Chapter 2: Fairytales don't exist

Stuck between two

As the last school bell for the day rang, the students all packed their stuffs and prepared to head home. They were all smiling and chattering with their group of friends, except Eun Jae. At the moment where the school bell rang, she immediately kept all her things hurriedly and ran towards the nearest exit. 

"What a weird girl." Ji woo thought to himself. At that moment, 6 boys walked into the class. The class suddenly remained quiet and the girls were squealing and blushing, whispering to their friends. It was the Infinite. They were the 6 boys that remained top chart in school. They were famous as the school's best band, and they would perform everytime when their school holds a celebration for special events. 

"Hey Ji woo!" Sunggyu shouted as he waved. The rest of the boys all started waving as well. Ji woo greeted them back with a wave. 

"How long has it been since we last saw you boy! Man I missed you." Woohyun said, as he gave Ji woo a bro hug.

"Man WE missed you." Hoya corrected Woohyun, giving a wide eye smile. 

"Haha.. alright I get it, I missed you guys too man..." Ji woo said, while looking at Eun jae's backview as she ran down the hallways towards the school gate.

"Hey whatcha looking at?! First day of school and you've caught yourself a girl?" Dong woo teased. As the other members made those "wooooooo~" sounds in cooperation with Dong woo.

"Hey! No way.. you know I don't like rushing relationships." Ji woo replied back with an annoyed look. 

"Okay okay..." the members said, as they changed their topics and questioned about Ji woo's life in Canada for the past 2 years. 

"So, how was your life for the past 2 years..." It was a good time catching up with the boys that Ji woo missed for the past 2 years. And they haven't changed a bit, neither did Ji woo change, which was a good thing. They have been really close friends since childhood, when they were only 7 years old then. And this group of friends have never left, they've been here, through it all. 

---

As Eun jae ran down the hallways towards the place where she placed her bike, she accidentally knocked into a guy. 

"Poom!" Eun jae fell onto the ground with her bag landing beside her, all the things have been messed up and all over the place. 

"Oh my god I'm so sorry!" Eun jae exclaimed as she gathered all her things up hurriedly. 

"Oh it's not your fault, it's mine. Terribly sorry!" The guy said as he offered a hand to help her up.

"Thanks!" Eun jae said, as she grabbed his hand. She gave him a polite smile, and then ran off to where she parked her bicycle.

"Hey what's this?" the guy said as he picked up a notebook with Eun jae's name and class on the ground. 

"Looks like I'll have to return her back..." he thought to himself as he gave a small smile and walked off.

---

Eun jae couldn't be late, she was rushing towards the fastfood restaurant which was down the streets. She cannot afford to get her pay deducted again. But it was good that she managed to reach on time.

"Hey Eun jae. You're finally here! I thought you were going to be late again." The lady boss of the fast food restaurant said as she threw an apron towards Eun jae, who has just finished placing her bag at one corner below the counter. 

"I'm sorry Mdm Choi. I promise you I will try hard not to be late again." Eun jae apologized as she tied her messy bun up neatly. She knew that she was really lucky to get a lady boss like Mdm Choi, who had never thought about firing her because she was always late, but understands her and still gave her chances even after her sometimes being late for 1 hour due to school work being delayed.

---

As the day finally ended, and as the fast food restaurant is closed for the day, Eun jae cleared the tables, sweeped the floors, and arranged the tables neatly again.

Although Mdm Choi had told her that it's okay for her not to do those since it wasn't her duty, her duty was to only be a cashier at the counter, but she still insisted on doing those because she felt that Mdm Choi was a really nice lady and it would be good if she could do something good in exchange for Mdm Choi's forgiving character.

As she completed those, she took off her apron, grabbed her bag and then walked out of the restaurant.

"Bye Eun jae, see you tomorrow!" Mdm Choi waved goodbye as she closed all the restaurant lights, getting ready to go upstairs where she stayed at. 

"Bye Mdm Choi, see you tomorrow." Eun jae said as she waved goodbye and walked towards her bicycle where she packed somewhere nearby the restaurant and cycled home.

---

As Eun Jae reached home, she the lights and checked if her parents were home. She placed her bag down in her room and went to the kitchen to get ready instant noodles for herself. 

She haven't eaten since it was a busy day at the restaurant so she didn't have a chance to have her dinner there. 

These situations always occured, although most of the time Mdm Choi would ask her to take a break and have her dinner at one corner. She would reject the offer. She didn't want Mdm Choi to be busy by herself, as the fast food restaurant wasn't a big one, they only had two staffs there who were taking orders, which was  Mdm Choi and herself. 

---

She started eating the instant noodles that she had prepared at one corner of the kitchen. She placed the tiny pot on a small little chair and started eating, since her family was so poor they didn't have any dining tables. She stared at the living room, where there were a picture of her parents and her. It was when she was little.

"How good would it be if things were still like then.." she thought to herself as she sighed.

She finished her noodles, washed up and cleared everything. She then walked into her room to complete her homeworks, showered and went to bed. 

This was Eun jae's life. She wasn't like the normal teenage girls where they would have girlfriends, go shopping everyday after school or having a fantastic relationship. She was either working, or if not it would be studying.

Sometimes she would hope that one day, one handsome prince will come and save her from all these. But then she would just laugh, those only existed in fairytales...

 

 

Hi guys! How do you find about this chapter? It's more of Eun Jae and her sad life.. I hope you guys will like it tho. A new episode coming out soon! And thankyou subscribers and people who has commented that they like it. Thank you for your support!