Chapter 10

Playing With Our Hearts (

Despite my multiple  attempts of talking Amber out of going to L.A., even though I was pretty sure she couldn't hear me anyways, we ended up getting there at about 3 in the afternoon. Even though Lockhart was on the outskirts of the big city, traffic was horrendous and took forever. When we did arrive, though, Amber seemed to know exactly where she was going. The blonde to a quiet, wealthy looking street, and continued on till the end. I tightened my grip around her waist as she made a sharp turn into a driveway. When the death trap finally stopped, I dared to open my eyes and loosen my grip a little.

"We're here." Amber said, placing her hands over mine and gently removed my arms from her waist. I tugged off my helmet and followed as she pushed the bike into a shed.

"And where, exactly, is here?" I asked, getting a good look at the house in front of me. It wasn't very large, just a simple two story, with light grey siding and black shutters. Despite the normality the colors were, the house have off a sophisticated and elegant look. I tailed behind Amber as she went through the garage and stopped at the door.

"This was my old house, before we moved. Could you, uh, take of your shoes?" She asked, an odd blush creeping over her cheeks. I nodded and we both slipped them off. Amber grabbed my hand and gave me a warm smile before opening the door. As soon as I stepped in, a warmth enveloped me immediately. After a long ride of being hit by the fall/winter air, it was a nice change in temperature. 

"Jackie!" Amber called out, a goofy smile on her lips. She looked around for a few seconds before we both heard footsteps.

"Whose Jackie?" I asked, letting my hand fall out of Ambers' to admire a photograph. 

"Oh, she's my-"

"Amber!!" 

We both whipped around at the new, deep voice. A girl, who looked eerily like Amber, jumped down the stairs and bolted over to us. She wrapped her arms around Amber and began laughing. I could easily that they were sisters, especially how Jackie's short black hair and crinkled eyes matched Amber to perfectly.

"Who's this?" Jackie asked when they pulled away, gesturing to me. I blushed a little at the attention and gave a small smile.

"I'm Blair." I watched as Jackie raised an eyebrow at her sister and Amber uncharacteristically blushed crimson.

"Is this the same Blair you've been talking about?" Amber let out a nervous laugh and threw her arm over my shoulders.

"Well, she's my only friend in Lockhart, so probably."

"I'm Jackie!" Ambers sister said enthusiastically, holding out a hand. I shook it politely. "Are you guys hungry? We can have a late lunch." Jackie suggested. As if on cue, my stomach let out a not-so-silent wail.

"That sounds really nice, actually." I nodded, flushing slightly at the dying whale noise. Jackie gave me an approving smile before turning around and skipping down the hall. Before Amber could follow, I tugged on her sleeve to stop her.

"You talk about me?" I asked playfully, lightly poking her forehead.

"Of course. Only the terrible things, though." She rolled her eyes and gave me one of her heart-stopping smiles.

"Well, c'mon Llama. I'm on the verge of eating you if I don't get some food!" I pouted, trying to move the subject of me aside.

"Oh God no! Not my perfect face!" She cried, dragging my laughing self behind.


The evening with Amber and her sister was the best I'd had in a while. To my (and Ambers) surprise, I broke out of my shell quickly around Jackie. We all just joked around the whole time, and Jackie even reminisced on her and Ambers childhood. As it turned out, Jackie had baked Amber a Llama cake and we all devoured that pretty quickly.Time flew by for the three of us, and before I knew it, it was already 7. Amber noticed this too, and reluctantly said goodbye to her sister. Even I was upset when we had to leave... Jackie had really grown on me. I gave her a tight squeeze before hopping back on Amber bike and pulling out of the driveway.
It took me a few minutes to realise that we weren't going in the direction towards Lockhart. If anything, we were going into, what looked to be, a rich section of town. When Amber finally stopped, parking off to the side of the road next to a park, did I finally speak.

"Amber..." I began, eyes wandering over the expanse of the city. "What're we doing here?" 

"I just... I'm don't know. Come over and sit down." She said, a little too dull for my liking, and patted the seat next to her on the grass. I followed her instructions and took my place beside her, gazing at the building in front of us. They were older and more worn looking, the old copper on the hand rails and other parts of the building turning a beautiful blue. They were definitely older, that's for sure. Instead of prying into why we were here, like I oh so wanted to do,  I kept quiet and leaned into Amber.

It didn't take that long before she spoke again, though. Amber usually wasn't the quiet type.

"Can I tell you something?" She asked, eyes never leaving the building ahead of us. I simply hummed in response, not really trusting my mouth while my brain went on hyperactive mode at the thought a secret. "I had... I had this girlfriend, Krystal." 

Instantly, my mouth dried up. Girlfriend? Amber has had a... girlfriend? I sat up then, to look at her. She, however, was still gazing at the building.

"R-Really? A girlfriend?" I asked, trying to not sound surprised. I always try not to judge a book by its cover, but I guess I could've assumed that Amber wasn't exactly... hetero. She nodded, seeming way too calm for the situation.

"She was an exchange student, from South Korea, but she spoke English really well, so we could talk. We started dating a little while after we met. I use to bring her here... but she never seemed to like it. Maybe it was too old or something." I watched as Amber scratched her cheek thoughtfully, while I nodded for her to continue. "I liked her a lot, I guess. We were just really close. One night, I brought her over here and she pretty much dropped a bomb shell on me. Krystal told me she was moving back to South Korea, to finish up high school back home. Before she left, though, she gave me her cell phone number, so I could call her. Try to keep it going long-distance."

"Well, that was thoughtful." I pointed out. I got a little confused when Amber let out a sad chuckled.

"Yeah, sure it was. I called her the first few days, but then school started getting swamped and I stopped for about a week. When I called her next," Amber looked down at the pavement, eyes glistening. "Some guy picked up the phone. A young guy. He asked who was calling, and I heard Krystal in the background. She was giggling and saying 'Oppa! Put the phone away and come back to bed!' It was really hard for me to believe, but I knew what had happened. I was devastated. She called me the next morning and broke up with me."

"God, Amber. I'm so sor-" 

"Do you know how much that hurt?" She cut me off, finally facing me. Fresh tears poured from her eyes, and my heart physically hurt. "I was cheated on. For a guy. I mean, it really ." She let out a soft chuckle. "I was a really bad kid in school after that. I was always getting suspended and had detention, so finally my parents stepped in. They said they'd found a house in a town called Lockhart. Said I'd be going to an all girls school. I was so mad and I refused to go. But of course, I had to go. And you know what?" 

I smiled a little at her, reaching out to brush some tears away. "What?" I asked softly.

"I don't regret it at all. Because if I didn't go, I wouldn't have met you." My hand froze at her words. 

"W-What?" I asked, barely above a whisper.

Amber sighed before continuing. "Damnit, Blair. I like you. I really, really like you. And I know this is all so weird to you because we're friends, but I think you deserve to know. I never brought Krystal home, she never met Jackie. You're special to me, and I want you to know that." 

About half-way through what she said, I felt my face heat up so quickly, I was extremely thankful it was dark.
"You're blushing." She stated, a small smile forming. Damn street lamps. "I'm taking that as a good sign, okay?" She asked gingerly, before taking my hand, that was still on her face, and holding it against her cheek. A nervousness erupted in my stomach, that I wasn't sure could be defined as good or bad.

"A-Amber I-" 

"Just let me... can I kiss you?" She asked me, her eyes never leaving mine. My heart rate jumped up, and I was pretty sure I was starting to shake. Amber pulled my hand away from her cheek and placed it at the nape of her neck. "You don't have to kiss back, I just have really wanted to do this." She whispered, leaning closer and closer, eyes not breaking their gaze with mine. I still hadn't answered when we were only millimeters apart, and I could feel her hot breath on my lips. "Just tell me to stop." 

I didn't. And that's why I wasn't too shocked to feel her lips connect with mine. Immediately, my brain froze up, not even registering what was happening. I'd never been kissed before, but if I had known it felt like this... God.
Amber was moving her lips against my unresponsive ones, eyes closed, and a hand holding my shoulder. Her lips were so...  soft. Softer than I imagined them to be. She seemed to be experienced, moving expertly even though I was giving nothing back. She moved away after a few seconds like that, and the second her lips left mine, a realization flashed through my head.

"I'm sorry about that, Blair. Really. I just-" I cut her of by pulling her closer, connecting my lips to her once again. She was shocked at first, but after I tugged on her short hair when a couple of seconds passed (because I had no clue what I was doing), Amber gripped me tighter and pulled me closer, causing me to smile into the kiss. Even though I knew pretty much nothing when it came to kissing, I was pretty sure that the one we were sharing now was probably a little heated. I tangled my hands in her messy blonde hair and tugged slightly, eliciting a small moan from the girl. 'Okay,' I said mentally. 'Tug Amber's hair, file away forever.' 

When we pulled back for air, I was a little surprised to see a decently dark blush on her cheeks. Amber gave me the most heart-stopping smile ever, and wrapped my up in a huge hug. 

"God, I'm so glad that you did that." She mumbled, nuzzling her nose into the crook of my neck.

"Hmm." I hummed, a broad smile refusing to leave my face. "I wouldn't have realised it if you hadn't of kissed me." 

"Which I don't regret. At all." She pulled back, and laughed. "Gosh this is such a relief." 

"Yeah?" I asked, enjoying such a happy Llama.

"Yeah." She smiled at me again, and then the butterflies were back. I snuck a glance at my watch and panic arose in me. 

"Jesus, it's already 9." I exclaimed, throwing a worried look at Amber. She shrugged and stood up, then held out her hand for me. I took it, and relaxed when Amber pulled me up and intertwined our fingers. 

"Better get you home."

The ride was much shorter going back than going, but I found myself a little disappointed when I saw our houses come into view. Amber pulled into her driveway and parked the bike, letting me put up my helmet and stall a little before I left.

"I had fun." I said, smiling as I watched Amber put her stuff up. She smiled over at me and walked over, placing my hands around her neck and her own at my waist. I had a sudden fear of being caught, but was distracted when Amber gave me a quick kiss

"Me too." 

"I've got to go home now." I sighed, looking over at my house.

"Go out with me tomorrow." 

"Like a date?" 

"Yes, a date."

"...Okay, sure." I answered, smiling up at the girl in front of me. "But I've really got to go." 

"Alright, alright." She pressed a chaste kiss to my lips, and released my waist. 

I waved bye as I walked toward my house. "Happy Birthday, Llama!" She laughed and shook her head, eyes following me up the stairs.

I closed the front door as quietly as I could before making my way upstairs.

"Have fun?" My aunt called from her bedroom. I smiled at the floor, the pressure of Amber's lips still on my own.

"Yeah, it was the best." I answered, before slipping into my room.



A/N Yay! Something finally happened with Amber and Blair!! Whoop whoop! So I've been super lazy lately, but here I am to celebrate you guys! Because my readers are awesome, end of the story. And I've mapped out the rest of the story!! Good news and bad news, though. Good news is that I'm sure you guys will like the plot, bad news is the story might not be, like, 20 chapters. It depends on how much I put in each chapter. But, anyways... Please leave your comments!! I love reading them, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask!! 
Oh, side note, Amber and Blair are seniors. I can't remember if I put their age before, but if I did, then oh well. Amber's 18, Blair is 17.
Thanks again for reading, and hopefully I'll update soon. Love you!!!

OH! Last thing! ( ̄▽ ̄;) I'm thinking about doing a Zelo fanfic, and I'd love to hear your feedback!http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/683008/angel-romance-you-zelo-bap-slightangst-junhongandyou

Let me know in the comments if I should start it after I end PWOH! Saranghae!!