Chapter 7: A little sympathy

Stuck between two
As the boys walked towards where they could get their food, only Eunjae remained seated there and took out the bread that she had. When Jihoo saw that, he walked back towards where Eunjae was.
 
"Why are you still eating bread? There's tons of things here that are healthier and with higher protein." Jihoo asked, while sitting down on his chair, facing towards Eunjae.
 
"Er.. it's okay, I'll just have my bread." Eunjae replied back with a wide smile. Although it looked kinda awkward and fake.
 
"Are you sure?" Jihoo was confused. Why didn't Eunjae want anything there? And why was her smile so awkward looking..
 
"Yeah. I don't want to waste food." Eunjae assured him as she continued chewing her bread.
 
"Okay then." Jihoo gave up, as he walked off and got his food. At that point of time, Minho saw their commotion and started to know what was going on. He was the smartest one amongst them, and he always assumes things correctly. With guessing what was the cause of Eunjae eating breads, he got another set of what he had gotten.
 
"Here, give her this." Minho said, as he offered to Jihoo. 
 
"What?" Jihoo asked, confused.
 
"She's eating bread cos she doesn't have money. Can't you tell? Why would she work as a part time waiter if she is rich." Minho said, as he passed what he had to Jihoo. And when Jihoo finally got to know what was happening, he took it and then walked towards their table and offered it to Eunjae.
 
"Here you go." 
 
"But-" 
 
"No buts, I bought another set extra, I don't wish to waste food. Do you? Furthermore it's quite expensive." Jihoo said while grabbing onto the bread in Eunjae's hand and then throwing it into a nearby bin.
 
Eunjae started to eat then, with a smile. And she gobbled up everything really quickly. It wasn't everyday that she could eat something like that.
 
---
 
Lunch time passed really quickly with laughters and joy. They then bid goodbye to Eunjae as the boys pushed Jihoo to accompany Eunjae to her class as they ran off. Jihoo and Eunjae then awkwardly walked towards her class, since they know why the boys were like this and what their intention was.
 
"Haha, don't mind them. It's just something they misunderstood." Jihoo said as he smiled at Eunjae.
 
"Don't worry, I know." Eunjae said, giving him a smile back. Jihoo suddenly felt a hit in his heart. It was the first time he thought that a girls smile was this cute and amazing. It sent chills in his body. His heart started to thump really fast, as he tried cooling himself down. 
 
"So I've reached." Eunjae said suddenly along the way. Jihoo didn't realized this as he was too busy trying to cool himself.
 
"Er, ya..." Jihoo suddenly felt his tongue rolling up and he couldn't speak like how he was able to.
 
As Eunjae noticed his different attitude, she suddenly got worried.
 
"Are you ok?" She asked, concernly as she stared into his eyes.
 
"Yeah. Yeah. I'm fine. Don't worry." Jihoo said, smiling forcefully.
 
"Ok.. Cya then." Eunjae said, still a little worried, as she turned away from him and walked towards class.
 
"What's happening to me..." Jihoo thought as he stood there, until the bell rang. He ran off to class.
 
---
 
"Why are they so close?" Jiwoo thought, forwning as he stared at Jihoo who was outside his class. 
 
He had witnessed the fact of them eating lunch, and Jihoo saving her, and also how he returned her the books she lost the previous time. As Eunjae broke his sight focusing on Jihoo, as she walked past him and towards her seat. He then shifted her attention towards Eunjae.
 
"Lee Eun Jae. You still owe me an explanation." Jiwoo asked before Mrs Bora came into class for lessons.
 
"I already told you." Eunjae said, hiding the fact that she had to work to pay her school fees.
 
"So you wanna be like that?" Jiwoo's voice a little angrier and louder said, as he frowned.
 
"What?" Eunjae replied back, similarly to Jiwoo's pitch upon noticing how Jiwoo had raised his voice at her.
 
"FINE" Jiwoo's voice sounded really mad now, as he stood up and slammed the table with his hands as he walked out of the class.
 
"What's wrong with him." Eunjae thought as she pouted and frowned.
 
At that moment, Mrs Bora walked in and called for attendance. Although Jiwoo's stuff were still there, he didn't show up throughout the whole lesson. 
 
"Where could he be gone to?" Eunjae thought as she looked towards where Jiwoo always sat, unable to focus on what Mrs Bora was teaching the whole time.
 
---
 
Lessons finally ended but Jiwoo still wasn't here. Although worried, Eunjae couldn't do anything, as she packed up her stuffs and rushed off to work, she stared at Jiwoo's stuff, and then left for work.
 
When she was running out of the class hurriedly, she banged into someone while she wasn't looking. Since she was focusing on Jiwoo's table, she wasn't looking infront. She almost flew off but luckily, she was grabbed and then pulled back to lean against that person's body, and then into an awkward position which somewhat looked like a hug.
 
"Sorry!" She said as she looked up, with that persons arm still wrapped around her. 
 
To her surprise, what she saw was.. Kim Jiwoo. They continued staring into each other's eyes for a few moments. Their body were so close together, that they could feel each other breathe. Upon coming back to senses, Eunjae quickly pushed herself away from him and adjusted her bangs.
 
"Sorry for banging into you." Eunjae said as she looked down, somewhat a little awkward and a little blushing at the same time.
 
"It's okay." Jiwoo said as he frowned, like usual. 
 
As they remained silent for a few moments, Eunjae suddenly came back to her senses and remembered about work.
 
"I will take my leave now." Eunjae said, as she tried to ran off. But she couldn't. Jiwoo grabbed onto her arm hardly without letting her move.
 
"What are you doing?!" Eunjae shouted, trying to shove off his tightly grabbing hand.
 
"Where do you think you are going during practise? You don't tell me the reason, you don't get to leave." Jiwoo said calmly, still not releasing her arm. 
 
But Eunjae continued remaining silent without any reasons, she only tried struggling herself from his arm, for about 30 seconds. 
 
"What do you want!?" Eunjae shouted then, giving up on struggling herself off as she just stood there, staring at him.
 
"I just want a reason."
 
"FINE THEN, I NEED TO WORK. IF NOT I WILL HAVE NO MONEY FOR SCHOOL. AND I HAVE TO WORK NOW, IF NOT I WILL GET FIRED AND NOT GET ANY PAY AND I WON'T HAVE THE MONEY
TO SURVIVE ANYMORE." Eunjae shouted loudly at him, her eyes a little teary, but her facial expression was only filled with anger.
 
Upon hearing what Eunjae said, Jiwoo let go of her hand dumbfounded. He felt a little sorry for treating Eunjae like that after hearing her difficulty. And when he let go of her, she ran off quickly, knowing that he had already delayed her time and she might be late. As she ran off to retrieve her bicycle.
 
Jiwoo finally got out of his dumbfounded mode and ran off to get his car, as he saw Eunjae trying to unlock her bicycle from the metal chains, he rolled down his windows.
 
"Get on, I will drive you to work." He offered as he looked over towards Eunjae, who was staring at him.
 
"What?" Eunjae was confused, why would he offer to help. He was always so cool, like he didn't even have any emotions. What's wrong with him today?
 
"Get on. You don't wanna be late for work." He then opened the car door from his side. Eunjae then got on his car, as he speed off after knowing where it was.
 
They reached her workplace really quickly, the difference between a car and a bicycle. And luckily, she was still 5mins away from her shift. 
 
"Thank you." She said as she got off the car, still a little confused at why he would help her.
 
"No need." His cold expression was back then, as he drove off after she closed the car door.
 
---
 
Jiwoo then drove back to school, as they still had practise and he was their in charge. He couldn't be gone without saying anything, it would be irresponsible of him. 
 
He then parked his car, catching sight of Eunjae's bicycle who is still parked there. 
 
"I guess she will be back later to get her bicycle." He thought as he looked at Eunjae's old bicycle. It wasn't like what other girls will have, pink with pretty things hanging everywhere. It looked rusted, like it's about to spoil.
 
And that was when it hit him. He felt really guilty, being so mean to a poor girl who was just working hard for her life. 
 
"Why would a young girl like her work so hard when others are just enjoying life?" He thought, as he walks toward where his practising venue is.
 
 
I've added 2 chapters in a row since I have the time now! How is it? Any advice or opinion please leave it down on the comments below!! I would really LOVE to hear them from you guys!!