Kiss!" at the reunited couple. Giving in, Jaejoong slowly leans forward as he places his soft lips onto Dami's.

"Okay. That was a very touching ending. Please be seated and give a round of applause to Dami and Jaejoong." Kangta exclaimed. Now that everyone has performed we will now judge the winners for tonight's SM Idol!"

After a short pause, Kangta receives the results for the show.

"Now that I have the results...I will finally announce the winners of tonights show." Kangta began as he opened the envelope. "In third place....SNSD. Second place we have SHINee. And last but not least we have a tie for 1st place. Tonight's winners of SM Idol are...DBSK AND LEE DAMI!"

The crowd cheered loudly as they congratulated Dami and the boys for the win. Soon the show ended and Dami and the others celebrated their win.

Months after they graduated...Dami and Jaejoong got married as they started their lives anew.

THE END
_______________________________________________________________
A/N: Hey guys i hope you liked the ending. Thanks a lot for the support and the comments. I really appreciate it.
If you guys want to appear on another fanfiction of mine... just go to /kpopenterprise and fill out the application form.

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. COPYRIGHT 2010. MICKIE KNIGHT.