Chapter 6

Playing With Our Hearts (

I had been up since 5 a.m. doing absolutely nothing but cleaning. Why? Because my mother got called in for an emergency at the clinic and I had to make the house spotless. My Aunt Lily would be here any minute, and I still needed to make up the guest bedroom. Gosh, this was such a drag. 

I gently pulled the sheets out of the dryer and dumped them in the hamper. I was always at folding clothes and making up beds, but hey! There's always a good five minutes to learn something new. I carried the basket up to the room beside mine, and layed the sheets on the bed. It only took me about ten minutes to do a job of making up the bed, and it was a good thing too, because the doorbell rang right after that.

"Coming!"  I yelled, quickly making my way downstairs, only pausing to admire my outfit. A nice blue, floral, tank top and white skinny jeans. Not too girly, but not boyish. I rushed over to the door and swung it open, only to be completely shocked at what I found.

"Gosh, Blair! I ran into this lovely woman outside, and turns out... she's your Aunt! Why wasn't I informed a relative of yours was coming over?" Amber asked, smirking as my Aunt pulled me in for a hug. 

"Hey sweetie!" Lily exclaimed, giving me a once over. She hadn't changed at all since the last time I saw her. Same shoulder length black hair, same bubbly personality, and same piercing green eyes. 

"Hi Aunt Lily! Glad to see you've met Amber."  I smiled, allowing them both in. Amber stuck out her tongue as she walked behind my Aunt, and I tried to make the most threatening face I could. 

"Yes! Don't take this the wrong way Blair, but I didn't think you had any friends. I thought you were more of a... stick-to-yourself kind of gal. Nothing wrong with that, of course!" My Aunt had a knack for rambling. Can't say that I missed it, but she meant well.

"Yeah, well Amber is my only friend. God, that sounds pitiful." I sighed, getting Amber to help with Lily's suitcases. 

"Please. I'm all you need." Amber winked. 

"Well, I'm glad to see Blair getting along with someone so well. It's nice seeing her so.... happy." I blushed at the statement, following my Aunt up the stairs. She had been here enough to know where her room was. When we entered and set down the suitcases, she turned to me and chuckled. "Blair, sweetheart, did you try to make the bed?" My cheeks flamed more and I gently nodded my answer. "You see, Amber, our Blair is great at a lot of things... but she's crap at making a bed and folding clothes." My Aunt laughed loudly, and I felt an arm sling over my shoulder. I looked over to see Amber smiling down at me. 

"I'll keep that one in mind." She smiled even more, so now her eyes looked completely closed. I felt my face get even hotter, and my blush creep down my neck. What the hell did that mean?

"It's not my fault. Mom had to leave an-" My Aunt cut me off, and made my gaze move from Amber to her.

"Oh, God. Where is Minny anyways?" She sighed, flopping down on the bed. 

"At work. She was called in for an emergency." 

"Great! I have a few hours until I get the cold shoulder then. Lovely." Aunt Lily layed down on the bed a shut her eyes. Amber gave me a quizzical look, but I just shrugged. I guess she was tired. 

"Aunt Lily, do you want me to make lunch? I haven't eaten yet so I can-"

"Oh no! That's unnecessary! I ate on the way here. You can go make something for yourself and Amber." 

I was about to reply when Amber cut me off. "Actually, Miss Lily, I was coming over to see if Blair would like to grab some lunch with me. I didn't know she had family over though. Is it alright if I borrow her?"  Liar. I glared at the back of her head, then turned my gaze to my Aunt, who was smiling. 

"Sure! Go right ahead. Just come back in time for dinner, I'm sure Minny doesn't need two things to be worrying about."

"Of course, I'll have her back in time. Well, come along Blair."  Amber grabbed my hand and tugged me out of my Aunts' room. I stopped her before we could reach the stairs. 

"It's cool outside. Let me grab a sweater or something." She nodded before following me to my room. "I'm glad I had a say in the matter, with you taking me out and all." I remarked, roaming through my shirts.

"Do you ever have a say? Besides, I was hungry and the family was out. What else was I suppose to do?" She teased. I found a large, black sweater that should keep me warm, and slipped it over my head. 

"You could just cook. How does this look?" I questioned, turning to face Amber, who was sitting comfortably on my bed. She smirked and tilted her head slightly, looking down at the sweater.

"Well, I can't complain. Seeing how it's my sweater and all." I glanced down and, sure enough, I was in the sweater she let me borrow the day I was splattered with coke.

"Sorry." I mumbled, my face heating up. I was about to take it off, when she spoke again.

"No, keep it on. You look," I watched as Amber's smirk turned into a gentle smile, one that suddenly had my heart hammering. "cute."

"T-Thanks... Well, you don't look to bad yourself." I laughed, trying to take the attention off of me, and calm down my blush. It was the truth, Amber looked really good today, just like any other. Her blonde hair was scattered around, but in a good way. She wore a red t-shirt with a black leather jacket, black skinny jeans, and red Vans. I couldn't help but admire her from head to toe. She was remarkably beautiful.

"You really think so? I dress to impress."  She remarked, shuffling her hair as she followed me downstairs.

"Don't get too cocky, Llama. I was just returning the favor." 

"Llama? Is that my nickname now?" She laughed. I closed the front door quickly, desperate to see her laugh. Sure enough, she was clutching her stomach, laughing so hard, with her eyes crinkled up. I don't know why, but I always love watching her laugh. It's adorable, and makes me want to smile the rest of the day. God, that sounded so cliche, but it was true. It was too cute... she was too cute.

"Yeah, it is. Now come along Llama, we must find you food before you parish." I chuckled, grabbing her hand and pulling her with me. I needed to try and enjoy this, her laughing so hard and me holding her hand, tugging her along. These moments, along with every other moment with Amber, was what made everything at home and school that much bearable. Thinking of how she laughs, how her eyes crinkle up, the gentle smile she gets when she's sincere. All of those things are the beauty of Amber, and its scaring me how much I miss them when she's gone.


A/N 

Sooo we had some Blair and Amber fluff in here today! Whoop whoop! I promised you guys an update, so here one is... even though I should really be studying for my APHG test...

Oh my gosh, this is super off topic, but do you guys know 17? The new Pledis rookie group that has yet to debut? *sighs* I'm falling in love with them all. SAMUEL IS SO CUTE UGH.

Anyways, I hope you're okay with this chapter... I think it's kinda short. But please subscribe and comment below what you think so far! I love reading them (good or bad).

Saranghae!!!! (still) Hwaiting!!