Chapter 8: The start of a new love

Stuck between two
"Please, I beg of you! Please give me one more week!" Eunjae begged.
 
Her parents had went gambling again, owing debts and resulting in the debtors chasing after Eunjae since they couldn't be found. 
 
"Who are you kidding? We gave your parents enough time! Now that they are gone, you are the one in charge of paying!" one of the debtors, pulling onto Eunjae's arm violently said, as he shoved her away, causing her to fall to the ground with a thud.
 
"Please...." Eunjae begged on her knees, crying at the same time.
 
"If you can't pay up today, we have no choice!" one said as he pulled out a knife.
 
Eunjae shivered, her face soaked with tears, as she saw the knife. She crawled back, and back, until she banged into the wall.
 
"Hahaha" the debtors all laughed together, as they gathered around poor Eunjae. 
 
---
 
"Is that Eunjae?" Jiwoo thought as he droved past a small alley and witnessed upon Eunjae being surrounded with a group of guys.
 
He immediately stopped his car and alighted, dashing towards the small alley. 
 
"EUNJAE?!" He shouted as he saw her, hands above her head, covering herself in fear.
 
Upon hearing this, Eunjae lifted up her head and looked towards the direction of the calling. The debtors too, hearing his shout, all looked towards Jiwoo's direction.
 
"Who are you?" one demanded.
 
"What are you doing to her?!" Jiwoo shouted, as he dashed towards the debtors, pushing them off as he ran towards Eunjae, hugging her. Eunjae, shocked at that moment, was unable to react.
 
"Whoa whoa whoa, what do you think you are do-" the one with the knife raised his knife up, ready to stab Jiwoo.
 
Jiwoo grabbed his arm, pushing him back, carrying him up and smashing him down to the ground, making him drop his knife to somewhere far off. Another one dashed up to Jiwoo.
 
"Jiwoo-sshi, becareful!!" Eunjae shouted upon seeing the sight infront of her, shocked and dumbfounded.
 
"Stop!" the chief commanded then, as the rest of them quietly backed off.
 
"We don't mean to harm, but her parents owe us money. If you can pay up for her, we will let her off." he continued.
 
"How much?" Jiwoo asked, while standing infront of Eunjae. Eunjae then nudged his arm, signalling him not to pay. But Jiwoo ignored her, as he continued waiting for an answer from the chief.
 
"10 million won." 
 
Jiwoo then took out his cheque book and wrote out a 10 million won cheque for the chief. 
 
"Jiwoo-sshi, don't do this!" Eunjae said, as she continued nudging his arm none stop. But Jiwoo didn't bother about her, as he continued writing the cheque.
 
"Jiwoo-sshi!" Eunjae shouted. 
 
"Shut up." Jiwoo said, as he stared at Eunjae.
 
He then finished writing the cheque and passed it to the chief.
 
"After this, leave the girl alone."
 
The debtors then left, leaving Jiwoo and Eunjae standing there in the alley.
 
"Why did you pay?!" Eunjae shouted, frustrated. Jiwoo ignored her.
 
"WHY DID YOU PAY?!" Eunjae shouted even louder. But Jiwoo continued ignoring her, as he started walking towards the direction of where he parked his car.
 
"WHY DID YOU PAY?!" Eunjae screamed, as she ran infront of Jiwoo, standing directly infront of him.
 
"IF NOT WHAT? SEE YOU GETTING KILLED?" Jiwoo shouted back, furiously.
 
Eunjae, getting shocked upon how Jiwoo reacted, suddenly had tears running down her face.
 
"I'm sorry for shouting at you." Jiwoo said, upon seeing the sight of Eunjae crying.
 
"Let me send you home." 
 
Jiwoo grabbed onto Eunjae's hand, and then walked towards his car.
 
---
 
"I'm sorry for being so rude. I will pay you back the money as soon as I can." Eunjae suddenly said, breaking out the silence in the car.
 
"It's okay." 
 
"It's not. I don't want to owe you anything. Furthermore this is such a huge amount." 
 
Jiwoo kept quiet, as he continued driving, not bothering about what she said.
 
"I will pay you monthly, by installment. If you don't mind." 
 
"We reached." Jiwoo said then, ignoring her for what she said, as he looked towards her.
 
"Thanks. I will see you in school tomorrow. And I will pay you monthly! Don't worry." Eunjae said as she alighted the car, waving to Jiwoo while smiling.
 
Tears started to pour once again, after Jiwoo drove off. Slowly falling onto the floor.
 
"Appa, umma, where are you guys..." as she knelted to the floor, crying.
 
---
 
"Jiwoo. Come down for dinner." his mother, no, step-mother, said.
 
Jiwoo ignored her, like always, as he continued with his assignment. 
 
"Jiwoo, your mother is talking to you." his father suddenly said from behind. 
 
Annoyed, Jiwoo walked up then, towards the door and passed by them without bothering. To the kitchen, got his dinner and then took it up to his room. 
 
"KIM JI WOO!" his father shouted, angrily.
 
Jiwoo continued walking up towards the stairs and into the room, without bothering about his father, which at that moment, was boiling mad.
 
"QUIT ACTING LIKE A SPOILT BRAT AND APOLOGIZE TO YOUR MOTHER!" his father shoved the room door open, and shouted angrily at him. 
 
When his father walked in angrily, he accidentally knocked onto a glass jar, causing it to shatter onto the floor. That glass jar was a souvenir from Jiwoo's late mother. With that shattering sight, Jiwoo got really angry.
 
"SHE IS NOT MY MOTHER." Jiwoo shouted back, causing his father to be shocked and mad.
 
"GET OUT. I DON'T WELCOME A SPOILT BRAT IN MY HOUSE." the boiling mad father said.
 
"SURE. I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS DAY IN MY LIFE SINCE FOREVER." the boiling mad son said as he picked up the shattered piece of glasses and wrapped it in a piece of cloth. 
 
He then packed up his luggage, leaving the house.
 
"I WON'T COME BACK. EVEN IF YOU BEG ME." Jiwoo said, as he walked towards his car and drove off.
 
---
 
*Knock knock knock* 
 
A knocking sound came coming on Eunjae's door.
 
*Knock knock knock*
 
It continued for a while, but Eunjae didn't notice it, since she was already asleep.
 
"Sigh, then I will have to sit here for tonight..." Jiwoo thought.
 
But at that moment, a screetching sound came from the door, as Eunjae, in her pyjamas with a sleepy look, opened the door, while yawning.
 
"Can I help you?" she said while yawning. 
 
As soon as she opened her eyes, she shouted, then shutting back the door with a thud.
 
"Why are you here?!" Eunjae screamed, behind the doors.
 
"I need a place to stay." Jiwoo answered.
 
"Oh my gosh! He must have seen me in my stupid ugly look!!" Eunjae thought to herself
 
"I got drived out of house. Please take me in." 
 
"Hold on!" Eunjae then ran off to get herself looking more presentable.
 
After a few minutes, she opened the door and let Jiwoo in. 
 
"What hap-"
 
"Can you rent me a room here for the time being before I find a new house?" Jiwoo asked, while looking around the old apartment.
 
"Er-" 
 
"Just treat it as a favour from your saviour." 
 
"But-"
 
"Fine." Jiwoo then got up from the sofa and walked towards the door.
 
But at that moment Eunjae grabbed onto his arm, stopping him from leaving.
 
"You can stay here." Eunjae said, as Jiwoo turned around expressing his gratitude to her.
 
She then took him around the old apartment and told him where he will be sleeping at. Since her parents had left her alone for quite some time alone, they had another empty room which nobody was using currently. 
 
"I hope you don't mind this old apartment.." Eunjae said, as she grabbed onto Jiwoo's luggage which was somewhat quite heavy for her to lift and maked her way to the room Jiwoo was browsing at.
 
"It's go-" before Jiwoo could complete his sentence, Eunjae fell onto him. As they landed onto one another.
 
"Sorry!" Eunjae quickly said, as she pushed herself up and adjusted her bangs after standing up.
 
"It's okay." Jiwoo said.
 
Eunjae quickly rushed to her room and closed the room door.
 
"How stupid can I be to land on him?! Pabo Lee Eunjae!" Eunjae thought as she mentally slapped herself in her head.
 
"She looks like she was blushing just now." Jiwoo thought, as he stared towards the door of Eunjae's room which was directly opposite from his.
 
"How cute." Jiwoo smirked, as he started to unpack his stuffs onto the wardrobes and the tables.
 
 
More MyungU moments! How is it? I had a hard time thinking of these scenes! I hope you liked this chapter. More coming up!! I realised I'm really bad at expressing what I think into words... those moments where I thought into my head. It's just so difficult to express them out! I hope you are not too confused on my statements because of my poor writing. :(