Chapter 5: Staying strong

Stuck between two
Lessons resumed as per normal, and fortunately for Hyuna and her girls, the teachers weren't informed about what occured in the girls toilet earlier on.
 
As Eun jae entered the class, she saw Hyuna and her friends staring at her. She could do nothing except look away and pretended not to notice them. At the same time, the students started to whisper to one another about what had happened. 
 
This was the first time Eun jae had to face such problems since most of the time, she remained  quiet and away from the crowd most of the time, nobody bothered to notice her to bully her. Tears started to form as she thought about it, she quickly wiped her tears clean. 
 
 
"Lee Eun Jae, you can do it. You will be strong. After so many things occured, you still didn't break down, this little thing won't get you down." Eun Jae reminded herself. 
 
"I wonder how does she feel now... should I ask her if she's okay..." Jiwoo thought to himself as Eun jae quietly walked towards the seat next to him.
 
"I guess not... she might feel that I'm trying to be sarcastic." as Jiwoo turned his sight away from her to the front of the class.
 
Mrs Bora then walked into the class, and lessons started as per normal. 
 
---
 
"RING!!!!" Lessons ended. Eun Jae, as normal, quickly packed up for her night-shift job. But at that moment, Mrs Bora called up the few students who were representing their class for the special performance to stay behind for a little  discussion on what is going to happen between these few weeks till the real and final performance. 
 
"So you guys will need some extra time after lessons to start practising. I was thinking of you guys doing it after lessons had ended. Is that okay?" Everyone agreed except Eun Jae. 
 
"Erm. Mrs Bora, can I discuss something with you?" she said softly.
 
"No! Er.... I mean Eun Jae, you will be okay with this right? I'm sure you will be since everyone has agreed. Don't make  things difficult for the rest!" Hyuna said quickly thinking that Eun Jae was going to inform the teachers about what had  occured in the toilet earlier. She didn't want to get herself suspended from school.
 
Eun Jae tried speaking, but Hyuna kept stopping her. 
 
"Eun Jae is definitely ok! I think she's just shy. Since you know, it's like her first time performing for a big event like this in school infront of everyone." Hyuna said as she looked at Eun Jae and turned to look at Mrs Bora with a smile.
 
"Ok then, things will go like this." Mrs Bora said as she packed up and left the class.
 
"YAH. Lee Eun Jae, don't you dare tell the teachers about what I did. If you do, I'll cut off your head." Hyuna said as she  stepped towards Eun Jae, but as Jiwoo saw this, he stepped in between them to stop Hyuna from getting closer.
 
"Try it." Jiwoo said as he stared at Hyuna fiercely. 
 
Hyuna then turned away to leave with her girlfriends. Since there was nothing she could do with Jiwoo there. First Jiwoo, secondly Jihoon. Hyuna was really angry. This was the first time that she was reprimanded over something. What more from two popular guys in school over a zero-popularity or existence worthy girl.
 
Eun Jae was surprised at how Jiwoo had stepped up for her. She always thought that from what had occured from that "accident" Jiwoo would hate her... but he was actually helping her now.
 
"Thank you." She thanked Jiwoo softly and sincerely, standing behind him.
 
"Don't need to. It would make me an for not standing up for a girl getting bullied infront of my eyes." Jiwoo said, as he grabbed his bag and walked off.
 
"But..." Eun Jae tried saying but he didn't stop and had already walked off.
 
"So it's for his own reputation.... and how rude of walking off during a conversation." Eun jae thought to herself as she pouted. 
 
"AH! WORK!" Eun jae quickly packed her bag and ran off for work.
 
---
 
Work finally ended, and she made tons of mistakes today at work. She knew it even though Mdm Choi, the ladyboss of the restaurant didn't scold her, what she did was unbearable. She couldn't help feel guilty over those mistakes, replaying it again and again in her head. And those scenes of her getting bullied...
 
"Appa, Umma... where are you guys.... I really need your support badly.." Eun Jae thought as tears started to form on her  eyes. Tears started landing on the picture frame of her family portrait that she was holding.
 
Even though her parents had left her all alone to live by herself, without caring about how she was now, she has never once blamed them nor hated them for it. She still missed them. Even if they were to return now, she promised that she will not get mad at them for leaving her behind. She would welcome them back with arms wide apart. All in all, they were still her parents. The ones that gave birth to her.
 
She started falling asleep sitting down on her bed while holding the picture frame close to her heart. 
 
---
 
"So as discussed, the students representing our class for the performance will be staying back after lessons for practise. And this procedure will start today. Any problems?" Mrs Bora asked the class, as they all nodded their heads in agreement acknowledging that there is no problems. 
 
"And also, although Hyuna is usually the in charge of these things, today I would like to have Jiwoo in charge of the performing group. Is that ok? Since he is just back recently I would like him to have an experience of it." Mrs Bora asked and at the same time explained.
 
"I'm fine with it." Hyuna said as she looked over towards Jiwoo and smiled when she realized that Jiwoo was looking at her.
 
"So it is set then." Mrs Bora said as she started lessons.
 
---
 
As the rest of the performing group remained in class after lessons, Eun Jae packed up and ran off just like any other school days. She didn't have any opportunity to even say a word to Mrs Bora in class, given that Hyuna was there to stop her everytime she wanted to say something. She could only go to work without a single word.
 
Although she knew that it was irresponsible of her to do so, she couldn't do anything else. She can't afford to miss work, if so, she would be fired and that would leave her jobless. And what would she eat, and where would she get the money to attend school from?
 
As she packed up and wanted to leave, Jiwoo grabbed onto her arms and stopped her.
 
"Where are you going?" Jiwoo questioned her, still grabbing onto her arms.
 
"I will explain it to you tomorrow. I'm in a hurry now, let go of me." She said hurriedly as she shoved off Jiwoo's hand.
 
"WAIT. WHERE.." before Jiwoo could finish his sentence, Eunjae had already ran off.
 
 
How is this episode? Not a lot of sweet moments first..... let's slowly climb towards the of this story! I hope you guys like what I've written. If any comments, please leave it down below so I can have a check! I would love to hear some advices or comments on what I've written, pretty please! And thanks for supporting my fan fic if you're reading this!! Love you.